What's new

We should trade for Deron Williams

No thanks. Giving up Lyles for him makes no sense.

This. ^^^

Lyles (and probably Exum) will be fine. I have no problem with the Jazz throwing money and assets at a rental to fill some gaps for the playoffs. . . but you don't sell low on young, developing players to do so.

Can't believe people have given up on Dante already.
A couple of years ago, the guy was playing HS bb in Oz.
Do you know how pathetically weak that competition is ??? A combined U/15 team from USA could beat any team from Oz HS bb.
No usa college bb , no decent competition to play against and then he finds himself in the most skilled league in the world.
Throw in a major injury (which impacts people differently ) and basically the guy has played 1 year of competitive bb in 5 years.
Give him a chance !!!!! He will get there in a year or 2. Much more potential that Smack daddy and well Neto, who cares what happens to him. Too short, not skilled enough, defence not good enough....
Dante will get there..
Patience people please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

{snort} trade for williams? ............buahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhaaaa............whew. hehe....hehe............HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

In FGA per 36 minutes he ranks 148th. That number would be higher once you adjusted for a threshold of minutes played per game, but still, not that high. Our 2nd unit still regularly gets stuck in late shot clock moments where someone has to force up a tough shot or its in one of our PG hands with under 6 seconds left on the clock.

Good point, but I have to ask you to be as specific as you were before. If Deron's PER was analysed by you in reference to his position - and he was 27th in the league among PGs -, his FGA per 36 minutes have to be subjected to the same procedure. Can you tell us how Deron ranks in FGA per 36 minutes among PGs?

Well... nevertheless, I agree with you that Deron is a much better player than Mack. I don't know if he is a better fit to this particular Jazz team than Mack, but is certainly a much better player.

Ok how about we look at dragic ? Just my opinion so don't shoot me down.....
Trade Mack, burks and some kind of pick.
Think dragic is on 5/85 or something. Decent value for his current production. Still got couple years to go and with the rumours of look to POSSIBLY trade him, well I guess there's a tank happening in Miami this season.
Kinda worried G 'MF' Hill may leave if we can't afford the $20 mill p/y that someone will pay him.
If we can score a good young PG in the apparently loaded draft coming up, perhaps the loss of Mack/Neto will be negligible.
Anyway,only my opinion but he's got good production and a good insurance policy if Hill does take the $ on offer elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

{snort} trade for williams? ............buahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhaaaa............whew. hehe....hehe............HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You make a compelling point.

Deron Williams... yeh no thanks. His history with Hayward is enough for me to not even consider that!

I've always liked Shaun Livingston...

Thought the Jazz would pursue him last off season, but was over the moon finding out we got ourselves George.MF.Hill! Still think Livingston would be a great fit; efficient, makes plays and has LENGTH.

I'm not overly worried about the back up PG situation, well not to the point of trading players for one anyway.

The triple wing offense will be so hard for opponents to deal with once Burks is 100% fit also.

Ideally IMO Quin needs to give Dante a little (or a lot) more leash... These are valuable development minutes being WASTED on Neto right now and no one will convince me that playing Dante is a downgrade from Neto/Mack.

As much as I am not a fan of Mack, he is the ideal 3rd stringer and I wouldn't look to move him unless teams pay a little over. I have a feeling he may end up at Cavs though...

Deron Williams... yeh no thanks. His history with Hayward is enough for me to not even consider that!

I've always liked Shaun Livingston...

Thought the Jazz would pursue him last off season, but was over the moon finding out we got ourselves George.MF.Hill! Still think Livingston would be a great fit; efficient, makes plays and has LENGTH.

I'm not overly worried about the back up PG situation, well not to the point of trading players for one anyway.

The triple wing offense will be so hard for opponents to deal with once Burks is 100% fit also.

Ideally IMO Quin needs to give Dante a little (or a lot) more leash... These are valuable development minutes being WASTED on Neto right now and no one will convince me that playing Dante is a downgrade from Neto/Mack.

As much as I am not a fan of Mack, he is the ideal 3rd stringer and I wouldn't look to move him unless teams pay a little over. I have a feeling he may end up at Cavs though...

It's possible that the reason Mack isn't playing is because they are trying to trade him.

i would point out that i liked him for the first few years, and i mostly forgive him for the whole sloan thing, but his last year and a half or so with us it was pretty obvious that something was wrong with that ankle of his, and he was starting to fade even then, so no, for many reasons, he should not play for us.

I do find it funny that he comes back here during the offseason even after he is booed when he plays here.

Deron's PER during the last three seasons fluctuated between 15.7 and 14.6. You may call that "fairly efficient" if you want, but a score of 15 means league average.

bro our back up point guards are at PER of 10, 10, and 7.... a 15.7 PER would be a HUGE upgrade

i would point out that i liked him for the first few years, and i mostly forgive him for the whole sloan thing, but his last year and a half or so with us it was pretty obvious that something was wrong with that ankle of his, and he was starting to fade even then, so no, for many reasons, he should not play for us.

I do find it funny that he comes back here during the offseason even after he is booed when he plays here.

he was averaging 21/10/4 on 46%/35% that last year with us before the trade. far from fading.

D Rose would be a marked upgrade at backup,he'd fit well next to all the shooters. Getting him out of NY, contract year and gearing up for the race for homecourt is a perfect situation for both parties.

There's no doubt he'd add a nice boost, certainly much more athletic than Mack
No way in hell is D. Rose going to sit quietly on the bench in Utah while thinking he's worth a max contract next year. That's a 100% guarantee, that means no D. Rose because we don't need a problem added to our team.

DWill went over to embrace Gordon after our most recent OT game.

I'll always like him, but I only bring him if there's *zero* chance of team chemistry problems.

If JJ *actually* doesn't like D-Will? No thanks. This team needs airtight chemistry for the playoffs