What's new

Weight lifting and being tired all the time

Hmmmmm. It might be worth it to reduce your sugars. Maybe try to eat more fruit instead of sugary stuff. Starches are... less optimal, but definitely not as bad as outright sugars. You wouldn't think eating less sugar or even cutting it out as much as possible would help your energy levels, but it certainly can. It just takes a week or two for your body to adjust (as if you weren't tired enough already) but it's definitely worth it if you're trying hard to stick to a fitness regime.

So what % of your caloric intake do you think is protein?
And do you happen to know your BF% right now?

Hmmmmmmmm. Well, your RMR is probably in the neighborhood of 2100-2200 calories, so at a relatively minimal level of exertion, you probably need around 2600-2700. If you're on your feet a lot with moderate activity that goes up significantly.

I'd be curious to know if you knew your BF% before starting to lift, and your BF% after.

I'd also be curious to know if you tried to keep the same caloric levels, but just changed to have more of them be protein. What was your caloric intake like before starting to lift?

I'd say an average of 150g of protein. So 600 calories out of around 3000. So 20%. I should probably up that?

I don't know what my BF% is currently. But 2 months before I started lifting, it was at 21%. I lost a few pounds of fat since then. I'd guess around 19%.

My caloric intake before lifting was around 2600.

One supplement you might want to tinker with is D-Ribose. I've known a lot of people that have been boosted from that. One of the reasons I switched to just pushups and situps(the other because I was getting injured a decent amount) was I started feeling so much more energy after I got a good routine down than when I was weightlifting. It was pretty shocking. And my body looks much better now too. Some people hate pushups, but I swear by them.

What would be a real world application in your book? Finding a job as a ninja assassin? Making money at a local underground fighting club? Dramatically breaking a table in half in the middle of a heated argument?

I'm doing it because it's part of being athletic and healthy, with the added advantage of looking good.
how the **** is it healthy if you are feeling tired.
weight training ussually is not healthy because people keep overdoing it. destroy their body

sure it looks good ripped and ****. but weak and slow as ****.

dont get me started on all those proteins and crap people eat with weight training.
do swimming, runninh, biking, field/team sport/ martial arts ad a little gym(the right weightlifting) to that. mix it up. dont overdo one thing just keep mixing it up. trust me that is healthier.

This is called getting old. Energy l levels drop dramatically in your 30's. Just do your best to eat right and sleep good.

But even that still won't help. It just gets worse. You are slowly dying. Get used to it.

This is called getting old. Energy l levels drop dramatically in your 30's. Just do your best to eat right and sleep good.

But even that still won't help. It just gets worse. You are slowly dying. Get used to it.

You don't get tired all the time at 30 - especially if you're physically active.

Siro if it's as bad as you say I'd go a little bit further than a blood test and have a full physical.

Good luck.

What would be a real world application in your book? Finding a job as a ninja assassin? Making money at a local underground fighting club? Dramatically breaking a table in half in the middle of a heated argument?

I'm doing it because it's part of being athletic and healthy, with the added advantage of looking good.

I vote for the ninja assassin part. That would just be cool.

I don't think that's the case, unless my "getting old" moment coincided precisely and dramatically with the start of my weight lifting. Additionally, my 73 year old grandmother gets up at 6am, takes an hour long morning jog, and stays busy for the rest of the day. So I really doubt it's the ravages of being 31. :)

So far here are the suggestions ranked by plausibility:

1. Insufficient nutrition and/or rest.
2. Weightlifting sucks if I'm to become a ninja assassin.
3. There's no overcoming my puss-weedness.
4. Body ravaged from old age.
5. I'm getting high from water.
6. My prostate not getting milked often enough.

So far here are the suggestions ranked by plausibility:

1. Insufficient nutrition and/or rest.
2. Weightlifting sucks if I'm to become a ninja assassin.
3. There's no overcoming my puss-weedness.
4. Body ravaged from old age.
5. I'm getting high from water.
6. My prostate not getting milked often enough.

#6 is probably ranked low, but otherwise I think you have summed it up nicely.

The good thing is you can get your bloodwork and prostate done at the same time.

hahaha really?

not sure if SERIOUS

Are you taking any pre workout supplement? Jack3d would give me a rush when lifting then a nasty crash. If you're taking a stim packed pre supplement you could be suffering from the caffeine crash afterwards.

I wikk try tk knoch it

meme-youaredrunk-fish.jpg