What's new

Well, was it really worth it?

How fun is this guys? Awesome right?

Was it really worth it folks?

Was it really worth the draft pick? A sweet 4 game *** kicking by the Spurs!

Nerd, YB, Cy, Scorp, where are yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu????
O yes, it was and is worth it. The only way a player and a team can grow is by facing the toughest challenge possible. There is a million excuses to make to avoid the challenge and only one way to face it. Look at the teams like Washington, Warriors or Toronto -I am glad that Utah is different.

These playoffs will really go a long way in determining the pecking order on the team. It is now extremely interesting how this team responds. Will Hayward step up or hide again and decide to be a glue guy? What about Harris and Jefferson? Is Millsap really a leader or just a pretender? I cannot wait for game 3...

Yes - playoff basketball is completely different from the other 82 games (you know what I mean - this season was less games, but I digress). Jazz players are gaining experience (as they get humbled) and should learn - be prepared.

@doubledribble. utah was already different. Look at history. Missing the playoffs this year would not have made them the same as the teams you mentioned.

@kabenac - This game was no different than a regualr season game. You have a point with game 1 but this game had no playoff atmosphere to it.

NO, it is not worth the draft pick if Ty doesn't play the young guys the way he did in the regular season. Seriously, Jefferson and Harris deserved to be bench tonight.

Yes, it shows how far away this team is to being a true contender and KOC sees what we are seeing. So he goes all in this summer to improve this team.

playoff experience is for the future, you won't notice it in this series, but next time the playoffs come around the players will benefit from being here before, even though we are getting killed (and maybe getting killed is not necessarily a bad thing for the future)

How fun is this guys? Awesome right?

Was it really worth it folks?

Was it really worth the draft pick? A sweet 4 game *** kicking by the Spurs!

Nerd, YB, Cy, Scorp, where are yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu????

This is why I wanted the draft pick all along. Sorry, I thought we needed more talent over getting our asses handed to us.

playoff experience is for the future, you won't notice it in this series, but next time the playoffs come around the players will benefit from being here before, even though we are getting killed (and maybe getting killed is not necessarily a bad thing for the future)

Memphis got swept 3-4 years in a row. So much for that playoff experience...

Before we eat each other's children ..

Hindsight is way too convenient. It could just as easily had been that we missed the playoffs and busted the pick. I preferred the pick .. but readily recognized there's two very valid sides to the debate .. neither necessarily right or wrong.

Reactions: BYE
next time they got to the playoffs, they did well ;)

Not even close to this situation. Memphis got swept 3-4 years in a row. Then thru trades and FA they got a mostly new team and better talent. That is when they did better in the playoffs. All the "experience" in the world will not help you against teams with that same experience and better talent.

Not even close to this situation. Memphis got swept 3-4 years in a row. Then thru trades and FA they got a mostly new team and better talent. That is when they did better in the playoffs. All the "experience" in the world will not help you against teams with that same experience and better talent.

haha, yea, i realise that. but honestly i think we have the talent, and we need to start developing it (might need a trade or two). there is a lot you can learn from losing against a great side like san antonio.

haha, yea, i realise that. but honestly i think we have the talent, and we need to start developing it (might need a trade or two). there is a lot you can learn from losing against a great side like san antonio.

What team is going to give us good players for our garbage?

Isiah Thomas isn't a GM anymore.

If anything, these playoffs have lowered values for Jefferson, Harris, Bell, Howard, etc....

Contrary to popular belief, we're not going to get Lebron James for Raja Bell and a future 2nd rounder.

What team is going to give us good players for our garbage?

Isiah Thomas isn't a GM anymore.

If anything, these playoffs have lowered values for Jefferson, Harris, Bell, Howard, etc....

Contrary to popular belief, we're not going to get Lebron James for Raja Bell and a future 2nd rounder.

i didn't say i wanted lebron. i just want some shooters who can defend.

Yes, it was definitively worth it and anyone who thinks it wasn't is an idiot.

1) To get here, the young guys had to play the regular season "playoff games".
2) In the playoffs, they see the difference between "regular season playoff games" and real ones.
3) Playing the Spurs, they're getting pummeled by a team that doesn't rattle and knows how to withstand any run they make.
4) Getting crushed is about the best lesson they can get for how much more important getting better as a team is then just getting better personally.

I also left out the absolute clinic the Spurs are putting on with their defense, but that's part of point 4. One dude drafted 8 who has a 75% chance of being a role player/bust historically is not going to help us as much as this beatdown.

Yes, it was definitively worth it and anyone who thinks it wasn't is an idiot.

1) To get here, the young guys had to play the regular season "playoff games".
2) In the playoffs, they see the difference between "regular season playoff games" and real ones.
3) Playing the Spurs, they're getting pummeled by a team that doesn't rattle and knows how to withstand any run they make.
4) Getting crushed is about the best lesson they can get for how much more important getting better as a team is then just getting better personally.

I also left out the absolute clinic the Spurs are putting on with their defense, but that's part of point 4. One dude drafted 8 who has a 75% chance of being a role player/bust historically is not going to help us as much as this beatdown.

This man speaks the truth.

Yes, it's worth it. The Spurs are showing the young Jazz what championship basketball takes--talent, balance, teamwork, discipline and making the right plays at the right time. There isn't a better way to learn it.

Would we like a #14 pick in this year's draft? Sure, but the truth is, we need to move Harris and Jefferson anyway, and the draft pick is just one of several assets the Jazz have to improve themselves. The question is -- how aggressive will they be about improving? The situation with the Golden State pick is out of our control.

The 14th pick from the past 10 drafts:
Markieff Morris, Patrick Patterson, Earl Clark, Anthony Randolph, Al Thornton, Ronnie Brewer, Rashad McCants, Kris Humphries, Luke Ridnour, Fred Jones.

As "loaded" as this current draft supposedly is, expecting the Jazz to get a true difference-maker if they had their pick is foolish.

The experience the core-4 got playing in meaningful games down the stretch was extremely valuable in their development, and the postseason experience against a veteran team like San Antonio would be even more valuable to the Jazz if Ty would play one of the potential cornerstones - Derrick Favors - the minutes he deserves. Not only does he give Utah a better shot at competing with San Antonio when he's on the floor, the experience of him playing against Duncan for 20-30 minutes (instead of Bonner for 15) would be terrific. Even though Kanter's clearly overmatched, atleast he's learning he needs to play at a different speed to compete at the highest level.

It was definitely worth it, but more minutes for Favors, Hayward, and Burks and less for Jefferson and Howard would not only help the Jazz compete harder in this series (shorterm), it would help their development as the team looks to improve upon their performance this season (longterm).

Last edited:
The last 4 posters said it all pretty much.
Hell yes it was worth it and please shut your whiney, I quit after 1 or 2 games, mouth. I said please even.
A side note..if this lowers Big Al's trade value, Im glad. Trade Sap.