What's new

Well, was it really worth it?

#14 pick this year would be Terrence Jones, Austin Rivers, Marquis Teague (reach), Quincy Miller, Terrence Ross, or a back-up big. Nice players, but not necessarily game-changers.
If we tanked down to #13, I'm not sure we'd be able to get Marshall or Lillard.

The last 4 posters said it all pretty much.
Hell yes it was worth it and please shut your whiney, I quit after 1 or 2 games, mouth. I said please even.
A side note..if this lowers Big Al's trade value, Im glad. Trade Sap.

Millsap isn't having a great series, and he's going up against Boris Diaw mostly.

#14 pick this year would be Terrence Jones, Austin Rivers, Marquis Teague (reach), Quincy Miller, Terrence Ross, or a back-up big. Nice players, but not necessarily game-changers.
If we tanked down to #13, I'm not sure we'd be able to get Marshall or Lillard.

Think bigger. Say we get luckier with somebody jumping GS for the 8th pick: In order over the last 10 years: Knight, Aminu, Alexander, Wright, Gay, Frye, Aruajo, Ford, Wilcox, Diop. In fairness, Crawford and Andre Miller come next on that list.

But even if you go 12 years, that's ONE superstar, a few solid role players, and plenty of busts.

What people don't get is our team is built to come off the books after next year. KOC is in a superb situation to build the team with trades and free agency. We can do anything we want. This is KOC's moment. We'll see how he handles it.

I think our team could benefit from learning how to make the extra pass and not take the first available shot, like a greedy little piglet. A nationally televised embarrassment might help them to realize the virtues of team basketball sooner.

There is a lot of frustration thus far, and that's ok. It doesn't make much sense to keep bringing up what could have been though because that ship has sailed. We need to focus on whatever good can come from the situation at hand. I'm think about what must be going on in the minds of Favors, Hayward, Kanter and Burkes. Whatever goes on, and however frustrating it gets out there, I feel those guys are growing. This losing feeling will help to stoke the competitive fires inside of them. They are crawling now before they eventually walk.

I'm think about what must be going on in the minds of Favors, Hayward, Kanter and Burkes. Whatever goes on, and however frustrating it gets out there, I feel those guys are growing. This losing feeling will help to stoke the competitive fires inside of them. They are crawling now before they eventually walk.

I think about what's going on inside their minds too. I don't know how these guys can't be pissed off and want to play for another team, because they do not get the minutes they deserve, with the exception of Hayward. These guys hustle every time they are on the floor and are rewarded by allowing their minutes to go to people who play the game with apathy. Hayward is out there constantly playing defense as hard as he can with the rest of the "veteran" starters while Al and Devin are going through the motions. If I was him I'd be pissed off at having to try to cover up another person's laziness (usually Al's) constantly at the defensive end.
Hell, this isn't even a learning experience for them because they are hardly playing. The only thing they are learning is that if they play really hard, they won't get any minutes, and that Al plays pathetic defense and still gets the most playing time.

Was it worth it? Yes, it will always be worth it.
Both KOC, a Jazz guy and Kenny Smith an outsider have opined recently that playoff experience>draft pick.Not that I need their opinion as a validation, but some of you guys here just need to chill down and look at the big picture.No one picked the Jazz to win this series.

And if you think this loss was bad go back and watch Game 3 of 98 finals again.

Starting with a new coach.

Jesus, people on this board really are ****ing stupid. Someone here is gonna hate any mother****er the Miller's hire. People hated Sloan, they hate Corbin, and they'd probably hate Red ****ing Aurbach too. Jesus I really can't stand the crap that's spewed on message boards anymore.

Jesus, people on this board really are ****ing stupid. Someone here is gonna hate any mother****er the Miller's hire. People hated Sloan, they hate Corbin, and they'd probably hate Red ****ing Aurbach too. Jesus I really can't stand the crap that's spewed on message boards anymore.

LOL... can't stop laughing... I can't breath... I can't breath... LOL

*sigh* Are there any other Jazz message boards? I think this one is a lost cause.

ETA: Nope there really aren't any other boards. Guess I'm stuck here with the rest of the fanatics.

Last edited:
I think about what's going on inside their minds too. I don't know how these guys can't be pissed off and want to play for another team, because they do not get the minutes they deserve, with the exception of Hayward. These guys hustle every time they are on the floor and are rewarded by allowing their minutes to go to people who play the game with apathy. Hayward is out there constantly playing defense as hard as he can with the rest of the "veteran" starters while Al and Devin are going through the motions. If I was him I'd be pissed off at having to try to cover up another person's laziness (usually Al's) constantly at the defensive end.
Hell, this isn't even a learning experience for them because they are hardly playing. The only thing they are learning is that if they play really hard, they won't get any minutes, and that Al plays pathetic defense and still gets the most playing time.

Thats been the story of the Utah Jazz for as long as I can remember. Its such BS when these coaches try and say that you earn your minutes. Its like our government telling us they are going to fix the debt.

"What's the difference between the Jazz and a piñata?
At least when you beat the piñata with a stick, candy falls out.
Ah well, so the Jazz are doing their part to fight tooth decay, if not insomnia." -Fran Blinebury (NBA.com)

After spurs game 2, LOL

"Following the Game 1 whipping, the Jazz flew all the way back home to Utah for two days of video review, soul-searching, drilling and promising to come back with a more inspired effort. It instead turned out to the biggest waste of jet fuel this side of the Newt Gingrich presidential campaign."

""We played to the best of our ability," Jefferson said.

Piñatas everywhere are flinching at the thought." <<< wtf hahaha, Jefferson getting made fun of.

So much for the playoffs being a stepping stone for growth. This loss and possible sweep might have done some damage

So much for the playoffs being a stepping stone for growth. This loss and possible sweep might have done some damage

I disagree. Real growth comes through tribulation, not through being poised at the edge of greatness. The harder the path, the stronger they become from going down it.

These humiliations are going to change our young players. Not overnight, but in the long run, where it really counts.

How fun is this guys? Awesome right?

Was it really worth it folks?

Was it really worth the draft pick? A sweet 4 game *** kicking by the Spurs!

Nerd, YB, Cy, Scorp, where are yooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu????

I'm not even going to read the rest of the thread.

ANSWER: Abso-****ing-lutely.