What's new

What are some options for filling the last roster spot?

fishonjazz liked this post. And he also likes O'Neale.... who was once the 15th man on the roster and "not making a difference." SMH

Sometimes the end of the bench guy makes a difference, but not always. I respect his opinion to believe that this time it doesn’t/won’t. Also liking a post doesn’t always equal agreement.... at least not when I do it. Sometimes I even like a post that I disagree with. Can’t just always assume that a like means an agreement with the like post.
I would guess that the last roster spot more often than not doesn’t matter. Even under DL.
Who is that dude that just got his first taste of action 2 games ago? Do we all think he is the next ingles/Royce? Or is he Bryce cotton, bolomboy, that Aussie from a few years ago that always played on the SL team, Cooley, that dude who came in and hit a three earlier this year for his only attempt and was never heard of again, tabor pliess, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

Is there a chance he finds another diamond in the rough with this roster spot? Sure. Is he better than most other gm’s at it? Probably? Is it likely that he uses this roster spot to find another jingles/Royce level guy? I don’t think so.

Agree to disagree

A poster had the opinion that the open roster spot will be filled by a player who won’t really matter.
I liked the post.
NOAS acted as if I can’t like the dudes post and like Royce as well since Royce was a 15th man last roster spot type of find.

I then tried to explain to NOAS (unsuccessfully apparently) that I don’t subscribe to the notion that because DL found Royce and jingles in this 15th man last roster spot type situation that whoever fills this roster spot will automatically be a rotation player. In fact it’s most likely that whoever fills that 15th spot won’t matter.
That’s just kinda the nature of the 15th man. They don’t usually matter.

Do you guys think the Jazz will leave this roster spot open for a little while?

I think that with Exum coming back soon we have tons of depth pretty much at every position so I wouldn’t be surprised if they leave it open. Saves a little bit of money I guess.
If there are injuries then they could fill the position.

I guess if there is someone that they really really like they would bring them on board.

Does leaving the spot open help with flexibility in any way? Does flexibility even matter now that the deadline has passed?

I'm rooting for my boy Dusty Hannahs who currently plays for the Memphis hustle, perhaps the next Hornacek but with mad handles and dunks; and DeMar DeRozan, I'd like him too.

I liked Fish’s post. Though I’m still debating if I agree with it.

For the record.

Really though, sometimes I like a post I disagree with if it’s well thought out, researched, respectful or whatever. Basically if I liked it.
Am I the only one who likes posts that have a perspective/opinion/idea/etc that is different from my own?
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case.

I'm rooting for my boy Dusty Hannahs who currently plays for the Memphis hustle, perhaps the next Hornacek but with mad handles and dunks; and DeMar DeRozan, I'd like him too.
7 points in the D League. Not bad. Not bad at all.

add some fire power, 3pt guys shooting over 40%, we need some, he's one, and he's available if we wanted him. I've played against him, he can play in the NBA, I give him my rare144 offical SEAL of approval for the JAZZ to bring him in

All i need is permission guys, and a vote of confidence from our front office. I'll pay to fly him in.

Really though, sometimes I like a post I disagree with if it’s well thought out, researched, respectful or whatever. Basically if I liked it.
Am I the only one who likes posts that have a perspective/opinion/idea/etc that is different from my own?
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case.

I believe people who don’t think the same way as I do are ignorant and closed minded.

If you watch the video of dusty with Joe Jesus - a handful of those guys are in my pick up crew, I even see my green man in attendance. I've balled on that court with those guys a few times, Dusty... I'm waiting to see him in the NBA He's the real deal.