What's new

What are some options for filling the last roster spot?

Although for the most part the last spot isn't important, it can matter. If the person in the spot fits the team, they might be a good bench and locker room presence, or useful for team practices or have a great work ethic that is contagious... They might also be able to lighten up the mood during travel or be someone's ear to lean on etc.

Seriously, I couldn't care less about the basketball implications. This would be awesome
He has basically said he isnt coming back unless he has a significant role, which means he isnt coming back. Said he doesnt want to return to just sit on the bench.

Was just going to post this, but you beat me to it. I’m curious to see if anyone surprising gets bought out. It will also be worth watching to see if Golden State ends up picking up someone. If they do, they’ll have to cut someone else first. That guy will be worth taking a look at regardless of who it ends up being.

Troy Williams is apparently getting released by the Rockets... I'd try and sign him to a Royce O' Neale special contract. I hope we try to find someone like that if not him.

Nevermind - went to all the trouble of listing a bunch of options and they’d already gone and signed David Stockton (which was the #1 option that I listed) for the rest of the season. Love the move. Glad he’s getting paid, and I hope they keep him for summer league, training camp and on the Stars next season.

One other guy that I’m really intrigued by for next year’s Stars team is Landry Nnoko. He played in Italy two years ago, was with the Pistons G-League team last year and was the G-League defensive player of the year. He’s a rebound machine and aggressively goes after every shot like Gobert does. Would love to see him with the Jazz for training camp and maybe get a 2 way contract along with keeping Georges Niang.

Last edited: