What's new

What are some options for filling the last roster spot?

I believe people who don’t think the same way as I do are ignorant and closed minded.
I'm liking this post... but then I'm going to cover my tracks, soften my stance beyond reason, then hedge a few bets before circling back around and liking it again. Just to be a nice guy.

The 15th man matters, but it's hard to find them in the G-League. DL hasnt shown any ability to really find a player out of the G-League. His main hits have been overseas guys like Ingles and O'Neale. I expect they will just use 10-day contracts to test guys out before eventually signing someone out of the G-League to one of the non-guaranteed deals where they will fight w/ other dudes in training camp to make the roster full time.

The 15th man matters, but it's hard to find them in the G-League. DL hasnt shown any ability to really find a player out of the G-League. His main hits have been overseas guys like Ingles and O'Neale. I expect they will just use 10-day contracts to test guys out before eventually signing someone out of the G-League to one of the non-guaranteed deals where they will fight w/ other dudes in training camp to make the roster full time.
Seems reasonable. Wouldn’t mind seeing who gets bought out and maybe try to add some more shooting. Marco Belinelli should be a target if he gets dropped.

I'm liking this post... but then I'm going to cover my tracks, soften my stance beyond reason, then hedge a few bets before circling back around and liking it again. Just to be a nice guy.

I see you trying to make fun of me but I was simply being honest and sincere.
I didn’t hedge any bets or change my thoughts or cover any tracks or soften my stance beyond reason at any point.
I think that this roster spot, if filled, probably will be a guy who won’t matter. That never changed.
Of course I never originally even gave my thought on this topic. Simply liked a post and then you tried to give that act some kind of meaning for some reason.

Now you know my official stance on the importance of the final roster spot (pretty unimportant) if you didn’t already.

As for the hedging bets, covering tracks, softening stance, etc, I would love for you to show me where I did that.

NAOS gonna NAOS.

I will go back to ignoring you again now.
Bye felicia

I see you trying to make fun of me but I was simply being honest and sincere.
I didn’t hedge any bets or change my thoughts or cover any tracks or soften my stance beyond reason at any point.
I think that this roster spot, if filled, probably will be a guy who won’t matter. That never changed.
Of course I never originally even gave my thought on this topic. Simply liked a post and then you tried to give that act some kind of meaning for some reason.

Now you know my official stance on the importance of the final roster spot (pretty unimportant) if you didn’t already.

As for the hedging bets, covering tracks, softening stance, etc, I would love for you to show me where I did that.

NAOS gonna NAOS.

I will go back to ignoring you again now.
Bye felicia
Weren’t you and I in the camp getting **** for liking Bolomboy? Yeah, the “15th man is important” crew didn’t give much a **** about our 15th man last year.

Seems reasonable. Wouldn’t mind seeing who gets bought out and maybe try to add some more shooting. Marco Belinelli should be a target if he gets dropped.
Oh, I think there is no way DL adds any vets (outside the Boris thing maybe). Any vet who expects to play though, DL isnt going to touch. The Jazz are filled with rotation players.

Weren’t you and I in the camp getting **** for liking Bolomboy? Yeah, the “15th man is important” crew didn’t give much a **** about our 15th man last year.
I mean, the 15th Man is Important Crew doesnt like every 15th man. Undersized centers with jacked shooting mechanics dont make the cut.

I'd give the 15th roster spot to Fish...

...Just for those deeply loving looks he'd shoot towards AB.

Is there a chance he finds another diamond in the rough with this roster spot?
Diamond Stone?

Don't count out a young prospect a contender releases in order to sign one of the vets who is bought out.

Would the Jazz bring back Wolters?

I'd like to see them take a flyer on someone like Jordan Crawford. He was a solid addition for the Pelicans last year and IMO they made the wrong choice when they cut him at the start of this season. He was much more efficient than earlier in his career and provided some great scoring off the bench with excellent 3-pt shooting.

Homey likes the Jordan Crawford option if he is still in basketball shape and there is not more to the story of NO having too many guaranteed Ks. Jordan was scored over 40 in an Association game.

Guys. Come on.

The 15th man is important for a myriad of reasons. Quality of practice, cheap depth, the opportunity to find guys like Royce, Ingles, Tyrone Wallace (Clippers), etc. Cheap players who can fill your rotation are immensely valuable.

The majority of the players you sign trying to find that guy, aren't gonna be it. It will always be a low percentage hit rate. That doesn't mean it's not important! It's very important. Just don't expect each guy to be DL's newest find. Sometimes they will, usually they won't. But don't say it's not important...it is.

I think it could end up being Niang... issue might be with not being able to get another guy on a two way.

Imagine how good we would be if the nba allowed 16 roster spots!