What's new

What are some options for filling the last roster spot?

One guy to watch... if Torrey Craig runs out of two way time in Denver we could give him a Royce O'Neale type multi year minimum deal. His numbers are meh, but all their fans and writers love the guy.

Good wing player in his prime on the cheap. Also, would piss Denver off.

Bolomboy. I was sad when they cut him for Royce, even though in hindsight that looks like a wise move. Why can't we have both now?

I think there might be a NBA rule we can't sign Bolomboy back

So when do all these teams start cutting or buying out players like it was predicted?

Marco Belinelli has been waived. If I’m the Jazz, he’s the top guy I’m looking at. His shooting helps space the bench and he should get solid minutes in the rotation to take into free agency next year.

Plus, Utah can offer him more due to the Thabo injury exception.

Do we have minutes for Belinelli?

Rubio/Neto/Exum returning soon
DM/Royce/Burks
Jingles/Crowder/Royce

I think I'd rather see the Jazz bring in a young under the radar type that they can have a good look at in practice. Maybe the 10 day contract route where they can get a look at multiple players over the course of a few months. We might find another gem. The rotation seem fine with who we have imo.

Do we have minutes for Belinelli?

Rubio/Neto/Exum returning soon
DM/Royce/Burks
Jingles/Crowder/Royce

I think I'd rather see the Jazz bring in a young under the radar type that they can have a good look at in practice. Maybe the 10 day contract route where they can get a look at multiple players over the course of a few months. We might find another gem. The rotation seem fine with who we have imo.
We can find minutes for a guy Scoring 11.4 points per game and shooting at 37% from three point range. We don’t have a guy like that on our bench right now and it might come in handy to have someone who can shoot like that in the push to get to the playoffs.

He leads the league in points per minute, three point percentage, and three pointers made per minute. If he can maintain some consistency, this is a huge signing.

Hopefully he is a really good cheerleader