What's new

Where Does Hood End Up?

Where Does Hood End Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't think Burks had the nasty in him, but after seeing him lose it on that smart phone I think he eventually ends up speculating in some form of human trafficking. Probably southeast Asia.

What's the goal if we dump Burks? Who are we trying to sign?

I'm not very sure. What is certain is that Burks is out of favor and a waste of 2018-19 money for us. He is not an asset we could trade for an expiring by himself.

Hypothetically, we could target a massive salary dump deal using Favors and JoeJ if we knew we didn't have to pay Burks his $11+ next season.

I'm not very sure. What is certain is that Burks is out of favor and a waste of 2018-19 money for us. He is not an asset we could trade for an expiring by himself.

Hypothetically, we could target a massive salary dump deal using Favors and JoeJ if we knew we didn't have to pay Burks his $11+ next season.

So give up and asset (like Hood) to get rid of Burks, just to take bad salary back to get an asset? Don't see the point. Yes Burks is on a bad deal but if there's no glaring reason to need the space, then it doesn't make much sense.

The only thing I would want from them is their own pick or Collins. They are not giving those up. Late first round picks are a meh asset, hardly worth anything.

Disagree... first round picks are gold in the NBA... late aren't amazing obvi, but there is value there. Maybe you do AB and Hood to Atlanta for one of those picks and flip the pick for Niko.

Would you trade AB and Hood for Niko? I probably would... so you involve Atlanta and get the 1st necessary to facilitate the transaction.

Disagree... first round picks are gold in the NBA... late aren't amazing obvi, but there is value there. Maybe you do AB and Hood to Atlanta for one of those picks and flip the pick for Niko.

Would you trade AB and Hood for Niko? I probably would... so you involve Atlanta and get the 1st necessary to facilitate the transaction.
I think Hood has to be be pretty significantly more valuable than Mirotic on the trade market. If we use him simply to get Mirotic and offload Burks, I'll be super disappointed and sad to see him gone.

So give up and asset (like Hood) to get rid of Burks, just to take bad salary back to get an asset? Don't see the point. Yes Burks is on a bad deal but if there's no glaring reason to need the space, then it doesn't make much sense.

You make very valid points. At the very least, we would trade Hood to dump Burks simply because Quin doesn't play Burks. Paying a paper weight $11+ is just a waste of time. I think the organization would rather save the money.

The bad salary for an asset would just be an option if we traded Burks. We wouldn't have to do it.

I'm sure this was brought up earlier in the thread, but I'm lazy. Who thinks this is a direct result of fans booing Hood? From what I hear, and what we've seen, he's kind of a headcase. His confidence swings wildly and when he gets in a hole things go badly. Do you think he told the Jazz he doesn't want to come back? Pretty sure he did.

I think Hood has to be be pretty significantly more valuable than Mirotic on the trade market. If we use him simply to get Mirotic and offload Burks, I'll be super disappointed and sad to see him gone.

I disagree. I think Hood is definitely worth a first... but not much more. You'd likely have to give a first or close to it to dump AB. Mirotic is worth close to a first.

It is close in value.

I'm sure this was brought up earlier in the thread, but I'm lazy. Who thinks this is a direct result of fans booing Hood? From what I hear, and what we've seen, he's kind of a headcase. His confidence swings wildly and when he gets in a hole things go badly. Do you think he told the Jazz he doesn't want to come back? Pretty sure he did.

Nah... the booing added to his current frustration which was visible with getting tossed and slapping someones phone. Not a reason for a trade doe.

It is all about having to pay him big money and not knowing how reliable he is.

Paying to offload Burks is terrible asset management. His cap number next year means practically nothing, and his expiring next year will have real value. Decent player that doesn't cause issues as well.

Would we be able to get Dragan Bender and a late 1st from Phoenix?

I doubt it. I’m not sure Bender is going to be able to play the four... I’m not a huge fan. Think he’s more of a stretch 5. He’d be a good fit to play with Favs imo.

I don’t think they are ready to give him up.

I don't think they trade Hood anywhere.

I think this is the departing list in order of likelihood.

1-Favors - not coming back to be Rudy's back up. Everybody knows it - probably just a matter of time.
2-Johnson - if he continues to stay healthy and play well (47/37/9.5 per game) could/should probably be gonzo
3-Burks - probably zero demand for a cut and slash guy who can't finish anymore. It's a shame really. Only possible if filler in a big deal that will probably not happen
4-Hood - I think The Jazz are still intrigued by his ability to fill it up.
5-Rubio - should be higher up the list, but FO is unlikely to admit they screwed up on this move and will stand pat into the off-season.

The Philly trade isn't bad. The Cavs would probably want Favors in that deal over Joe in order to send their 1st.

I like the Philly trade (if we trade Favors in a separate trade as we'd need a spot for Holmes). It makes sense for both teams. I feel like we're most likely to do a trade with Cleveland and if we did it would definitely involve Favors (more so than Hood).

Most years you can buy a late first. Early seconds are generally more valuable than late firsts

They do have value but late firsts are not terrible valuable. Generally those are the with little upside that can fill role players spots for cheap. Usually that's where the seniors get drafted. Hood should get you more than just that. It's worth not trading him to see what kind of contact he gets offered and risk losing him for a high offer than a late first.