What's new

Where Does Hood End Up?

Where Does Hood End Up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe something structured around Hood and Saric?

Saric is way more valuable though right?
I mean he is becoming a pretty rugged offensive rebound threat and has a versatile offensive game. Seems to have gotten a little better this year defensively - but that is the eye test only.

I mean he is becoming a pretty rugged offensive rebound threat and has a versatile offensive game. Seems to have gotten a little better this year defensively - but that is the eye test only.

I really like him.

Hood as a spot up shooter is perfect along side Big Benz and Embiid. Saric is limited playing along side them. Win-win if you ask me.

You mean like he knew what Haywood would be offered? Nobody knows for sure, but it's not hard to find a list of FAs and compare it to the amount of teams who will have money. As of now I believe there are about 5-6 teams that will have enough money to make an offer. There could be several more that can clear some cap, but Hood is nowhere close to the top of the FA class.

DL is not looking to dump Hood because he's worried about a big offer. The FA landscape this year is night and day different than it was with Kanter. If that was the case, DL would have tried to dump Hood a lot sooner.

Look around the league and it's easy to find players who misread the changing FA money available. Hill, Noel, etc. lost out on a lot of money because things have changed drastically from where they were a year ago. The main reason being because the salary cap came in 9 million lower than expected.

Anyway, as I like to say, hide and watch. DL may be shopping Hood, but it's not because he's desperate to dump him like he was with kanter.

That makes no sense. Hoods RFA has nothing to do with Benedicts UFA. DL had no control of the decision. He would have guaged interest in Hood over the years and it wouldnt be too hard to find out if a team was going after him in RFA.

Any GM in the league signs Hood at $15Mil/yr.

Someone talk to me about Dragan Bender. I'm intrigued and lazy and busy and wanna hear anecdotes.

Maybe something structured around Hood and Saric?

I really like him.

Hood as a spot up shooter is perfect along side Big Benz and Embiid. Saric is limited playing along side them. Win-win if you ask me.

This is true in a sense. Saric's versatility is perhaps being underutilized in Philly - or will be further if Simmons becomes a beast.

And if Haywood had re-signed, we'd have a 51(probably 55/healthy) win team that just added the best rookie in the draft and one of the best teams in the league. DL set this team up really well and had the bad luck of Boston having the perfect coach and a ton of assets and perfect timing. **** happens, but acting like DL has been incompetent is a stretch. He could have been better, but is still pretty damn good.

Also, I've said this a million times, and will continue as long as DL is being trashed, but the really big mistake in our rebuild belongs to KOC during the lockout year. That was the year to be proactive in rebuilding and Utah lost by far the most value in terms of assets by deciding to chase the playoffs that year. DL still should have blown it up as well, but by then most of the damage was already done.

If this is what Jackstrop is saying about DL as our GM I would love to see what his comments would be if Vlade Divac had been our GM over the past few seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd like a thorough explanation of why anyone would think that trading Hood would be a good idea. If the problem is just his consistency that can still be worked on. He's 25 and has the length and skills to be a very solid player in the NBA.

Is it a future contract issue? I just want to make sense out of it, as you can tell I'm not a big fan of letting him go quite yet.

Jazzta - I think there are a few issues potentially. There are things we can assume and things we dont know and how much these things matter:

- injury history
- fit with Mitchell and Gobert
- contract negotiations
- consistency or inconsistency
- behind the scenes things
- Quin not a big fan

I think there is a mix of everything the FO has to consider. And from what we have seen reported, seems like the FO does not feel like he is essential to the future.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd like a thorough explanation of why anyone would think that trading Hood would be a good idea. If the problem is just his consistency that can still be worked on. He's 25 and has the length and skills to be a very solid player in the NBA.

Is it a future contract issue? I just want to make sense out of it, as you can tell I'm not a big fan of letting him go quite yet.

You don't know??? He knocked a phone out of a fans hand and the team don't put up with that ****... /sarcasm

Because if he can net a first rounder with no salary attached to it then you can use the 15-20M per year he would get paid and get someone else with it.

He is fine. He likely values himself more than the Jazz do and may not love the off the bench scorer role.

If he gets overpaid I don’t view his contract as a positive. Consistency and health issues being my main concerns. There is enough money and interest out there that he will still get paid.

I don’t view him as irreplaceable... jazz may see it the same way.

Hood wants to be a starter and get paid is the problem

We have DM45 & Exum, already paid $$$ for Ingles, doesn't leave much

But you can only do that if you are under the cap. Will we be 15-20 under the cap come summer? Of course, that argument is still valid in 2019.

Agree. many keep spreading the myth that we have cap space... we don't until Ricky AB or Exum are moved. Exum could sign quickly and reduce his cap hold, but there is enough work to do that I would assume we operate over the cap this year. But if we didn't have Hood maybe we use the full MLE where we wouldn't otherwise. Maybe that salary allocation is used for Niko or something else.

Minny may move Bjelica... I wonder if Favs has interest there. He is older but has shot the lights out and can do more than just shoot.

I think Hood's best situation is Atlanta. They aren't a premier free agent destination (but they would have his RFA rights), they have money, and he could play tons of minutes.

And they have the late draft picks (Houston and Minnesota) to use to get him from us.

Has anyone mentioned the Celtics?

Please elaborate. How would Hood fit there with Tatum, Brown, and Hayward? So would Hood be happy being the 4th wing? Would Boston want him for the long haul or would they rather his anticipated money on another position of need?

I think Hood's best situation is Atlanta. They aren't a premier free agent destination (but they would have his RFA rights), they have money, and he could play tons of minutes.

And they have the late draft picks (Houston and Minnesota) to use to get him from us.
The only thing I would want from them is their own pick or Collins. They are not giving those up. Late first round picks are a meh asset, hardly worth anything.

Please elaborate. How would Hood fit there with Tatum, Brown, and Hayward? So would Hood be happy being the 4th wing? Would Boston want him for the long haul or would they rather his anticipated money on another position of need?

I kind of think he fills their position of need this year and it may be a little leverage play against Smart in the same RFA.