What's new

Whiteside Is Going to Be Good

Ive told you before they will pay you a lot for your beer making skills, its in really high demand. As far as your other work, maybe is the best answer. But honestly they have a lot of people working in that industry who are pretty good and cheap. But, I am no expert in this industry that is just a guess. I could look into it more, maybe USA has some industry advantage that I dont know about. I still have the same number you can message me and I can ask around. I know a lot of people who have good connections here (well, my wife does....haha.)
You overestimate my beer making skills and underestimate my troubleshooting skills. I am an elite level troubleshooter. Pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, PLCs, robotics, automation, I'll install it, maintain it, troubleshoot and repair it. I'm an expert in automated systems. That's been my life.

You overestimate my beer making skills and underestimate my troubleshooting skills. I am an elite level troubleshooter. Pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, PLCs, robotics, automation, I'll install it, maintain it, troubleshoot and repair it. I'm an expert in automated systems. That's been my life.
I’m surprised you’re interested to get inside a Chinese political milieu.

I've tasted a lot of beer. So you're wrong wrong on that first account. As far as the other I don't doubt that. I just know China's strengths and weaknesses. Combine that with what they are willing to pay and what they value I think one will make you a lot of money here and one will not.
I’m surprised you’re interested to get inside a Chinese political milieu.
I don't think he is. I just think he's fed up with USA politics.

I've tasted a lot of beer. So you're wrong wrong on that first account. As far as the other I don't doubt that. I just know China's strengths and weaknesses. Combine that with what they are willing to pay and what they value I think one will make you a lot of money here and one will not.

I don't think he is. I just think he's fed up with USA politics.
My brother-in-law lives in India. During Trump he made comments like, “Come over here!” And I was like, “wtf are u taking about, boi?!”

Same thing applies here. No idea why the grass in China would appear any greener, even if you’re fed up on the dry hay over here.

We need to unlock our stretch big. He may as well be called Mr. Above-the-Break. He doesn’t miss a single one in this video.

He’s a rich man’s Raef LaFrentz.

We need to unlock our stretch big. He may as well be called Mr. Above-the-Break. He doesn’t miss a single one in this video.

He’s a rich man’s Raef LaFrentz.

I’m in. 1 per game. He can have 1 of JC’s. It will be worth it because when he makes it he will hold up his shooting hand and freeze for like 30 seconds.

He’s shooting 88% on free throws this year. He’s basically half Mutombo and half Hornacek.

He’s shooting 88% on free throws this year. He’s basically half Mutombo and half Hornacek.
Whiteside’s career three point percentage is 7% higher than what Clarkson is shooting this year. We’d be 11-0.

All joking aside, though, if Whiteside was shooting a couple open above-the-break threes per game it very likely would be going in at higher than 23.8% (Clarkson’s percentage). If we can tolerate 9.2 3PA per 36 from Clarkson…

The thing I like about Whiteside is, in between arguments with refs and tiffs with players on the opposing teams, he really seems to be enjoying himself out there.

Kind of like Jae Crowder and Trevor Booker.

As well he should - he's a starting caliber C player against (mainly) role players - this is his place to dominate.

The thing I like about Whiteside is, in between arguments with refs and tiffs with players on the opposing teams, he really seems to be enjoying himself out there.

As well he should - he's a starting caliber C player against (mainly) role players - this is his place to dominate.
due to Rudy's rotation, Hassan is playing something like half of his minutes against opposing starters.

due to Rudy's rotation, Hassan is playing something like half of his minutes against opposing starters.
If you think about it, this means both he and Rudy should have improved performance and even more dominance, since they are both starting caliber players playing half their time against bench players. Nothing but good stuff there.

This is where our bench should be the deepest and most potent in the league, at least on paper. We can field 4 legit starting caliber players: Ingles, Clarkson, Gay, and Whiteside. If Forrest can be reasonably efficient or if we can get Butler to a point where he can contribute as a rotation guy this would round this group out. We should be dominating most other teams' benches, and hell even holding our own when they mix starters in. As this team comes together we have the potential to be the most dangerous team in the league.

That is, if we can learn to hit a single ****ing shot. Good hell the shooting has been terrible so far this season. I hope each and every one of these guys are eating, showering, walking, relaxing, and sleeping with the new ball so that excuse goes away sooner rather than later.

This is where our bench should be the deepest and most potent in the league, at least on paper. We can field 4 legit starting caliber players: Ingles, Clarkson, Gay, and Whiteside. If Forrest can be reasonably efficient or if we can get Butler to a point where he can contribute as a rotation guy this would round this group out. We should be dominating most other teams' benches, and hell even holding our own when they mix starters in. As this team comes together we have the potential to be the most dangerous team in the league.

That is, if we can learn to hit a single ****ing shot. Good hell the shooting has been terrible so far this season. I hope each and every one of these guys are eating, showering, walking, relaxing, and sleeping with the new ball so that excuse goes away sooner rather than later.
I really don’t see why Butler can’t be Neto. Preseason is preseason, but if he’s a small fraction of that then he’s Neto.

The frustrating thing is that we have this expectation that there are blowouts where we can coast and get other guys minutes, but that has never seemed to be the case. If we’re forcing Forrest into some PT with Conley playing, we instead need to do that for Butler.

I really don’t see why Butler can’t be Neto. Preseason is preseason, but if he’s a small fraction of that then he’s Neto.

The frustrating thing is that we have this expectation that there are blowouts where we can coast and get other guys minutes, but that has never seemed to be the case. If we’re forcing Forrest into some PT with Conley playing, we instead need to do that for Butler.
I think the blowouts will come. Right now we are struggling with shooting, and at least on some level in incorporating the new guys and working through new rotations. Things are not flowing yet. No or very little practice time so far hasn't helped matters. We also need to solve some other issues that will be common themes this season, such as who steps up when Conley is out. I think after this homestand we will see the team really start to take off. I think we will lose a few more than we would like initially, but when we hit our stride I would not be surprised to see us break the Jazz record for most wins in a row, which I believe is 15, and notch multiple double-digit win streaks. I think we still end in the top 3 in the west with a very good shot at the top spot.

And I agree about Butler. I hope spending a few weeks in the G-league helps him get whatever Quin thinks he is missing so Quin will give him some minutes for real. The kid could be a real breakout for us, if given a chance.

Wasn’t he like top 3 in scoring in the preseason? He doesn’t need the g league. He needs longer than 2 minute stints and to be given a little leash. His defense is fine… his offense will come.

Look at Forrests usage. Makes Royce look like Luka. As a primary ball handler you can’t have someone that is a complete non threat. He’s fine as a super cheap injury replacement guy but until he figures something out on offense his defense is good but not so good it warrants playing time.

Wasn’t he like top 3 in scoring in the preseason? He doesn’t need the g league. He needs longer than 2 minute stints and to be given a little leash. His defense is fine… his offense will come.

Look at Forrests usage. Makes Royce look like Luka. As a primary ball handler you can’t have someone that is a complete non threat. He’s fine as a super cheap injury replacement guy but until he figures something out on offense his defense is good but not so good it warrants playing time.
We need to throw him in (first) as a spot up shooter and evaluate him based on that. Let Ingles, DM, or Mike run things.

Forrest is on a two-way, right? So there wouldn’t be any reports generated for when he dips in and out of the Stars practices and/or games?

My guess is that Forrest is on the same schedule as Butler right now: back and forth when the home-heavy schedule allows for more practice time.

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I like a lot of what I’m seeing from Forrest. Yes, he’s deferring way too much; and, yes, he needs to change that. But Butler has his own list of things to work on that is at least one item long.