What's new

Who knows anything about Georges Niang?

Dennis Lindsey knows his ****, and definitely knows the Big 12. He knows Naz Long and Georges Niang were two awesome guys to bring in and have around simply because their work ethic, attitude, and demeanor embody everything he desires in a Jazz player.
Im still mad we signed Stockton over Naz.

He's not as slow as folks in this thread are making him out to be; but yes, he's definitely half a step too slow to compete in the NBA.

So was Ian Clarke at one point - and like Clarke, Niang has an impressive offensive skill-set. Probably worth keeping around for a while longer.

So they say he is too slow to play. Could he play 5-10 minutes against the other teams second unit? 2-6 minutes? Would the Jazz team be more likely to win those minutes with him on the floor?

He was first team all GLeague last season. Was a 2nd round pick of the Pacers a couple of years ago. Played for Santa Cruz and the Stars last year.

Saw some of his highlights during the season. When he scores inside it always looks weird to me, much like Kyle Anderson (who is taller and a SF but has some simularities - great passers, high BK IQs and lack athleticism and speed). He's not fluid but he's quick enough to convert and has great body control. He has good footwork and can make a lot of tough shots in the paint. High basketball IQ and can find the open man.

The guy can shoot the lights out and has a nice midrange game as well. He actually has a nice, complete offensive game. His lack of speed and athleticism are obvious.

Business strategy!!! Plus you can notice he is the only nba player named in the US FIBA world cup qualifying team! It shows you that it was just a business strategy more than he deserved it because of his level.

Sent from my SM-A520F using JazzFanz mobile app
I mean, Stockton was putting up stats in the G-League. He "earned" it. I just would have preferred Naz.

Old Diaw is the is the best comp. But one that can hit the three. Great passer. Can score from everywhere. Just doesn't have the length, athleticism or quickness to be a good nba player. At least i don't think so- he's so skilled, i guess you never count a guy like that out.

he's been extremely impressive defensively from summer league through this first part of the season.