What's new

Who knows anything about Georges Niang?

One thing that’s funny:

With Lyles’ hot start last year, a lot of people thought he was the kind of stretch four we need. Seems like Niang can bring whatever Lyles could but without being an idiot.

Now if we can just get him to duplicate Bolomboy’s rebounding.

Next time people are crying about a 2nd round pick being sold, might wanna consider the possibility that DL knows WTF he is doing. Just a thought.

I mean... these things aren't mutually exclusive... and we could always trade those seconds for other second round picks not just cash.

I love DL. Most of these guys know what they are doing, but sometimes they miss... so you take as many shots as you can.

One thing that’s funny:

With Lyles’ hot start last year, a lot of people thought he was the kind of stretch four we need. Seems like Niang can bring whatever Lyles could but without being an idiot.

Niang > Lyles

Lyles is still a trash defender who doesn't like to work more than 2 hours a day... word is after 3-hour practices Niang sticks around for another half hour to work on his game.

Gonna eat crow. He is awesome at everything and amazing to have for this season. Will be interesting to see whether he cracks the rotation in an elimination game. I think he can ultimately be schemed off the court, which is a terrific characteristic to possess. Also, the Jazz are really good.

Literally every player can be "schemed off the court".
If teams are scheming for Niang, they might have some focus issues.
You scheme for Gobert, DM, even Ingles... not Niang.

Sweet get Niang on the switch not Rudy... then Rudy can still help.

Niang has done well staying in front of guys so far.

Anyone think both Niang and Allen are future starters on this team?

I think Niang needs 25 minutes a night to see what we have. No sense in overpaying another stretch 4 if he can be the solution.

Allen’s scoring has been good. Defense better than expected (I thought he’d be awful). He hasn’t logged one assist yet... extremely limited sample so I’m not concerned. I’d just like to see the other parts of his game. He looks good it’s just too small of a sample. So theoretically I can see it but not gonna make any judgements yet.

I think Niang needs 25 minutes a night to see what we have. No sense in overpaying another stretch 4 if he can be the solution.

Allen’s scoring has been good. Defense better than expected (I thought he’d be awful). He hasn’t logged one assist yet... extremely limited sample so I’m not concerned. I’d just like to see the other parts of his game. He looks good it’s just too small of a sample. So theoretically I can see it but not gonna make any judgements yet.
damn u good, bro.

How often can I flatter HH before it gets to be too much?

Should I start a thread about this?

I think I speak for the rest of us when I say it never gets old :)

I disagree with this. I don’t think there’s any way Mitchell, Ingles, and Gobert get schemed off the court. They can be schemed against, schemed out of plays, but those guys are too good and will stay on the court no matter what.

I disagree with this. I don’t think there’s any way Mitchell, Ingles, and Gobert get schemed off the court. They can be schemed against, schemed out of plays, but those guys are too good and will stay on the court no matter what.

This is probably more correct. I just think if you work to scheme Niang off the court there will be other trade offs that be more valuable than having Niang out there... not sure if that makes sense.

When they target Rudy on the pick and roll it accomplishes two things... gets a slower player out in space and gets him away from the rim. I think Niang actually might be okay laterally and if they target him then Rudy can still help.

Guys like Kanter the issue is one part physical two parts mental. Niang sees the game well and tries hard... a little limited but not gonna kill us imo.

Reactions: 8
Yeah, basketball is about talent more than anything. The Jazz arent losing to Houston/Golden State because of scheme (though they are at a disadvantage with Gobert compared to other teams). They are losing because of talent.

If the Jazz lose to a team like Portland in the playoffs, then you can point to scheme, because the talent level of both teams is comparable and possibly in favor of Utah.

Reactions: 8
One thing that’s funny:

He doesnt have Lyles size. Lyles had the physical potential to be a starting stretch 4 and backup stretch 5 without being undersized.

Like in the Houston game I think Quin held out Niang in the 2nd half because he didnt want him to be matched up on Melo.