What's new

Who Would You Rather Have: Herro or Holiday?

Assuming price is relatively equal, who would you rather have?

• Herro

• Holiday

Results are only viewable after voting.
Calm down, everyone. Herro deal isn't happening - at least not now. It's true the FO likes him, but only on the super-cheap (assetwise, in trade) and it only made sense for Miami in the context of a Lillard deal. They're still in a win-now window.

Dream bigger, all.
You are lieds and need to stop lied to everyone.

So you think a 33yr old Holiday is OUR GUY? We have plenty of draft capital to go after a star if a legit one becomes available. That isn't Holiday.
No. I never argued for Jrue. Even voted for Herro. But win now should be the mindset regardless of who we get or if we get anyone.
I also love how focusing on our current group for another year somehow makes us a bottom feeder
Now you seriously confuse me.... in the post I replied to you said this:
As currently assembled I think we are a better team than last year but the teams around us in the west are better as well and a likely bottom 4 team.
So we are bottom 4 and not a bottom feeder?

Theres actually a perfect storm brewing in the west with too many teams who think they are good. If we manage to finish above some of those teams and steal a playoff spot, we are accelerating some pending implosions.

That also makes us at least acceptable as a destination for a star who wants to win more than anything... which is probably the best we can hope to be.

At this point in their careers...Herro and it's not close. If we had a contending roster and was looking for one more piece to put us over the top, then I would definitely take Jrue. With the roster we currently have and with where we're at in the rebuild, I'll take the 23 year old over the 33 year old any day.
I'm also thinking along these lines.

I love Jrue and if we got him I wouldnt hate it since that would make us a good team instantly and give our young guards the perfect role model.. but I dont see us regaining even half of those assets down the road.

So getting Jrue would be sort of like banking on Keyonte/Brice turning into a star.

People siting his play in summer League to throw shade is my biggest Jazzfanz pet peeve. They had him playing as a playmaker and ball handler it’s not his game. They will have him spotting up in the corner and playing solid defense. In the regular season and he has a chance to be very good at that role.
Yep. His role is likely to be strictly 3 and d and he has a chance to be great in that role.

No. I never argued for Jrue. Even voted for Herro. But win now should be the mindset regardless of who we get or if we get anyone.

Now you seriously confuse me.... in the post I replied to you said this:

So we are bottom 4 and not a bottom feeder?

Theres actually a perfect storm brewing in the west with too many teams who think they are good. If we manage to finish above some of those teams and steal a playoff spot, we are accelerating some pending implosions.

That also makes us at least acceptable as a destination for a star who wants to win more than anything... which is probably the best we can hope to be.

You know damn well that there is a big difference between a bottom feeder which implies being a horrible team and a talented young team that isn't quite there yet. We could and likely will be a bottom 5 team in the west but still only be a few games out of the play in games.

I'm also thinking along these lines.

I love Jrue and if we got him I wouldnt hate it since that would make us a good team instantly and give our young guards the perfect role model.. but I dont see us regaining even half of those assets down the road.

So getting Jrue would be sort of like banking on Keyonte/Brice turning into a star.
Getting Jrue would be banking on iron sharpening iron, which it does.

So you think a 33yr old Holiday is OUR GUY? We have plenty of draft capital to go after a star if a legit one becomes available. That isn't Holiday. I also love how focusing on our current group for another year somehow makes us a bottom feeder.
A 35 year old Jrue Holiday could easily be the starting PG on a championship roster.

Bucks will start a 36 year old center.
Celtics will start a 38 year old PF/C.
Philly will start a 39 year old PF
Warriors will have a 34, 34, 36, and 39 year old starters
The Lakers will start a 39 year old
The Suns start a 35 year old.
The Clippers start a 35, 34, and 34 year old.

I promise there are high level players who are great players past the age of 33.

Stop already.. you are arguing one angle while ignoring the bigger concern.

That 33 year old is on a one year contract. He will cost a lot to get and there is no reason for him to stay beyond that one year. It’s a huge gamble to pay to bring him here and hope he stays. You only take that gamble if it makes you a contender, and the Jazz aren’t there yet.

That 33 year old is on a one year contract. He will cost a lot to get and there is no reason for him to stay beyond that one year. It’s a huge gamble to pay to bring him here and hope he stays. You only take that gamble if it makes you a contender, and the Jazz aren’t there yet.
Sure bud, but guess what? Any good player we trade for is likely going to be off their rookie deal and will be bound to leave at some point.

Why can't we be there yet? You got to make steps. You cant just wait til your team is perfect then hope they are ready. Get them experience. Get Lauri some ****ing playoff experience and stop surrounding him wth mid.

Jrue Holiday of course.
Jazz lack of playmaking PG is so severe as it could be.
Holiday is NBA championship title winner and allstar level PG who's leadership and experience would be huge add to Jazz roster.

Also i probably shouldn't remind you guys of that Jrue and Giannis have played together really well so it would be cool to see what Jrue and Lauri could do together.
And not to forgetting that Jrue would be great mentor to Keyonte George as well so why not.

Sure bud, but guess what? Any good player we trade for is likely going to be off their rookie deal and will be bound to leave at some point.

Why can't we be there yet? You got to make steps. You cant just wait til your team is perfect then hope they are ready. Get them experience. Get Lauri some ****ing playoff experience and stop surrounding him wth mid.

If the player you spend 2 picks and at least one young asset on only has one year left on his contract you better have a good path forward to retain that player. Jrue is 33 and he isn’t going to wait us out to be a contender. If his player option was a team option I’d be all for this deal… we need the extra time to either acquire another piece or to allow the young guys to develop and become that piece.

I just don’t see Jrue staying after next year with where we are at today. Don’t gamble the assets we do have… it’s not yet time for that.

Yeah, you don't do the deal if you don't think you can sell Jrue on staying in Utah for a couple of years, but it's also not like there are a lot of contenders with space to sign him in free agency either. I think he very likely looks to sign an extension with whatever team trades for him, unless he absolutely hates it there.

Last edited:
If the player you spend 2 picks and at least one young asset on only has one year left on his contract you better have a good path forward to retain that player. Jrue is 33 and he isn’t going to wait us out to be a contender. If his player option was a team option I’d be all for this deal… we need the extra time to either acquire another piece or to allow the young guys to develop and become that piece.

I just don’t see Jrue staying after next year with where we are at today. Don’t gamble the assets we do have… it’s not yet time for that.
Then you trade for *him and kick ***

Last edited:
Yeah, you don't do the deal if you don't think you can sell Jrue on staying in Utah for a couple of years, but it's also not like there are a lot of contenders with space to sign him in free agency either. I think he very likely looks to sign an extension with whatever team trades for him, unless he absolutely hates it there.
At 33 with a player option you definitely talk it over with him before making the commitment. Even if he agrees to help facilitate a sign and trade or if he agrees to opt in as part of the deal… you’d need to get some assurances there. He isn’t extension eligible until after the trade deadline… so if it seems like he wants out you might be able to get back roughly what you spent. If he tells us no he won’t extend and he will opt out to go somewhere else… then you probably have to pass. I think as a family man he’d likely love it… I’ve heard the Jazz are amazing accommodating players families.

At 33 with a player option you definitely talk it over with him before making the commitment. Even if he agrees to help facilitate a sign and trade or if he agrees to opt in as part of the deal… you’d need to get some assurances there. He isn’t extension eligible until after the trade deadline… so if it seems like he wants out you might be able to get back roughly what you spent. If he tells us no he won’t extend and he will opt out to go somewhere else… then you probably have to pass. I think as a family man he’d likely love it… I’ve heard the Jazz are amazing accommodating players families.
Exactly. You need to get those assurances before you do anything. And that’s the hardest part because we have competition. Danny needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat. But damn I would love to see Jrue in a Jazz jersey in the season opener.

Then you trade him and kick ***
Is he even allowed to sign an extension with us in the time period we’d have him before the trade deadline?

He is desired by other teams who will likewise give him as much money as we would. Why does he pick Utah?

Did you like the Hayward situation so much you’d do it again?

Is he even allowed to sign an extension with us in the time period we’d have him before the trade deadline?

He is desired by other teams who will likewise give him as much money as we would. Why does he pick Utah?

Did you like the Hayward situation so much you’d do it again?
I meant to say trade for him and kick ***

You got to put yourself out there and sometimes get hurt. You cant just be terrified of every expiring contract.

Jrue going to come here and realize Lauri is a monster and Utah has a ridiculous amount of assets to put an amazing team around him and Lauri.