What's new

Why the HATE for Kanter?

couscous

So now Kanter is public enemy #1? for three years, he never caused any locker room issues, as far as we all know he was a good teammate with this franchise with no bad rumors or news whatsoever, courteous in interview, with media and fans. He might have secretly petitioned for more playing time, but you think he is the first and only guy in Jazz history to ever done that? To want to play more does not make you a bad dude.

So everyone hated him for publicly (or having his agent publicly) declared that he wants to be traded, but honestly ask yourself if you were in his shoes after all the years under Corbs and now he is the third banana, would you have tried to force the hand a little bit? Just saying being a up-and-coming 22 yr old, he has every right to do right by him.

I am saying he has been a good jazz member for 3 years, why can't we just wish him well and let it go.

Yeah, let it go.

Way to set a great example by starting a thread with the intention of discussing Kanter.

The hate for Kanter is nothing related to trade demand....it is just an excuse.

The hate will even increase if he will become an All-Star.

Anyway now he plays for another team. It's time to turn the page even if it is hard.

Last edited:
The hate for Kanter is nothing related to trade demand....it is just an excuse.

The hate will even increase if he will become an All-Star.
Actually it has EVERYTHING to do with his trade demand. He hurt his value and hurt the return the Jazz could get by trading him. I fully expect and encourage him being full on Booed when he returns. Of all the players who have returned he actually deserves it more than most. He did it to himself. And the only people on here defending him are fans of his and not the Jazz, or his biggest supporters over the years.
I don't wish him well for another team because I don't wish any opponent of the Jazz well for their team.

There may be a myriad of reasons, but partly there's a little bit of group think, a little bit of denial, a bit of Gobert/Kanter false dichotomy and the fact that I suppose any deal is going to look good when enough people focus on a distorted view of it.

He was a 3rd pick in the draft that didn't live up to 3rd pick status. Ask Atlanta fans about Marvin Williams 4 years after his draft or Trailblazer fans about Greg Oden in same time period. One difference is that it took Damian Lillard for Portland to get over Oden and Al Horford/Jeff Teague to get over Marvin. Jazz already for their Rudy Gobert. Just need Dante to live up to predraft hype.

The 3rd pick bitterness in addition to fear that Kanter will figure it out and live up to taller version of Zach Randolph potential.

I came here with every intention to give my first ever neg. Based off title alone.

Actually it has EVERYTHING to do with his trade demand. He hurt his value and hurt the return the Jazz could get by trading him. I fully expect and encourage him being full on Booed when he returns. Of all the players who have returned he actually deserves it more than most. He did it to himself. And the only people on here defending him are fans of his and not the Jazz, or his biggest supporters over the years.
I don't wish him well for another team because I don't wish any opponent of the Jazz well for their team.

And then I read this and decided to just pos instead.

Kanter was ok by me until his public trade demand and his kiss to the media. Total lack of class.
I never hated him, I was just disappointed by his lack of effort on the defensive end. To me, he had a WORLD of potential. And he was in a great situation. Jazz let him learn under Big Al and then gave him the starting job.

Kanter supporters want to blame everything on Corbin. Hayward and Favors had the same coaches. Did it get in the way of them developing on both ends of the court? The first two years under Ty (not counting the 1/2 year he took over), the Jazz were fighting for the playoffs. They had winning records. What more do you want? If anything, I'd say he benefited MORE by having Big Al as a mentor (at least offensively) than he would have had AL been traded immediately so Enes could get 30 mins/per.

Sure, everyone was unhappy last year. One year. This season even Ergul admits they were happy with the coaching staff. His trade demand had NOTHING to do with Corbin. It was all about realizing Gobert was going to be the starter after the all-star break. It will be interesting to see what happens when Adams comes back. Will Enes state he's better than Ibaka or Adams and should continue to start? Is he going to pout when he's getting 20 mins/per?

I don't hate Enes. I'm just glad Lindsey didn't commit to paying him $15M/per or Quin didn't promise he'd be a starter for as long as remained with the Jazz.

Well we don't need to like him either. He didn't want to play here.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Here's a few reasons from me:

1. I don't like the fact that he's disingenuous. During the same years where, as reported by Jody and others, his agent was badgering the front office for a trade, Kanter was repeatedly sending out tweets like: "Jazzman for life!" I may be nitpicking, but the entire thing seems two-faced and disrespectful to the fans.

2. I don't like that he has a fixed mindset rather than a growth mindset. He was constantly blaming others or external factors for his less than stellar play. Very fragile ego. He could have attempted to rise to the challenge being presented by the other, more superior play of our bigs (the way Burke is appearing to do with Exum) but instead he put it on Corbin, Snyder, and Lindsey.

3. I've never liked his play. Black hole on offense, lazy defender, looking to get his, whining about minutes. The entire thing strikes me as a selfish player that wasn't buying into the team.

4. The entire "patience, patience, patience" and the "Thank God I'm with the Thunder" tweets and interviews is insulting as a Jazz fan. He had an opportunity to build something here along with our other young players, and he took a pass. If he's not happy being a third big behind Favors and Gobert but he's thanking God for being the third big behind Ibaka and Adams, that represents a serious character flag to me. I'm a fan of the players who commit to the hard work over a long period of time and reap the benefits. Stockton, Malone, Hayward, Favors. Same reason I never respected LeBron's "Decision" to the Heat.

5. Similarly, if Kanter thinks he's a super-duper-star, he should be able to power his team to a championship by the sheer force of his talents. He had that opportunity on the Jazz. Now, he seems perfectly content to ride real superstars' coattails into the playoffs. Great situation for him, but it stands in stark contrast to his own (and his agent's) inflated opinion.

To sum up: I'm happy he's gone and I hope he comes to the DWill recognition three to five years from now, or even this year after playing 15 min a game behind Adams, that he never knew how good he had it. I love poetic justice.

I don't really hate Kanter, but I have ZERO respect for players who have an attitude of self-entitlement, and think they can dictate where they play when they're still on a rookie contract. It's funny, because Enes is in the perfect situation if he wanted to be part of a winning team, and yet I expect him to be disgruntled in OKC as well. To be fair, this may be a case of a young guy getting bad advice/influence from the people around him. If he has any brains in his head, he will fully embrace his opportunity in OKC, but I'm skeptical to say the least. He has already put a label on himself by requesting a trade so early in his career, so he kind of has to play nice now, and that may be difficult when his minutes and touches are being limited.
-

I like Kanter but am glad he was traded. Better for him and the Jazz with how he felt. I wish Im a very successful NBA career. Jazz will see him in the playoffs.

4. The entire "patience, patience, patience" and the "Thank God I'm with the Thunder" tweets and interviews is insulting as a Jazz fan. He had an opportunity to build something here along with our other young players, and he took a pass. If he's not happy being a third big behind Favors and Gobert but he's thanking God for being the third big behind Ibaka and Adams, that represents a serious character flag to me. I'm a fan of the players who commit to the hard work over a long period of time and reap the benefits. Stockton, Malone, Hayward, Favors. Same reason I never respected LeBron's "Decision" to the Heat.
Let's wait until he truly IS the 3rd big and the Thunder still want to get minutes for McGary AND Collison. Jazz only had Booker as their 4th big and were trying to get him 10 mins. Gobert was also just playing around 25 mins.

Ibaka 30, Adams 25, Kanter 25, Collison 20, McGary 10?
Oh wait, that adds up to 110 minutes. So you have to cut 14 mins somewhere. Not sure how that's going to work. Maybe McGary gets DNP's. That still leaves Kanter with even fewer minutes than he played in Utah.

Remember how Deron wised up and changed his attitude about Utah? Almost sounded remorseful. I think the same thing happens with Enes. He'll never admit it, but he was in a pretty good situation here, with a coach who was trying to help him improve his game.

Here's a few reasons from me:

1. I don't like the fact that he's disingenuous. During the same years where, as reported by Jody and others, his agent was badgering the front office for a trade, Kanter was repeatedly sending out tweets like: "Jazzman for life!" I may be nitpicking, but the entire thing seems two-faced and disrespectful to the fans.

2. I don't like that he has a fixed mindset rather than a growth mindset. He was constantly blaming others or external factors for his less than stellar play. Very fragile ego. He could have attempted to rise to the challenge being presented by the other, more superior play of our bigs (the way Burke is appearing to do with Exum) but instead he put it on Corbin, Snyder, and Lindsey.

3. I've never liked his play. Black hole on offense, lazy defender, looking to get his, whining about minutes. The entire thing strikes me as a selfish player that wasn't buying into the team.

5. Similarly, if Kanter thinks he's a super-duper-star, he should be able to power his team to a championship by the sheer force of his talents. He had that opportunity on the Jazz. Now, he seems perfectly content to ride real superstars' coattails into the playoffs. Great situation for him, but it stands in stark contrast to his own (and his agent's) inflated opinion.

To sum up: I'm happy he's gone and I hope he comes to the DWill recognition three to five years from now, or even this year after playing 15 min a game behind Adams, that he never knew how good he had it. I love poetic justice.

You're a smart gay.. I mean guy.

Will you be my frand?