What's new

Why the HATE for Kanter?

Kanter is a **** boii. He tried to dodge getting drafted here, then ****ing dogged it his last two seasons playing here, then was a ****ing problem, has always shown more interest in the politics of the game than the game itself (his absurd behavior with regards to NT play), and actually regressed. If he's hustling and subsequently playing D/getting rebounds and passing in OKC, **** him all the more. The kid was wasted talent here and probably by-design, and maybe that was him leveraging his way out of his situation here the whole time. Why should I - or anyone else for that matter - respect that?

"But Enes was directed to ask for a trade publicly."

That doesn't excuse him. That makes him more hopelessly bitch-made than I could've thought possible.

Kanter is a **** boii. He tried to dodge getting drafted here, then ****ing dogged it his last two seasons playing here, then was a ****ing problem, has always shown more interest in the politics of the game than the game itself (his absurd behavior with regards to NT play), and actually regressed. If he's hustling and subsequently playing D/getting rebounds and passing in OKC, **** him all the more. The kid was wasted talent here and probably by-design, and maybe that was him leveraging his way out of his situation here the whole time. Why should I - or anyone else for that matter - respect that?

This is typical Jazzfanz-hater crap ... and everything that P.O.'s me about a certain element of Jazzfanz. Probably it's a-holes like this who go out and shoot people. What a piece of ****. **** Numbnuts, a-hole! It's this kind of thing that makes me not want to post here any more, and I have considered it many times. I know I'm going to get negged by the haters as I usually do, but this is a perfect example of the kind of thing I have been bitching about for many years now. No, I'm not a Kanter fan, but when people spew hate, it makes me angry.

I don't hate Kanter, but he was my most frustrating player to follow on the Jazz. I think it wasn't fully Kanter's fault. I've heard from several sources that his Dad micromanages his career and he was the one who insisted on Max Ergul be his agent. Kanter has had bad advice and it made him more selfish and focus on stats than being a good teammate.

Only 26 assist shows he was just out to get his stats. He had a career night in scoring against the Pelicans, but gave up a season high to Ryan Anderson. I believe he thought Big AL was his role model. I think that was the reason he was such an awful defensive player. I believe Kanter is a hard worker, but he will always be selfish because of the bad advice he gets from his Dad and his agent. He had so much potential, but GOBERT will be much less frustrating to root for.

I think we're just dealing with a severe case of jealousy. Kanter is the kind of guy that likes/needs to be the center of attention, and Gobert has been taking that from him. Not a good mindset if you're not a superstar caliber player.

This is typical Jazzfanz-hater crap ... and everything that P.O.'s me about a certain element of Jazzfanz. Probably it's a-holes like this who go out and shoot people. What a piece of ****. **** Numbnuts, a-hole! It's this kind of thing that makes me not want to post here any more, and I have considered it many times. I know I'm going to get negged by the haters as I usually do, but this is a perfect example of the kind of thing I have been bitching about for many years now. No, I'm not a Kanter fan, but when people spew hate, it makes me angry.
Says the guy who's called/harassed at least two Jazzfanz posters at home/work...I'd neg you if I could.

Unless I missed it, no one's brought up his exit interview last year, in which he complained about minutes (or RJ spilling the beans about Kanter openly not giving two ****s about playing defense).

Says the guy who's called/harassed at least two Jazzfanz posters at home/work...I'd neg you if I could.

Unless I missed it, no one's brought up his exit interview last year, in which he complained about minutes (or RJ spilling the beans about Kanter openly not giving two ****s about playing defense).

Yeah, in response to harassment I was receiving. And in Trout's case, I was looking for support but instead of that I received animosity. You have negged me a lot, mostly because you don't like me. That isn't the purpose of negging people. But the negging has caused a pissing war on here and probably wasn't a good idea, in the first place.

I never said Kanter was a great player. I have a number of times pointed out my frustration with him. I still thought he had potential, but obviously the trade demand left the Jazz with no other option. But the hate for the guy is just unnecessary but par for the course because there are lot of hostile people on the site.

I really liked your response, and can tell that you are a dedicated Jazz fan. I do have some differences with what you posted. Kanter obviously needed to go. I am not happy with what we received in return but that is another discussion. I found it interesting when mentioning that you respect the die hard Jazz players that go through the thick and thin and demand the best from them selves. But why do you accept less from the Jazz management? Why is it ok when they don't demand the best from them selves? Why is it ok when they are contempt with falling well short of the playoffs for multiple years? As a fan wouldn't you demand the best from the top all the way down to the players??

I'm a big believer in the current front office of the Jazz - except for Randy Rigby, who is obviously a moron, but he doesn't get to make any real decisions that aren't about how many pizzas you get with your ticket package deal.

I've always been behind the strategy of going really young and missing the playoffs in order to build through the draft. That's the only way for a small market team to win a championship, and I like the fact that's the goal of this front office (and ownership.) That said, I'm willing to give them a bit of leeway on things because the overall arc of decision making, and vision for the franchise, is one that I'm so strongly behind.

Yeah, in response to harassment I was receiving. And in Trout's case, I was looking for support but instead of that I received animosity. You have negged me a lot, mostly because you don't like me. That isn't the purpose of negging people. But the negging has caused a pissing war on here and probably wasn't a good idea, in the first place.

Considering you posted earlier that anyone hating on Kanter was likely to murder another person, I'm really shocked you don't have more friends here.

I look at the fragile psychology of Kanter and I wonder what if. What if Quin was the head coach all along, since Ty was pretty brutal to him. What if he had not signed for a pro team in Europe and been banned for a year by the NCAA, which must have been a huge blow to his confidence. Based on the post above I wonder about his dad's impact on him. And lastly, I wonder if his agent has now taken on that role of controlling Enes. I really like Enes, and I hope he finds his own path to happiness.

Considering you posted earlier that anyone hating on Kanter was likely to murder another person, I'm really shocked you don't have more friends here.

I didn't say anyone. I was pointing to Numberica's post, the extreme nature of his hatred. I've been the butt of this in the past, and I get flack for my reaction to this. It's like the player who gets fouled and he retaliates but gets called for the foul because the ref missed the original foul.

Is Eenie-Meenie the worst poster in the history of jazzfanz? Srs

Worst because I say what I think? Or most unpopular? It wasn't always this way. But I don't want to get into that. I sometimes wonder why I continue to post here. Probably habit. I've been on here since the beginning. Maybe joined a couple of months, maybe even less after Jason started the site.

I do enjoy reading the news and there are good posters here. Maybe one of these days I will wean myself off of the site, even though I'm far from being a prolific poster.