What's new

Why the HATE for Kanter?

Yeah. My early sense is that Collison will be the one drawing the short stick in that group of bigs, but it'll be interesting to see. I was pretty impressed with what I saw from McGary tonight.

How many players who have publically demanded to be traded from the team they are on didn't get hate from the fans of that team....yeah, I'll let you clowns who think his trade demand has nothing to do with his hate think on that one.

After Kanters assist to Ibaka. Kanter was so happy doing a bro fist. I am willing to bet good money that it was because he got an assist rather than Ibaka making a shot. Utah media people said during the 1280 radio that Kanter would always look at the box score after a game and didn't really care about the outcome of it as long as he got the stats.

After Kanters assist to Ibaka. Kanter was so happy doing a bro fist. I am willing to bet good money that it was because he got an assist rather than Ibaka making a shot. Utah media people said during the 1280 radio that Kanter would always look at the box score after a game and didn't really care about the outcome of it as long as he got the stats.

He got an assist? Other than the birth of my son that's the greatest miracle to happen this week.

How many players who have publically demanded to be traded from the team they are on didn't get hate from the fans of that team....yeah, I'll let you clowns who think his trade demand has nothing to do with his hate think on that one.

It's more than that, though, Nate.

When a player thinks more highly of themselves than their production, fans don't like them. (See: Hayward right after he signed his max, Burke, Kanter)
When a player thinks highly of themselves and their production matches it, fans love them. (See: LeBron, Curry, Hayward this year.)
When a player knows their role, and their production matches whatever that role is, fans love them. (See: DMC, Booker, Jeremy.)
When a player accepts their role, but fans see that their production suggests a bigger role, fans hate the coach. (See: all of the young players, but especially Burks, under the Corbin years.)

Because this site is full of haters, negative nimcompoops, whose lives are running on empty and who have nothing better to do than spew their **** and vitriol on people -- now I'm not saying everyone, but an awful lot of clowns, as Nate described them. And I support Kanter, though he was probably my 6th or 7th favorite player on the Jazz and I often criticized him. But I can understand how he felt.

And I don't blame him for the poor return the Jazz got for him. They should've been trying to work out a trade once it was obvious Rudy was emerging, if indeed Kanter or his agent had already been expressing that he had wanted to be traded.

Because this site is full of haters, negative nimcompoops, whose lives are running on empty and who have nothing better to do than spew their **** and vitriol on people -- now I'm not saying everyone, but an awful lot of clowns, as Nate described them. And I support Kanter, though he was probably my 6th or 7th favorite player on the Jazz and I often criticized him. But I can understand how he felt.

Thank you for your uplifting positivity and glowing outlook on things.

Hey, man! I only spew my kids on the ladies. You think we are all gay?

And I don't blame him for the poor return the Jazz got for him. They should've been trying to work out a trade once it was obvious Rudy was emerging, if indeed Kanter or his agent had already been expressing that he had wanted to be traded.

The poor guy was only starting and getting 27 minutes a game...it was a travesty how he was treated here, and what little chance he had to prove himself.

But did he suck so much that he needed 40 minutes a game to prove himself?

So now Kanter is public enemy #1? for three years, he never caused any locker room issues, as far as we all know he was a good teammate with this franchise with no bad rumors or news whatsoever, courteous in interview, with media and fans. He might have secretly petitioned for more playing time, but you think he is the first and only guy in Jazz history to ever done that? To want to play more does not make you a bad dude.

So everyone hated him for publicly (or having his agent publicly) declared that he wants to be traded, but honestly ask yourself if you were in his shoes after all the years under Corbs and now he is the third banana, would you have tried to force the hand a little bit? Just saying being a up-and-coming 22 yr old, he has every right to do right by him.

I am saying he has been a good jazz member for 3 years, why can't we just wish him well and let it go.

I never get the mentality of many Jazz fans, but they love to hate on their players. I am not saying you shouldn't criticize the players but for some Jazz fans they go too far. I agree Kanter hasn't done anything to warrant the level of thrashing him on this board. His worse offense is he isn't that good on defense.. I guess certain fans feel the need to thrash a player so they can get over the fact they are leaving the team. Their defense is that I am 100 percent loyal to the team and screw anyone who dares leave...blah.. blah. I only wish Kanter well and would not be surprised that he is successful in his career.

Add Trevor Booker to the haters list.

“He (Kanter) was a big part of this team,” Utah forward Trevor Booker said. “He was a big-time scorer, rebounder, but I think we got better defensively.”

I think Eenie-Meenie is still awaiting the return of AK.

I think you guys are bunch of bashers who can't see all sides of the situation. Kanter was handled very poorly his first three years, and the frustration obviously had built up. I do think though that Quin was willing to work with him and try to turn his career around. But Enes is young and impatient. Maybe he is making a mistake, but look at it from his perspective. With Rudy emerging as our number one big, Enes is going to have to come off the bench. Enes sees himself as a future All-Star but with Rudy in the way, he won't be able to develop his talents as he envisions. Maybe he never will; maybe he is just too slow, reflexively and mentally, to ever become an All-Star. But you should at least be able to see it from his side. It's similar to Reggie Jackson playing behind Westbrook, though Jackson has more talent and more entitled to feel as he did.

I never get the mentality of many Jazz fans, but they love to hate on their players. I am not saying you shouldn't criticize the players but for some Jazz fans they go too far. I agree Kanter hasn't done anything to warrant the level of thrashing him on this board. His worse offense is he isn't that good on defense.. I guess certain fans feel the need to thrash a player so they can get over the fact they are leaving the team. Their defense is that I am 100 percent loyal to the team and screw anyone who dares leave...blah.. blah. I only wish Kanter well and would not be surprised that he is successful in his career.
Guys I hate: players who lie or are disingenuous, those who sign big contracts and don't give even 80%, players who try to create discontent in the locker room.

Kanter isn't on my list even though he left on a bad note (public demand for a trade, kiss-off to the media).

Players on my list:
1. Jackson. He tried to turn the locker room against Stockton
2. Derek Fisher. Fisher lied. Even the "Fisher girls" know that.
3. John Amaechi. Has nothing to do with his orientation. He had no intention of giving any effort after Utah signed him.

Honorable mention:
4. Boozer. Pretty obvious. No effort defensively, questionable recovery time from injuries.
5. Carlos Arroyo.

That's about it. AK gave us too many good years for me to hate him for his last few when he was a whiny biatch. Luther Wright had a serious mental illness. Ostertag was disappointing, but how can you hate a guy with a Fred Flintstone tattoo?

He asked to be traded...why is that part of the equation lost? This isn't people booing Gordon Giricek, who didn't ask to be traded. Kanter did, showing not only that he didn't want to be here but also poisoning his trade value as well. Is there some universe where that wouldn't generate a lot of hate from fans?

Here's a little tidbit that will **** with all yalls tiny brains (and balls). Kanter was ASKED to publicly ask for a trade. Fact, as I hear it that is... Hmmmmm...