What's new

Why we are going to draft Gordon Hayward...

honz

Thunder Fanatic
Contributor
Because it is my birthday and it's all I asked for. Get used to it ya sorry sacks of talent evaluators. Hayward is gonna look good raining down jumpers and grabbing clutch rebounds in a Jazz uni. Your guys' birthday present to me can simply be acknowledging I was right when he turns out to be a stud for us in the future. Thanks, and I'll see you guys when I'm done celebrating this momentous occasion for the Jazz.

Not a big Hayward guy, but I woke up this morning just feeling like he's going to be the pick. As long as Greg Monroe doesn't fall to 9, Gordon Hayward is your newest Jazz man.

If Gordon Hayward somehow grows a moustache with 12 blond hairs and has his chin removed and suddenly has severe acne scars and changes his name to Larry Bird, then it will be a good pick. If he just ends up being the kid who looked like he would snap in half in the NCAAs who almost made that incredible shot, then we will have just drafted Bryce Drew. Look it up, KOC.

I saw him while he was in town, he's a good 2-3 years away from being ready to step on the floor and give the Jazz meaningful minutes.

I just don't see it happening. There are several better prospects on the board at the #9 pick.

I saw him while he was in town, he's a good 2-3 years away from being ready to step on the floor and give the Jazz meaningful minutes.

I just don't see it happening. There are several better prospects on the board at the #9 pick.

Damn, you can tell that just by looking at him? You should be an NBA scout. Gordon Hayward is NOT going to get anymore physically impressive other than maybe adding 10 lbs of muscle. His appeal isnt in his physical ability.

So his frail frame, poor athleticism and average/below average shooting numbers are going to be what gets him on the floor?

Get a clue. The kid needs to put in a ton of work if he wants to continue to be the type of player he was in college. His slow drives and awkward finishes won't fly in the L. He needs to get quicker and a lot stronger unless he's planning on being a spot up shooter for his career. And from a simple eye test anyone could see the kid isn't ready.

ept_sports_nba_experts-972261548-1277327442.jpg

Nightmare fuel.

So his frail frame, poor athleticism and average/below average shooting numbers are going to be what gets him on the floor?

Get a clue. The kid needs to put in a ton of work if he wants to continue to be the type of player he was in college. His slow drives and awkward finishes won't fly in the L. He needs to get quicker and a lot stronger unless he's planning on being a spot up shooter for his career. And from a simple eye test anyone could see the kid isn't ready.

Just like John Stockton couldn't cut it physically in the NBA. Seriously, get a clue bro.

Seriously, Gordon Hayward is nothing compared to Stockton. I think his highest ceiling is Mike Miller which isn't bad but not worth the freakin 9th pick

Seriously, Gordon Hayward is nothing compared to Stockton. I think his highest ceiling is Mike Miller which isn't bad but not worth the freakin 9th pick

Yeah, Stockton was so highly regarded coming out of college that he dropped all the way to 16...

Because it is my birthday and it's all I asked for. Get used to it ya sorry sacks of talent evaluators. Hayward is gonna look good raining down jumpers and grabbing clutch rebounds in a Jazz uni. Your guys' birthday present to me can simply be acknowledging I was right when he turns out to be a stud for us in the future. Thanks, and I'll see you guys when I'm done celebrating this momentous occasion for the Jazz.

And they called it puppy love...

Mike Miller's career isn't a 9th pick? If the Jazz get a guy who plays like Miller for 10+ years, this is a great draft.

According to DX, Hayward was able to bench press 10 reps. Babbit only did 5 more, Aminu only did 3 more, Udoh did the same, Evan Turner did 1 less, Xavier Henry did 2 less, and Paul George did 6 less. Obviously Hayward is stronger than you think.