What's new

Why we are going to draft Gordon Hayward...

and extra kudos to honz, since this seems to be the only thread where his name is spelled correctly

Props to Hans.

73026.gif

Because it is my birthday and it's all I asked for. Get used to it ya sorry sacks of talent evaluators. Hayward is gonna look good raining down jumpers and grabbing clutch rebounds in a Jazz uni. Your guys' birthday present to me can simply be acknowledging I was right when he turns out to be a stud for us in the future. Thanks, and I'll see you guys when I'm done celebrating this momentous occasion for the Jazz.

Bump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVKULdVfwTI&feature=fvst

If Gordon Hayward somehow grows a moustache with 12 blond hairs and has his chin removed and suddenly has severe acne scars and changes his name to Larry Bird, then it will be a good pick. If he just ends up being the kid who looked like he would snap in half in the NCAAs who almost made that incredible shot, then we will have just drafted Bryce Drew. Look it up, KOC.

Good talent evaluation.

You were spot on as always.

Honz, in the grand scheme of things, GH has doen nothing. That said, I hope that I am completely and utterly wrong about GH. I hope Hayward turns into the player that we all hope he can become.

I think the most positive thing i have seen from hayward is that he is athletically very gifted - something you dont expect from a white person - he has shown he has superior hops and therefore will not have to rely upon his jumpshot alone - i think we all had the concern we were just getting another giricek or european type player - but with the development of his jump shot - he has the "potential" to be a multi-faceted player who can take it to the hoop but also hit hte jumpshot - he has also shown pretty good quickness on the defensive end - which will also get better with the develop with increased strength. obviously time will tell - but there is some serious potential that could possibly be realised - fingers crossed!!!

I think the most positive thing i have seen from hayward is that he is athletically very gifted - something you dont expect from a white person - he has shown he has superior hops and therefore will not have to rely upon his jumpshot alone - i think we all had the concern we were just getting another giricek or european type player - but with the development of his jump shot - he has the "potential" to be a multi-faceted player who can take it to the hoop but also hit hte jumpshot - he has also shown pretty good quickness on the defensive end - which will also get better with the develop with increased strength. obviously time will tell - but there is some serious potential that could possibly be realised - fingers crossed!!!

Good one Hopper.

I think the most positive thing i have seen from hayward is that he is athletically very gifted - something you dont expect from a white person -

I can only assume that a comment this patently ignorant is meant to be satirical. But then again, as we've learned from our Tea Party friends, ignorance truly know no bounds.

His real potential is being able to defend the two guard. It looks like he might just be quick enough to stay in front of the majority of them. Any time a team can get away going big at a position, its a huge bonus.

Thanks for the anonymous neg rep that thought my inclusion of a Dashboard Confessional song was meant to be serious. Tool.