What's new

Will Deron get booed tomorrow?

Will Deron get booed tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 56.2%

• Total voters
A booing would likely backfire. He'd probably think we were saying "Woo-hoo!" or "Yooou Ruuuule!"

Miracle-Max-the-princess-bride-122069_604_471.jpg

My bad. Had Russell going to the 3 pt competition and skills competition in my head. However, the point remains the same - he made a marginal guy like Bryon Russell relevant. Hell, he won with Ostertag on the roster. That alone should have gotten him nominated for a Nobel Prize.

I think if the Jazz mail it in for the rest of the season, they will be getting booed badly by the time everything wraps up.

Tomorrow, probably lackluster applause, maybe a few boos. Most of us old-timers are sick seeing Jerry leave like this.

But there are lots of young fans who wanted Jerry to go, so maybe it's a wash?

I think if the Jazz mail it in for the rest of the season, they will be getting booed badly by the time everything wraps up.

Tomorrow, probably lackluster applause, maybe a few boos. Most of us old-timers are sick seeing Jerry leave like this.

But there are lots of young fans who wanted Jerry to go, so maybe it's a wash?

You're not the only old timer, but it was time a while ago for Jerry to leave. Great coach, just seemed like he lost the fire the last couple of years.

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to the immature behavior of some Jazz fans. I hope he doesn't get booed too loudly and what will these fans do when he scores 20 and dishes out 10+ assist. Will they just sit there? They better because they will be hypocrites if they boo him and then cheer him when he plays well. In any argument both parties share the blame. This is not the first time Sloan has bashed heads with players, Malone, Stockton (per Jerry), Hornacek, Russell, Morris, Ostertag, Arroyo, AK, Amaechi (I sided with Sloan) and now other players are complaining, why is it only DW getting the blame. Raja said there were other players who didn't like him. Jerry was a very good coach but his stubborness was a huge problem and perhaps it inteferred with his coaching.

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to the immature behavior of some Jazz fans. I hope he doesn't get booed too loudly and what will these fans do when he scores 20 and dishes out 10+ assist. Will they just sit there? They better because they will be hypocrites if they boo him and then cheer him when he plays well. In any argument both parties share the blame. This is not the first time Sloan has bashed heads with players, Malone, Stockton (per Jerry), Hornacek, Russell, Morris, Ostertag, Arroyo, AK, Amaechi (I sided with Sloan) and now other players are complaining, why is it only DW getting the blame. Raja said there were other players who didn't like him. Jerry was a very good coach but his stubborness was a huge problem and perhaps it inteferred with his coaching.

truth.

Booing Deron could be a significant cog in truly sending this team into a downward spiral. Some Jazz fans are hell-bent on an old-time philosophy that commonly is a road-block to progress.

In summary, NOTHING GOOD will come from booing. You'll be embarrassed by it later, and it might have a practical, across the board negative effect if enough of you idiots get together and form a chorus. If ever there was a time to come together and urge the team on, it's right now.

If it does, it will be a low-point for this fanbase. I couldn't be more embarrassed if it happens.

I don't understand this mentality at all. Williams, if the rumors are true, played an instrumental role in the firing of a Utah Jazz icon. I have a warm spot in my heart for Jerry Sloan, so you better believe that I will be booing my guts out.

Booing Deron could be a significant cog in truly sending this team into a downward spiral. Some Jazz fans are hell-bent on an old-time philosophy that commonly is a road-block to progress.

In summary, NOTHING GOOD will come from booing. You'll be embarrassed by it later, and it might have a practical, across the board negative effect if enough of you idiots get together and form a chorus. If ever there was a time to come together and urge the team on, it's right now.

Heroic post.

Jazz fans are dumb enough to do it. Always looking for drama. Taking their rage out on whoever they feel like.

Exactly. They'll run Deron out of town and be left with nothing....well, they'll have Memo. Jazz fans need to feel marginalized. Thats what they are all about.

Don't listen to the national media! They have never had "sources" inside the Jazz. If they did then they would have scooped the Jefferson trade, the Korver trade, the Sloan retirement last night, etc.

Even Locke doesn't really have any sources. These national hacks get their stuff from other teams. They have ZERO sources with the Jazz. Their "sources" always pop up AFTER events happen with claims unsubstantiated by anybody else locally or close to the team. It's complete bull ****.

Why boo Williams? Jerry has always had run ins with players. It wasn't Deron's fault. Jerry just seems burned out. PLEASE DON'T BOO WILLIAMS!!!

I don't understand this mentality at all. Williams, if the rumors are true, played an instrumental role in the firing of a Utah Jazz icon. I have a warm spot in my heart for Jerry Sloan, so you better believe that I will be booing my guts out.
So although you admit you don't know it's true, you're going to assume it is and boo your guts out? Your idiocy never ceases to amaze me, Dave.

So although you admit you don't know it's true, you're going to assume it is and boo your guts out? Your idiocy never ceases to amaze me, Dave.

And you know it's not true? If you think that the press conference was all truth, and not a load of window dressing, then my idiocy shouldn't be the issue here. I don't care if you're a Deron man, but I'm a Jerry man.