What's new

Will Deron get booed tomorrow?

Will Deron get booed tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 56.2%

• Total voters
Deron will get booed. Book it. Public perception is squarely with Jerry on this one, whether Deron actively drove Jerry out or was just too contentious and too argumentative for Jerry to deal with any more. The public perception is that Deron and the team have been sandbagging since December. So not only does the team (and Deron) seem petulant, they're viewed as having driven out the one man in Utah basketball who is as beloved as Stockton and Hornacek. You don't do that without there being a price paid; in fan respect.

If Deron is a man, he will take the boos, and keep his trap shut, and play the best basketball of his life. Anything less is unaccpetable.

It's funny, the way some folks are telling it they see Sloan as throwing Williams to the Wolves. Being a quitter because he couldn't put up with DWill, then throwing DWill (and basically the Jazz franchise) to the wolves for destruction. That take says something very interesting about Sloan. But I don't really buy that take.

Deron will get booed. Book it. Public perception is squarely with Jerry on this one, whether Deron actively drove Jerry out or was just too contentious and too argumentative for Jerry to deal with any more. The public perception is that Deron and the team have been sandbagging since December. So not only does the team (and Deron) seem petulant, they're viewed as having driven out the one man in Utah basketball who is as beloved as Stockton and Hornacek. You don't do that without there being a price paid; in fan respect.

If Deron is a man, he will take the boos, and keep his trap shut, and play the best basketball of his life. Anything less is unaccpetable.

But the fans are stupid and don't have a shred of evidence....

Sub-Odeon's right, the man will be booed. Did you read his FB page? Almost all of the casual Jazz fan friends I have are really, really upset with him.

Booing Deron could be a significant cog in truly sending this team into a downward spiral. Some Jazz fans are hell-bent on an old-time philosophy that commonly is a road-block to progress.

In summary, NOTHING GOOD will come from booing. You'll be embarrassed by it later, and it might have a practical, across the board negative effect if enough of you idiots get together and form a chorus. If ever there was a time to come together and urge the team on, it's right now.

This exactly.

It's funny, the way some folks are telling it they see Sloan as throwing Williams to the Wolves. Being a quitter because he couldn't put up with DWill, then throwing DWill (and basically the Jazz franchise) to the wolves for destruction. That take says something very interesting about Sloan. But I don't really buy that take.

That's kinda how I see it, but I don't think it was premeditated. I think he's just gotten tired - been there for years, really.

sort of neither here nor there, but regarding the booing and such, and just your comments in general - - keep in mind that Deron is a family guy with young children who may be in school with your kids, and while I'm sure some of you see them as spoiled rich kids with a celebrity parent, they're kids like any others and aren't immune to the stings of criticism.

I'd really like to see Deron have a long career in SLC and if he leaves it's with a championship under his belt, and I hope the environment remains friendly towards him and his family so that can be a possibility.

sort of neither here nor there, but regarding the booing and such, and just your comments in general - - keep in mind that Deron is a family guy with young children who may be in school with your kids, and while I'm sure some of you see them as spoiled rich kids with a celebrity parent, they're kids like any others and aren't immune to the stings of criticism.

I'd really like to see Deron have a long career in SLC and if he leaves it's with a championship under his belt, and I hope the environment remains friendly towards him and his family so that can be a possibility.

Repped.

Deron's shoot around interview when asked how the fans will treat him said something along the lines of, "Well they can either believe espn or they can believe coach sloan, KOC, and Me." Not to be over dramatic but I think he will really take the boos tonight personal.

I wish this game was on the road.

Anyone who boos Williams tonight is a loser.

It's time for the fans to move forward and support Corbin, Williams, and the rest of the Jazz.

Deron's shoot around interview when asked how the fans will treat him said something along the lines of, "Well they can either believe espn or they can believe coach sloan, KOC, and Me." Not to be over dramatic but I think he will really take the boos tonight personal.

I wish this game was on the road.

It's on the coaches and organization staff to help DWill weather the boos, however long they last. DWill should be aware that a bit of crap is coming his way and he needs to try and better understand it. But he'l likely need some help understanding it.

It's on the coaches and organization staff to help DWill weather the boos, however long they last. DWill should be aware that a bit of crap is coming his way and he needs to try and better understand it. But he'l likely need some help understanding it.

It's just frustrating. For a guy who has been so loyal to the franchise and the fans(Or at least appeared to be. I know some people are determined to prove he hates the Jazz) to be boo'd because some dolt on espn said he fired Sloan.

I can see it now...

Rick Bucher sitting back, having a laugh, and watching Jazz fans boo D-Will when he steps on the court. He might even have his first draft for Saturday's ESPN headline done by the end of the first quarter:

"ESPN OWNS Utah!"

Dude's a prodigy... I mean, all it took was a creative imagination and 20 minutes of typing to turn the state of Utah against its best basketball player in the face of overwhelming contradicting evidence (testimony of D-Will/Sloan/KOC/rest of Jazz organization against his article)
868.png

Dear Jazzfanz: Please don't give ESPN the satisfaction.

G-O-A-T

I can see it now...

Rick Bucher sitting back, having a laugh, and watching Jazz fans boo D-Will when he steps on the court. He might even have his first draft for Saturday's ESPN headline done by the end of the first quarter:

"ESPN OWNS Utah!"

Dude's a prodigy... I mean, all it took was a creative imagination and 20 minutes of typing to turn the state of Utah against its best basketball player in the face of overwhelming contradicting evidence (testimony of D-Will/Sloan/KOC/rest of Jazz organization against his article)
868.png

Dear Jazzfanz: Please don't give ESPN the satisfaction.

G-O-A-T

Huston, Denver, OKC, Portland are all licking their chops hoping to see the Utah Jazz, long-time stalwarts of the NBA, fall to pieces and end up like the T-wolves or Clippers.

I don't think people are being all that fair to Deron but booing him fits right in with booing Fisher, Giricek, and Boozer (Fisher especially, that was really embarassing). You don't have all the facts, just basing your opinions on news that was reported.. I personally think there is truth in Williams sharing some of the blame. The people that advocate not booing Deron are simply mad because they are afraid they might not be able to wipe his *** anymore in two seasons. If I were there, I'd boo Deron, if not for this, then for losing the damn game the other night.