What's new

Will Deron get booed tomorrow?

Will Deron get booed tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 56.2%

• Total voters
If anyone boos D-Will tomorrow, I will personally come bonk you in the head with a baseball bat. I have my eyes on you! Don't make me do it!:mad:

I don't think we'll know the whole truth ever.... And if we do, it won't be for a while.

The franchise wasn't looking to move in a different direction, otherwise they wouldn't have offered him an extension. Sloan wasn't too serious about retirement, otherwise he wouldn't have signed the extension. He easily could have just waited a few more months and made a decision. Sloan isn't a quitter either. He wouldn't ever just leave a franchise in the middle of the season that easily could lead to a playoff berth.

Something has been boiling for games... Months... Years even.

I don't think Jerry and Deron ever had a good relationship. They even got off on the wrong foot (mostly because of Sloan. Why did he play jokes ahead of Deron?).
Steadily Deron's become more Lebronbitchisk with each passing year. More complaining to the refs, more attitude, and specifically, MORE BOLD with his comments. All year long he has taken subtle jabs at Sloan. The way they practiced, watched film, prepared, ran plays, etc. I think this has taken a toll on their relationship.

Last night reached a breaking point.

I think Sloan just put his hands in the air and handed Deron the reigns to be coach. Remember, obedience and respect have always been things that Jerry has harped on. I distinctly remember him saying stuff like, "The day they don't listen to me will be the day I need to leave." Well, that day occurred on Feb 9, 2011.

KOC and Greg probably pleaded with him to stay. But for what purpose? Deron would still be around. No way he's been traded. So Jerry left.

That's what I think happened.

Well Thrill... er, Salt... er, Thomas, I don't really want to rehash this argument. You think what you want to think, I'll think what I want to think. In the end, and as usual, I will be right. It's ok man, a lot of people have come to this realization.
Why are you making the strongest argument there is for religion in this thread?

This thread reminds me a lot of the two weeks after 9/11.

"IF YOU BOO, THEN YOU'RE A TERRORIST!!!", "GO BACK TO CANADA, YOU *******!", and "WHY DON'T YOU GO VISIT WWW.CLASSLESSBINLADENSUPPORTERS.COM!".

Give me strength.

Something I never fully understand. Why does society always have to make it good vs evil/bad guy vs. good guy. In my lifetime, it seems like when relationships go bad there is usually blame on both sides. On the other hand, sometime **** happens. Its time to move on and stop villianizing either Sloan or DW neither are perfect but both have contributed to Jazz fanz happiness. In the end I just want the Jazz to win I don't care who gets the credit and I am tired of the blame.

Last edited by a moderator:
IF DW is booed it will be the most embarrassing thing ever. Besides if they do it will only fuel the "DW is gone from SLC "and "Jazz fans are the worse" stories that the national media love to write. Come on Jazz nation show some class and put your bitterness away. Cheer the team as loud as you ever had. The team needs your support.

"IF YOU BOO, THEN YOU'RE A TERRORIST!!!", "GO BACK TO CANADA, YOU *******!", and "WHY DON'T YOU GO VISIT WWW.CLASSLESSBINLADENSUPPORTERS.COM!".

Give me strength.
Sensibility really isn't your strong suit.

Give me strength.

I really just want to know what the **** is your problem.

Something I never fully understand. Why does society always have to make it good vs evil/bad guy vs. good guy. In my lifetime, it seems like when relationships go bad there is usually blame on both sides. On the other hand, sometime $hit happens. Its time to move on and stop villianizing either Sloan or DW neither are perfect but both have contributed to Jazz fanz happiness. In the end I just want the Jazz to win I don't care who gets the credit and I am tired of the blame.

I think it stems from the confusion/disappointment we feel when we have a HOF coach and potential HOF player that, if together, could be a powerful combo to getting us to promised land. So we dig around - in the absense of real information - for a logical explanation of some sort and the only way to reconcile the two of them not working together is that someone 'ruined' it.

But ultimately you are probably right. They both contributed...

I've been very critical of Sloan over the years and think he has made his share of bonehead decision, but he had a lot of good qualities and was a good maybe even great coach if you look at his career overall. However, Deron has been playing like **** lately and his attitude has really sucked. I think his horrible play on Wednesday and his refusal to listen to Jerry was the last straw ... reportedly he nixed "four" plays that Jerry called. I think he deserves to get booed. Maybe this will get him off his high horse and start being the leader we need ... I still say he was most responsible for AK's decline because he needed to be the man, the one in control.

No kidding? On the flip side, you're just as passionate and 'unsensible' as I am. You should write a song about this.
I'm not sure how to respond since I'm not sure to what you are referring to. However, I try to believe things that are supported by the best evidence available, for whatever that is worth.

I'm not sure how to respond since I'm not sure to what you are referring to. However, I try to believe things that are supported by the best evidence available, for whatever that is worth.

But it's how we interpret 'the best evidence' that separates us. It's all good though, like I said earlier, I'll be vindicated in the end and you'll still be ugly.

It amazes me that anyone would boo their best player without a shred of evidence of wrongdoing. That's just stupid.

Seriously, folks. It's on Sloan if he decides to leave mid-season. He gave the Jazz many good years, but this should have happened about five years ago.

It amazes me that anyone would boo their best player without a shred of evidence of wrongdoing. That's just stupid.

Seriously, folks. It's on Sloan if he decides to leave mid-season. He gave the Jazz many good years, but this should have happened about five years ago.

Ya, seriously. Not a single shred. Nothing.

Eh, people largely see what they want to see. The Williams situation is no different than the AK situation, yet the fan base was nearly 100% supportive of Sloan with AK being the moody, self-centered, me first guy. Williams does the same thing he is suddenly Patton crossing the Rhine with the only goal of total victory. Sloan was a basketball genius when challenged by AK. Now he is a washed up junior jazz coach suddenly out of touch.

Williams should be booed because he thinks he knows what is best for Deron and let it get in the way of the team and organization as a whole.

The large majority of jazzfanz would be happy with team of psychopaths as long as they won the Western Conference.