What's new

Will Donovan Mitchell be with this franchise for the '25 - '26 season?

Will Donovan Mitchell be with this franchise for the '25 - '26 season?

• Yes

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 41 85.4%

• Total voters

dipship31

A lot of "smoke" about Donovan wanting to be in a larger market blah blah blah going on. Personally I don't buy any of it, but it's safe to say we're going to hear about it for the next 4 seasons. If Don remains healthy he's not taking his player option for the 25/26 season so he'll either be an UFA at that time, signed an extension with us, or we will have made a trade. Obviously a lot of this will depend on the team success, but as long as Rudy and Donovan are on this team we should at worst be "good" till this decision becomes an issue. Simple question on the poll though, do you think he'll be with us for that season?

No reason not to assume he’s gonna wanna try someplace else. It’s rare a player doesn’t, and if the Jazz don’t get younger soon, it’s gonna be really, really ugly in a couple of years.

That is far enough out (5 seasons from now) that Gobert will be starting on the downhill slide, we will have retooled at least one more time after this potential retoolings, probably more than one, and it would be Mitchell working on an extension again, so I voted no. I think he might be here right up to that time frame though. And he could very well be a Jazz lifer, but I kind of doubt it. And really that has nothing to do with the stupid hyped-up fabricated ******** going around right now, just my honest feels.

Rudy Gobert will be 33 years old making $46.5 million that season.

If we haven't made a serious title challenge by then AND Rudy is still on the payroll, I think Don is gone.

If we're winning, he'd stay. But he's not going to be Lillard and stay forever and toil.

With his last year being a player option, and one where he'll be able to sign another long-term contract for more money assuming his game doesn't suddenly fade away, we realistically have him for 2-2.5 more years as if you think he's going to opt out, you have no choice but to ship him out in '24-'25 to get a return.

Under no circumstance can we lose him and get nothing in return - it would cripple this franchise for at least five years.

Good luck LoPo
Donovan has not one time complained about a teammate, thrown a fit at a ref, said anything bad about the franchise, publicly questioned the coach, etc.

He's been about as professional as any professional athlete can be.

He has always differed to as he calls him "the big guy". He has encouraged Joe to be Joe. He helped push Royce. He let's Clarkson be who he is.

When he has laid it all out there during playoff games as others were absent, he never threw them under the bus or called anyone out.

I don't see why there is so much animosity towards Donovan Mitchell. It blows my mind.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Gotta say I'm shocked by the results. I too think he won't be here for that season, but I also think it's a greater than 5% chance (current poll results)

I don’t think this far ahead and I don’t know and am not too concerned. What I am concerned with, however, is that it often takes a couple decades for any given franchise to get where we’re at and we managed to stumble into this window we would have never guessed would be here after July 4, 2017. This franchise Did an amazing job getting us to this point, but everything since getting to this point on the FO and coaching staff, theyre doing everything they can to absolutely squander such an amazing opportunity we’ve been given. WGAF about ‘25-‘26? Let’s win a title now while the sun’s out. But yeah, I’m pretty bitter that we had an amazing drive on a par 4 to land us on the green and we’re doing everything we can to **** up every single putt, especially as we spent the first to putts feeling relaxed because we feel we had room for errors because of the awesome drive.

Donovan has not one time complained about a teammate, thrown a fit at a ref, said anything bad about the franchise, publicly questioned the coach, etc.

He has always differed to as he calls him "the big guy". He has encouraged Joe to be Joe. He helped push Royce. He let's Clarkson be who he is.

When he has laid it all out there during playoff games as others were absent, he never threw them under the bus or called anyone out.

I don't see why there is so much animosity towards Donovan Mitchell. It blows my mind.

Color me unimpressed. I would rather he have the balls to say what he feels is the truth in public ala Draymond or someone than put up the facade of being the consummate pro. He’s a spoiled little rich AAU kid with some talent who will privately whine his way out of here.

**** him.

Seriously, this is embarrassing stfu already. Judging by the poll 95% of the fanbase on this forum knows I'm right. The truth is, I've droned on about this a bit too much, but there's nothing I've said that most don't realize is true. Donovan's a spoiled rich kid, a diva, and an arrogant fake douche and everyone here knows it in their heart.

I don’t think this far ahead and I don’t know and am not too concerned. What I am concerned with, however, is that it often takes a couple decades for any given franchise to get where we’re at and we managed to stumble into this window we would have never guessed would be here after July 4, 2017. This franchise Did an amazing job getting us to this point, but everything since getting to this point on the FO and coaching staff, theyre doing everything they can to absolutely squander such an amazing opportunity we’ve been given. WGAF about ‘25-‘26? Let’s win a title now while the sun’s out. But yeah, I’m pretty bitter that we had an amazing drive on a par 4 to land us on the green and we’re doing everything we can to **** up every single putt, especially as we spent the first to putts feeling relaxed because we feel we had room for errors because of the awesome drive.
Lol. Donovan has been given a silver platter by the Jazz for the first few years of his career. He has accomplished more than basically any player in his draft class. I don't want to hear about the sob story. The Jazz have been fine, Donovan is at the root of every issue that takes place. See anyone else's name constantly in rumors and bulls***? He is the distraction and lead weight around the franchises neck.

I hope the next iteration we do the full tear down and rebuild. I just think that with shorter contracts and player movement it may be easier to turn things around if you go full OKC mode... have to pad your draft assets by selling off your stars. The danger is doing the halfway measures like Sacramento, Orlando, NY... but even those franchises have had chances to get out of the mud. You hope to do the Memphis rebuild... or even OKC (only been out of the playoffs 2 years).

It absolutely sucks *** that the last few years after crushing the drive DL duffed his approach shot by drafting Udoka instead of Bane or McDaniels and then hamstrung us with the Favs deal. If we had just one more pick we could trade it wouldn't be this dire. There were lots of minor slip ups with second round picks and cap management we could discuss. Hell if you don't screw up the Hayward negotiation forever ago you have him under contract one more year and you can see what Donovan, Hayward, prime Ingles, Rudy look like. All we needed to do was hit on one more fringe move and not actively **** up. Sucks.