What's new

Will Donovan Mitchell be with this franchise for the '25 - '26 season?

Will Donovan Mitchell be with this franchise for the '25 - '26 season?

• Yes

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • No

Votes: 41 85.4%

• Total voters
I'm genuinely curious what Don's trajectory would be with another team. I'm not espousing an opinion here just wondering what kind of player he becomes. Haywood is probably a bad example where he got hurt in his first real game with Boston, but he seemed to pretty much fully recover yet was never perceived as the star he was here in Utah. Much like Don things were tailored to his strengths here. I still feel that if he had stayed he had a chance to really make a name here, but that may just be fan bias. If/when Don goes elsewhere will he get the freedom he has used to take every shot he wants and force the offense like he sometimes does? If he is with another superstar will be defer more? Is he okay not being the main focus of the offense? Imo his size will always limit him to a degree but his talent will help overcome that.

I honestly don't have any idea how it turns out once he moves on but I'm glad we got him when we did and wish him the best wherever he ends up. The important thing is if we do have to move on from him I just hope we get a haul for him.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely curious what Don's trajectory would be with another team. I'm not espousing an opinion here just wondering what kind of player he becomes. Haywood is probably a bad example where he got hurt in his first real game with Boston, but he seemed to pretty much fully recover get was never perceived as the star he was here in Utah. Much like Don things were tailored to his strengths here. I still feel that if he had stayed he had a chance to really make a name here, but that may just be fan bias. If/when Don goes elsewhere will be get the freedom he has used to take every shot he wants and force the offense like he sometimes does? If he is with another superstar will be defer more? Is he okay not being the main focus of the offense? Imo his size will always limit him to a degree but his talent will help overcome that.

I honestly don't have any idea how it turns out once he moves on but I'm glad we got him when we did and wish him the best wherever he ends up. The important thing is if we do have to move on from him I just hope we get a haul for him.
I don't think he will be as good, but of course that could be the homer in me talking.

That said, he plays in an offensive system that is pretty much the best at creating it (granted, he's a big part of that s well, but the system really helps too). And he plays in a system where one guy can cover for a lot of defensive mistakes. If he goes to another team, he might have more trouble creating offense and will likely get cooked more on the defensive side.

Only one spreading lies here is you. Every single one of those things has happened.

Btw how long does a concussion last? Seems like he’s been in protocol forever but had no issue going to games or even flying on a road trip and dealing with pressure changes. (Yes I know concussions can sometimes prolong)
Who did Don get fired?

When did Don complain about a teammate in public? And don't talk about Rudy when Rudy did something around covid.

When did Don throw a fit?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited: