What's new

Winter Olympics 2018 in PyeongChang, South Korea

OK - I give you that one.

But how come Snowboarding makes it to the Winter Olympics, but Skateboarding doesn't?

Who here can explain that to me?????

Double standard much?!?!?!

OK - I give you that one.

But how come Snowboarding makes it to the Winter Olympics, but Skateboarding doesn't?

Who here can explain that to me?????

Double standard much?!?!?!

Man, 3 on 3 basketball is going to be at the next one, tiddlywinks will be next. I'm surprised MMA hasn't come in.

Ice skating? What about roller skating?
Snowboarding? Why not surfing?

Man, 3 on 3 basketball is going to be at the next one, tiddlywinks will be next. I'm surprised MMA hasn't come in.

You know what I mean.

Skateboarding is the same as Snowboarding but with wheels. IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING PRETTY MUCH.

Summer Olympics has enough interest to not worry about young viewers. Winter Olympics did have that problem, so they created "hip" events that were being done at the winter X games and put them into the Olympics to draw interest. Plus, the Winter Olympics doesn't have the amount of events that the summer event has. It's a logistical nightmare as is for the Summer Olympics. No need to add MORE stuff.

How awesome was Shaun White's win and reaction? Loved it.

Pet Peeve: If the network is going to keep apologizing for swear words offered by the competitors, why don't they quit putting microphones close by when they are celebrating their wins? Shaun White and Red Gerard shouldn't have to censor themselves while they are hugging family and friends. Give these people some privacy already.

Pet Peeve: If the network is going to keep apologizing for swear words offered by the competitors, why don't they quit putting microphones close by when they are celebrating their wins? Shaun White and Red Gerard shouldn't have to censor themselves while they are hugging family and friends. Give these people some privacy already.
What did you make of Shaun White's sexual allegation that surfaced today after his win? I thought it took the shine off his medal a bit.

What did you make of Shaun White's sexual allegation that surfaced today after his win? I thought it took the shine off his medal a bit.

It's getting so difficult to actually like anyone. I still do not believe that men's lives now should be ruined by doing stupid non-criminal stuff back at a time when everyone let them get away with it (men and women). I personally would be happy if all men would accept that the stuff they did was wrong and understand why it was wrong, apologize and own it, and then never behave like that again. They shouldn't get fired or have rewards for accomplishments taken away (unless they have been continuing that behavior recently). That's all I really want from the world.

Criminal sexual behavior, past or present, should be treated more harshly.

I wanted to cry last night after Nathan Chen's short program. It's kind of ridiculous how attached I felt to him just because he grew up in Salt Lake City. Sports are weird.

My take is stop apologizing for their swear words. Let them revel in it. If a few swear words are dropped so what.

I read that the ratings are pretty low and getting lower every day. I assume that was USA ratings. Apparently we only like the Olympics when we are winning everything.

People were complaining about how late the figure skating is coming on. Time zones are hard to understand, apparently.

Quite the comeback from Nathan Chen. It was great seeing all three Americans in the top 10, which was probably unexpected. Chen not getting a metal was as well, but he showed remarkable strength tonight.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

I read that the ratings are pretty low and getting lower every day. I assume that was USA ratings. Apparently we only like the Olympics when we are winning everything.

People were complaining about how late the figure skating is coming on. Time zones are hard to understand, apparently.

Americans are such sooks. Fair weather supporters who only watch when they’re going to win and when it’s convenient

It's getting so difficult to actually like anyone. I still do not believe that men's lives now should be ruined by doing stupid non-criminal stuff back at a time when everyone let them get away with it (men and women). I personally would be happy if all men would accept that the stuff they did was wrong and understand why it was wrong, apologize and own it, and then never behave like that again. They shouldn't get fired or have rewards for accomplishments taken away (unless they have been continuing that behavior recently). That's all I really want from the world.

Criminal sexual behavior, past or present, should be treated more harshly.

I agree that some things were more common in years gone by and lines were more blurred ... but ffs if he did that stufff there’s no amount of context that can excuse that as anything other than foul disrespectful behavior and he pays the consequences for that then I’m fine with it

My take is stop apologizing for their swear words. Let them revel in it. If a few swear words are dropped so what.
I have never even understood why swear words exist. Like who decided what words are bad and what words are good? They all come from the same alphabet right?
If I stub my toe and say "ah ****" why is that bad but if i say "ah crap" "or ah shoot" or whatever its ok.
If I do something good or something good happens and i say "**** ya" then i said a bad word but if i say "heck ya" then its all good?

Does anyone know when swear words were invented/decided upon? How long have swear words existed? Since the time of christ? Is there a list of bad words in the bible or something? WTF?

Americans are such sooks. Fair weather supporters who only watch when they’re going to win and when it’s convenient
Speaking only for myself, I dont enjoy watching the winter olympics or most of the summer olympics. Doesn't matter how good or bad the usa is. About the only event I like to watch is the 100 meter race and america hasn't won that in a long time. Bolt wins every year and i still like to watch that event anyway.

I reckon if i had enough to drink id be really good in that thing where you lay there face first and go down the thing....
lol.