What's new

Winter Olympics 2018 in PyeongChang, South Korea

Big air probably shouldn't have been added to the Olympics IMO. It's repetitive and simple and they already have slopestyle and halfpipe. I bet they do away with it after this or the next Olympics, kind of like they did with ballet skiing(88,92).

I agree with OL that skateboarding(street and vert) would be great Olympic sports. Imagine if they included it earlier and Shaun White won gold in both. Has anyone won gold in both summer and winter games?

Big air probably shouldn't have been added to the Olympics IMO. It's repetitive and simple and they already have slopestyle and halfpipe. I bet they do away with it after this or the next Olympics, kind of like they did with ballet skiing(88,92).

I agree with OL that skateboarding(street and vert) would be great Olympic sports. Imagine if they included it earlier and Shaun White won gold in both. Has anyone won gold in both summer and winter games?
Agreed on both. Saw big air yesterday cos NZ won bronze in it but it just looked like a very shortened version of halfpipe/slopestyle. Was wondering how did they let it become a separate event.

Also how is it BMX is an Olympic sport but skateboarding isn't? I would argue it's harder to skateboard than to BMX.. or at the very least require just as much skill.

Check out this knarly half-pipe run by Elizebeth Swaney. Talk about big air.

My favorite part was the look on the older lady's face at the end, like WTF did I just watch?

Apparently, any moron with a parent born in another country can make the Olympics and pretend like they belong there. Why in the hell anyone would want to embarrass themselves like that is beyond me. Just so you can tell people you were in the Olympics? Last place and I looked like a kid just getting used to the bunny hill, but I'm an Olympian!

Last edited:

Google says Eddie Eagan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Eagan

Sounds like an interesting chap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multiple_Olympic_medalists#In_the_Summer_and_Winter_Games

longer list.

Agreed on both. Saw big air yesterday cos NZ won bronze in it but it just looked like a very shortened version of halfpipe/slopestyle. Was wondering how did they let it become a separate event.

Also how is it BMX is an Olympic sport but skateboarding isn't? I would argue it's harder to skateboard than to BMX.. or at the very least require just as much skill.

A lot of these lame childish sports should be cut out of the Olympics. If I wanted to watch deadbeat bum kids playing I’d watch the Xtreme games.

A lot of these lame childish sports should be cut out of the Olympics. If I wanted to watch deadbeat bum kids playing I’d watch the Xtreme games.

Are you saying skateboarding is 'a lame childish game'? If so then snowboarding is too. They require practically the same skills just on different surfaces.

Are you saying skateboarding is 'a lame childish game'? If so then snowboarding is too. They require practically the same skills just on different surfaces.

Of course I am saying that. Every ski resort should have snipers situated at various locations picking off snowboarders at will. Absolute menace to society

True. Aussie rules is nowhere near what it used to be years ago, it’s gotten so defensive and sterile it’s like watching the New Zealand netball team

True. Aussie rules is nowhere near what it used to be years ago, it’s gotten so defensive and sterile it’s like watching the New Zealand netball team

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a 'netball'? Is it a game you play on the inter-'net'?

Man we live in strange times, kind of like doing lsd without any of the fun bits
Well the dude with the blond toupee is always good for a laugh. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with LSD but a friend of mine told me it's very sensual feeling and stimulates creativity in special ways. So I don't even know what the non-fun parts of it are :(

Well the dude with the blond toupee is always good for a laugh. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with LSD but a friend of mine told me it's very sensual feeling and stimulates creativity in special ways. So I don't even know what the non-fun parts of it are :(

The non fun parts are the parts when you feel like you are in a never ending nightmare and you might die.

The non fun parts are the parts when you feel like you are in a never ending nightmare and you might die.

Also, I don't know about stimulating creativity. Maybe after? You kind of feel like **** when you're on acid.

This is truly an amazing news and accomplishment. It's been a long time coming and it's really great to see a very popular sport is at last being added to the Olympics programme. There will be two disciplines: park and street. For the park competition, a course that combines a dome-shaped bowl and a variety of complex curves will be used. For the street competition, a street-like course with stairs, curbs, slopes and rails will be used.

Amazing news. Amazing day.

https://tokyo2020.org/en/games/sport/olympic/skateboarding/