What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I see Tony Jones called bs on Buchner but he only said that the real offer was in his athletic article. Anyone read the article?

I have a question. Hopefully someone has an answer.

Regarding 2027, the Jazz have the right to swap picks with Cleveland
AND the right to swap picks with Minny.

So, how does that work?

We can’t swap picks with both of them. One of them will get to keep their pick, right?

View attachment 13011
First, in 2027, as it shows in the screenshot you included, we have both CLE and MIN’s 1st round picks (both unprotected). 2026 is when we have swaps with both. Easiest way to think about it is we will essentially get the highest pick amongst us, CLE and MIN that year. If we do end up swapping picks, that’s all that will happen. The other team will simply just keep their pick that year.

This trade just keeps on getting better and better. Sexton used to be with CAA. When he first entered the draft his agents were Austin Brown and none other than Leon Rose himself. He fired Austin Brown and then signed with Klutch. Guess who Donovan’s agent is? Austin Brown. This is ****ing awesome stuff.

View: https://twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/1566797790990274562?cxt=HHwWhMC87cSSsb4rAAAA

Oh brother. We negotiated almost exclusively with them for a time… they gave a bull **** ultimatum and deadline and we took our bizness elsewhere… but we weren’t fair with them.

They thought they could get the thing they coveted for a discount and played that hand too far… good grief just take the accountability here.

YOU HAD 2 FULL MONTHS TO AGREE TO SOMETHING.

You balked because of Grimes and a top-5 protection on one pick.

I promise you if the Knicks could go back in time they’d give us what we asked for.

I also see people keep mentioning we didn’t give them a chance to counter. That is because Altman literally went all-in with his best package with reassurance from Ainge that he wouldn’t just use it to get a better offer from the Knicks. I think they were close and Ainge wanted Agbaji added. He likely said if you add him we will close this deal right now and send the paperwork to the league office.

I also see people keep mentioning we didn’t give them a chance to counter. That is because Altman literally went all-in with his best package with reassurance from Ainge that he wouldn’t just use it to get a better offer from the Knicks. I think they were close and Ainge wanted Agbaji added. He likely said if you add him we will close this deal right now and send the paperwork to the league office.
I honestly have no idea how this would’ve played out had the Cavs not stormed in. I agree that terms of the Cavs negotiation were probably “take this or leave this, you don’t get to use it as a quote.” So how many more months of this bull **** would we have to endure?

I think the Knicks package was ultimately better but they weren’t negotiating in good faith and the Jazz had had enough. They were also bluffing about being fine keeping Donovan so they just pulled the trigger.

To get the offer we did we had to negotiate in good faith. That means you aren’t just going to take the offer you got and shop it for 10% more. We had warned the Knicks of multiple offers we liked… they called our “bluff” by lowballing us… then in a grand show of power dropp d a deadline KD ultimatum on us… and that grand show got the attention of the Cavs who were like… “hey… ya know what we back in if you want to”.

I honestly have no idea how this would’ve played out had the Cavs not stormed in. I agree that terms of the Cavs negotiation were probably “take this or leave this, you don’t get to use it as a quote.” So how many more months of this bull **** would we have to endure?

I think the Knicks package was ultimately better but they weren’t negotiating in good faith and the Jazz had had enough. They were also bluffing about being fine keeping Donovan so they just pulled the trigger.

You think the last Knicks offer was better than the deal we got from the Cavs?

You think the last Knicks offer was better than the deal we got from the Cavs?
Yeah. I think those two unprotected picks are strong odds at lottery. I think RJ easily gets you more picks or is an intriguing pillar to build with. And I think there also were probably some protected picks (say, a top-5 protected Knicks pick and one of the protected picks they own from another team). If they didn’t offer swaps, it’s for good reason.

Comparing that to a team’s picks and swaps with four current or future all-stars in their early to mid 20’s… ehh… we really might not get **** depending on how it plays out.

Could someone post the exact details of the Knicks final offer?
I don’t think there are exact details (unless both FOs wanna come out and confirm something. I think some of the reported stuff are the minimum of what was on the table (we know that RJ and two unprotected picks was part of it), and rumors for months that the Knicks were stuffing their offer with protected picks. 2+2 = RJ, 2 unprotected, some protected picks. Maybe a swap. Maybe Toppin.

Could someone post the exact details of the Knicks final offer?

We don’t know exactly but it sounds like it was this or close to this:

RJ Barrett
Immanuel Quickley
2 unprotected Knicks 1sts
1 top-5 protected Knicks 1st
2 other players (expiring contracts)

Fournier was getting routed to a third team with a protected 1st from the Knicks and two players with expiring contracts were coming to us.

We don’t know the years on the picks they were offering. If you were to believe Ric Bucher he said the two unprotected 1sts were 24/26.

t

RJ Barrett
Immanuel Quickley

Fournier was getting routed to a third team with a protected 1st from the Knicks and two players with expiring contracts were coming to us.

We don’t know the years on the picks they were offering. If you were to believe Ric Bucher he said the two unprotected 1sts were 24/26.

Thanks, I thought there were more details somewhere. I also thought they were offering two additional protected picks.

I tend to think this Knicks deal might be better than what we got from Cleveland. It's close though, close enough that the details would make a difference.

Thanks, I thought there were more details somewhere. I also thought they were offering two additional protected picks.

I tend to think this Knicks deal might be better than what we got from Cleveland. It's close though, close enough that the details would make a difference.

I will say if it was a coin flip you go with the guys you’ve done multiple deals with before over the clowns who have their executives show up to a playoff game, give you a ******** ultimatum and not negotiate in good faith. Every time.

RJ Barrett
Immanuel Quickley

It wasn't the Knicks protected pick. They offered the MKE pick from what I gather.... which is top 5 protected.

It wasn't the Knicks protected pick. They offered the MKE pick from what I gather.... which is top 5 protected.
I think that makes more sense. I kinda believe that more than it was a Knicks pick.