What's new

Would you trade ...

You now know more than an NBA head coach. I've now seen it all.

You dont think SVG knows his stuff? Maybe he doesn't care about the luxury next year because he is in win now mode. That's not your call HH.

I don't know about Luke. All I do know is Detroit was open to sending him to Orlando.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Read the article Cy. Damn you are stubborn.

Stan himself says they need a PG to add to Ish. They have cap space and flexibility. They have needs.

Its okay for you and HH to admit you are wrong because you think you know what's best for Detroit. But don't worry, I don't expect an apology.

They have cap-space? They are 4 million from the luxury tax and don't have any cap relief incoming in the way of expiring contracts outside of Bradley and Tolliver. They have 106 million in contracts next year. Yikes.

If SVG told you had beach front property to sell you in Detroit would you believe him too?

I choose to believe a condescending poster on a jazz forum.

Oh wait, no I don't. I choose to believe the NBA head coach when he says he wants a PG and reinforcements.

I choose to believe a condescending poster on a jazz forum.

Oh wait, no I don't. I choose to believe the NBA head coach when he says he wants a PG and reinforcements.

So you think they have cap-space and flexibility when they only have two expiring contracts and 5 million before they hit the LT?

I think SVG meant space under the luxury. I also know they have a non guaranteed contract or two. And lastly, I know that Detroit is in win now mode.

So if they have space under the luxury and they have a need, they will pursue options. They aren't afraid of next year like you and HH.

There is a reason why Detroit is after Fournier, Mirotic, and other players. They don't care about what you think they care about.

I think SVG meant space under the luxury. I also know they have a non guaranteed contract or two. And lastly, I know that Detroit is in win now mode.

So if they have space under the luxury and they have a need, they will pursue options. They aren't afraid of next year like you and HH.

There is a reason why Detroit is after Fournier, Mirotic, and other players. They don't care about what you think they care about.

Yes, they went after Fournier and the crux of the deal was Orlando taking back Reggie Jackson.

Your deal conveniently doesnt include Jackson. They arent going to take on a 15 million dollar PG and keep Jackson.

Detroit is after Mirotic. I will call it now - there is above a 50% chance that Detroit trades Marjanovic, a nonguaranteed player and a 1st for Mirotic on January 15. It might even be Marjanovic, Kennard and their 1st for Mirotic.

There is a lot of ignorance when discussing Hood because people have shaped narratives and want to read the stats a certain way without thinking of context.

Detroit is after Mirotic. I will call it now - there is above a 50% chance that Detroit trades Marjanovic, a nonguaranteed player and a 1st for Mirotic on January 15. It might even be Marjanovic, Kennard and their 1st for Mirotic.

They will not give up the latter for Mirotic.

Possibly the Boban/1st thing tho.

You now know more than an NBA head coach. I've now seen it all.

You dont think SVG knows his stuff? Maybe he doesn't care about the luxury next year because he is in win now mode. That's not your call HH.

I don't know about Luke. All I do know is Detroit was open to sending him to Orlando.

I think his owners care about luxury tax... win now? They are 7th seed in the east. That's fine but not worth luxury tax.

I am 1000% better at math and finances than SVG. Just trust me on that.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y97qzgah

I'm getting my Lopo on and doing a super dumb trade that has no actual basis in reality.

Charlotte gives us their unprotected 2018 pick (lulz I know).

Utah gives Charlotte their 2019 unprotected pick.

Charlotte gets out of the worst contract in the NBA (Batum, go look it up, it's wild) and Marvin Williams (his contract isnt horrendous, but it's not good). They will miss out on a great draft, but they get Hood and Exum. They can say some dumb **** to their fans like "Our biggest draft picks this year were Dante Exum and Rodney Hood".

They can say some dumb **** to their fans like "Our biggest draft picks this year were Dante Exum and Rodney Hood".
Too funny. They’d have to pay royalties to KOC for plagiarizing a page of his book.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y97qzgah

I'm getting my Lopo on and doing a super dumb trade that has no actual basis in reality.

Charlotte gives us their unprotected 2018 pick (lulz I know).

Utah gives Charlotte their 2019 unprotected pick.

Charlotte gets out of the worst contract in the NBA (Batum, go look it up, it's wild) and Marvin Williams (his contract isnt horrendous, but it's not good). They will miss out on a great draft, but they get Hood and Exum. They can say some dumb **** to their fans like "Our biggest draft picks this year were Dante Exum and Rodney Hood".
God this trade is terrible. Obviously what Charlotte should do is just trade Kemba and tank that bitch. Deal w/ dumping off their bad contracts next year.

Cy, seriously, why are you such an unhappy, pain in the ***?

Every single trade I propose has a logic to them. If you don't agree, well tough cookies. Will the other team or the Jazz even bite on the trade? Most times no because there is too much pride involved and trades are more difficult to pull off than the trade machine makes it appear. Every trade I propose is based off of credible sources or straight from a GM, coach, etc. And every trade idea comes as the initial offer. An initial offer is rarely ever the one agreed upon. It's called compromise.

So if you don't like a trade idea, swallow your extremely small sense of pride and just agree with it or disagree with it. Taking shots will not make you any bigger or me upset. I'm going to do what I do which is stay positive and look for solutions.

On to the next idea...

Detroit doesn't want to lose a current contributor in a trade. They want to trade expendable or long term pieces for value now.

So you think Rubio helps them win, is a good player, and worth something?

I am pretty sure Rubio's trade value is very low right now and not a PG that Detroit feels is a difference maker. I think Jazz will have to pay to dump his contract or throw him in a deal to make the difference with salary. More likely is that the Jazz hold on to him until he expires or at least until he an expiring contract and maybe worth something. Or he starts to fit in better here and play better.

I think they want a PG but either Rubio is good, worth assests and helps teams win or he isnt and they dont want him. You cant have it both ways. He cant be a bad player for us that we need to get rid of and dislike but other teams value and want to help make a playoff run with.

So you think Rubio helps them win, is a good player, and worth something?

I am pretty sure Rubio's trade value is very low right now and not a PG that Detroit feels is a difference maker. I think Jazz will have to pay to dump his contract or throw him in a deal to make the difference with salary. More likely is that the Jazz hold on to him until he expires or at least until he an expiring contract and maybe worth something. Or he starts to fit in better here and play better.

I think they want a PG but either Rubio is good, worth assests and helps teams win or he isnt and they dont want him. You cant have it both ways. He cant be a bad player for us that we need to get rid of and dislike but other teams value and want to help make a playoff run with.
Like I said, the only way they take Rubio is if the Jazz take Jackson. I really really doubt the Jazz want Jackson.

Cy, seriously, why are you such an unhappy, pain in the ***?

Every single trade I propose has a logic to them. If you don't agree, well tough cookies. Will the other team or the Jazz even bite on the trade? Most times no because there is too much pride involved and trades are more difficult to pull off than the trade machine makes it appear. Every trade I propose is based off of credible sources or straight from a GM, coach, etc. And every trade idea comes as the initial offer. An initial offer is rarely ever the one agreed upon. It's called compromise.

So if you don't like a trade idea, swallow your extremely small sense of pride and just agree with it or disagree with it. Taking shots will not make you any bigger or me upset. I'm going to do what I do which is stay positive and look for solutions.

On to the next idea...
Ok? You post trades, I critique. If you cant handle, don't post trades. Your trades usually blow and very few people actually think they make sense.

Like I said, the only way they take Rubio is if the Jazz take Jackson. I really really doubt the Jazz want Jackson.

Yeah, I also doubt they want to swap Rubio for Jackson. I know he is out know but Rubio is not an upgrade. I know Jackson is out until the all-star break but i doubt they are willing to downgrade their PG just to get a month of a PG. I also doubt, like you said, Jazz want to get a meh PG that has that long of a contract.