What's new

Would you trade ...

There's no way we'd go anywhere close to that. I think the premise of the idea is that Orlando is eager to move off his contract in order to clear the way to re-sign Aaron Gordon. If they're not motivated, then there's no point in even thinking about him.

They really don’t have to clear anything to sign Gordon. They are in great tanking shape. I’d do it in a second if it was just about taking his money on. He’s actually a good value on that deal.

I see no reason for them to trade him unless they got a 1st and then some.

If we could get Fournier for a package built around Hood and an expiring, I would consider it.

I just don't know anything at this point. Until the Mirotic thing shakes down, we really are in the dark. We can't afford to take on Fournier's salary and get Mirotic and keep Rubio and Burks. Hard to see that all happening without some major tax bill for next season.

I’d probably keep Hood, but wouldn’t mind a semi-heavily protected first going out for him. Fournier would make a decent Robin to Spida’s Batman. . . and at about half of what we would’ve paid Hayward for the same role. Maybe the Jazz staff works some magic and he makes a big jump in Utah as a 2nd or 3rd option.

Gobert, Mitchell, Fournier, Jingles, Hood, Exum and maybe Rubio is a solid foundation to build around. Add Mirotic to that too. . .

Fournier is far closer to a Hood than a Hayward (in both role and value), I think.

If we could get Fournier for a package built around Hood and an expiring, I would consider it.

I just don't know anything at this point. Until the Mirotic thing shakes down, we really are in the dark. We can't afford to take on Fournier's salary and get Mirotic and keep Rubio and Burks. Hard to see that all happening without some major tax bill for next season.
Having Fournier and Mirotic would put us at 111.5M next year. Just go out and do your Atlanta trade to clear Burks. That would leave you with a little bit of money to re-sign Exum or let him go out to pasture.

Adding Fournier and Mirotic are huge pieces. In any case, you'd anticipate Hood is getting at least Fournier money. I would view Fournier as a better, more cost-controlled Hood and would actually help our cap situation next year.

I’d probably keep Hood, but wouldn’t mind a semi-heavily protected first going out for him. Fournier would make a decent Robin to Spida’s Batman. . . and at about half of what we would’ve paid Hayward for the same role. Maybe the Jazz staff works some magic and he makes a big jump in Utah as a 2nd or 3rd option.

Gobert, Mitchell, Fournier, Jingles, Hood, Exum and maybe Rubio is a solid foundation to build around. Add Mirotic to that too. . .

Fournier is far closer to a Hood than a Hayward (in both role and value), I think.
They really don’t have to clear anything to sign Gordon. They are in great tanking shape. I’d do it in a second if it was just about taking his money on. He’s actually a good value on that deal.

I see no reason for them to trade him unless they got a 1st and then some.

You might be right. I don't see the need from their salary chart. But there are some reports out there that they'd prefer to be off his contract (though not by just giving him away, of course).

Having Fournier and Mirotic would put us at 111.5M next year. Just go out and do your Atlanta trade to clear Burks. That would leave you with a little bit of money to re-sign Exum or let him go out to pasture.

Adding Fournier and Mirotic are huge pieces. In any case, you'd anticipate Hood is getting at least Fournier money. I would view Fournier as a better, more cost-controlled Hood and would actually help our cap situation next year.
I anticipate Hood gets less than Fournier money.

You might be right. I don't see the need from their salary chart. But there are some reports out there that they'd prefer to be off his contract (though not by just giving him away, of course).

If it was their prior GM I think we could get him for 50 cents on the dollar, but I doubt the current regime there is in a hurry to move him. Have not seen the reports you speak of... not doubting you... just haven't seen them.

I anticipate Hood gets less than Fournier money.

He should, but anything between 15-20 would not shock me. If he gets 20+ I'd be mildly surprised.

Dallas, Indiana, Philly... someone is going to miss their top target and overpay him imo. I'd be very willing to move Hood for a first round pick if I was DL.

In any case, you'd anticipate Hood is getting at least Fournier money. I would view Fournier as a better, more cost-controlled Hood and would actually help our cap situation next year.

If Hood got Fournier money, I think there's at least a plausible argument to be made, though it would have to be based on career stats rather than this year's stats, that Hood is better than Fournier.

I also think it's possible to argue that (aside from injury issues) Hood's problems this year stem from too high usage rates. If we could figure out a way to get his usage rates down--perhaps with Mirotic, in part--he may go back to being a highly valuable sniper as a third on-court option. But with all our low usage guys -- Ingles, Sefolosha, Gobert, Udoh, O'Neale, Neto, Jerebko -- we can't afford that luxury this year. Heck, we can't even get Rubio into the low-usage category where he belongs.

Fournier would be a perfect fit, a very good asset, and cap well spent. Hood + a lottery-protected 2019 pick wouldn't bother me at all.

If it was their prior GM I think we could get him for 50 cents on the dollar, but I doubt the current regime there is in a hurry to move him. Have not seen the reports you speak of... not doubting you... just haven't seen them.
That they've held talks with the Pistons means they're holding talks.

That they've held talks with the Pistons means they're holding talks.

I saw that, but that could be Detroit asking... and it seemed like they wanted to send Jackson back. RJ's contract is borderline toxic.

I saw that, but that could be Detroit asking... and it seemed like they wanted to send Jackson back. RJ's contract is borderline toxic.
That's kinda what I'm saying, and of course Detroit asked. I don't know why that would leak if there was nothing to it despite that Jackson's deal is trash.

That's kinda what I'm saying, and of course Detroit asked. I don't know why that would leak if there was nothing to it despite that Jackson's deal is trash.

i think Evan is gettable for sure... just don't think they are shopping him Niko style.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Fournier is very streaky and I wouldn't give up a 1st for him.

I actually like LoPo’s Atlanta trade if we can’t pick up Mirotic (hell, even if we pick up Mirotic). Both those guys can shoot and if we could clear Burks that’d be awesome.

I actually like LoPo’s Atlanta trade if we can’t pick up Mirotic (hell, even if we pick up Mirotic). Both those guys can shoot and if we could clear Burks that’d be awesome.

Not sure we can get off of AB's money next year without a better asset than a second or two. I am intrigued with an AB for Bazemore swap... if we trade Rodney for a 1st. Don't think we can stay under the tax with Rod, Exum, and adding Baze.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6991077

Here is my idea... I think Phoenix would send a second to Atlanta or us. Hawks get off of the last year of Bazemore... we reduce salary next year and get a decent wing who can function well in a team concept. Phoenix may pass as they are likely tanking again the rest of the year.

Move DM to PG... Lineup of DM, Baze, Ingles, Jerebko (until we get Niko), Rudy or Favs. I like it... think it is taking lemons and making lemonade.