What's new

Would you trade ...

You would probably have to take Teletovic instead of Henson. I don't think the Bucks would be as against as people here are saying. Parker is a huge risk, and he isnt even the greatest fit next to Giannis.

And IDK, I'm 50/50 on it. Parker would be a great pick-up if he could stay healthy, but he was a trash defender before he got two ACL tears and I'd imagine he would still be trash on that end. People here love to hate on Carmello, but Parker is just a poor man's Carmello.

And IDK, I'm 50/50 on it. Parker would be a great pick-up if he could stay healthy, but he was a trash defender before he got two ACL tears and I'd imagine he would still be trash on that end. People here love to hate on Carmello, but Parker is just a poor man's Carmello.
I don’t think his style of play is why people hate on Carmelo...

Honestly, I'm not so sure that this trade is as tilted towards the bucks as it is being made out to be.

JP minus one ACL, and I think that changes things. How absolutely certain do the Jazz have to be that Jabari will be okay, though?

What about Favors and Thabo to Cleveland for Crowder and Frye?
Yes, though I’d actually rather keep Thabo and send Joe Johnson. I know that doesn’t work for salary purposes, though. I’d give up some of my own money to land Crowder and Beverley and change our name to the SLCBAMFers. We’d need to hire on Ron Artest and Bill Laimbeer as toughness development coaches.

It would also be doing good by Favors — allowing him to go start for a team that’s going to the finals and increase his value/exposure.

We could actually send them JJ and Favors (like $24M) and take back only Crowder and Frye if they used their ~$6M Kyrie trade exception. That’d be a hell of a tax bill for them, though.

Would be nice because then we’d have a ~$10M trade exception.

ETA: **** Hayward, ***** Ainge and **** Bartelstein for not giving us a trade exception.

If you're right (and I suspect you have your ear closer to the ground than I do), then yes there's no chance. I had only been seeing that the Bucks have a difficult decision to make with Parker's upcoming RFA.

It is interesting, though I suppose understandable, that the people who say Jabari is the new Jimmer (whose name rightly stands for a wildly overvalued local name), are also turning around and saying we probably don't have the assets we're willing to move to get Jabari.

That kind of contradiction in trade talks is very common around here. You can probably find it every trade thread if you look for it.

A healthy Jabari was going to be better than Carmelo. Still might be.

I think the Jazz are going to throw a max offer sheet at either Jabari or Aaron Gordon and see what happens. We'll see though.

I think we need to make some kind of a trade. I also agree MIL could be our trade partner. They need to add depth and perhaps move some pieces thinking of future SC. Overall I'd not oppose trading for Jabari Parker unless he has a chronic injury. He's the exact type of PF we need next to Gobert both quality and fit-wise.

1. Although basically every team could use a healthy Favors it's known he's leaving this off-season. Why pay now unless you're contending?
2. I hate Henson. He's the softest big in the league and has the narrowest shoulders. Once I caught him checking his fingernails with a painful expression on his face for 10 straight seconds after getting fouled. We don't need players like that.
3. I don't think they would want Hood, he'll only complicate things.

Just do this trade and move along to next year. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yba98acb

Cavs need a center (Favors) and a good stretch 4 (JoeJ is much better than Frye) more than they need Crowder.

We use 2 expirings to get a guy in Crowder who fits better at 4 than Favors. Osman has good potential at SF. This is a trade more about the future (which is promising) than the present (which looks like 7 seed at best).

Sent from my [device_name] using JazzFanz mobile app

Just do this trade and move along to next year. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yba98acb

Cavs need a center (Favors) and a good stretch 4 (JoeJ is much better than Frye) more than they need Crowder.

We use 2 expirings to get a guy in Crowder who fits better at 4 than Favors. Osman has good potential at SF. This is a trade more about the future (which is promising) than the present (which looks like 7 seed at best).

Sent from my [device_name] using JazzFanz mobile app
This is a much better deal for the Jazz than most of what has been thrown around lately. Favors and Joe Jesus get a shot at a ring before they hit free agency and Osman/Crowder give the Jazz some decent assets to build with. Dumping Favors for a late first doesn’t make sense to me, but Crowder is on one of the best contracts in the league and would seem to be a decent fit with the Jazz. I still don’t love the idea of trading Faves, but I could easily support this type of deal.

He has a worse injury history then both Favors and Hood. I'd rather trade Favors for a lesser stretch 4 and hold onto Hood as well. I think we could get someone like Nikola Mirotic for less while keeping extra talent and depth

This is a much better deal for the Jazz than most of what has been thrown around lately. Favors and Joe Jesus get a shot at a ring before they hit free agency and Osman/Crowder give the Jazz some decent assets to build with. Dumping Favors for a late first doesn’t make sense to me, but Crowder is on one of the best contracts in the league and would seem to be a decent fit with the Jazz. I still don’t love the idea of trading Faves, but I could easily support this type of deal.
This. Not interested in trading Favors for a pick.