What's new

Yogi Ferrell signs with Jazz.

It’s interesting. I have a few thoughts and probably @Handlogten's Heros may know more of the nitty-gritty on this, but I wonder with the league just announcing that you could use all 15 players if DL thought we could capitalize on this and Quin could implement the sex machine as part of a massive orgy.

I could be wrong but that’s what this seems to suggest to me.

Did not see that coming. 3rd string pg maybe ? If that, not bad i guess.

Goss contract couldn't get any weirder tho. Was he just some sort of a basketball sparring ?

Either:

- We’re not ducking the tax and we’re adding depth pieces on the cheap.

- There are incentives in contracts that makes it unlikely we hit the tax.

- There’s a Conley move brewing.

Hard to believe the last one, but notice the dearth of reports the FO has put out regarding how much they believe in Conley? What I mean is they haven’t put any spokesmen out to defend his role as a primary guy.

this is not a bad signing at all. Yogi is a solid 3rd stringer. The lineup with Yogi and Mitchell at guard is an interesting look, especially if they plan on doing more Mitchell at PG this yea,r cuz Yogi is kinda more of a really short SG.

He does fall in line with the "lets get more athletes to surround rudy/mitchell with" yogi's strong and fast.

Last edited:
There has to be some sort of move, right? Not sure I want a move right now. Most teams are CUTTING players.

Aren't we trying to duck the tax? Like giving up 4 second round picks in order to save 7mil? Then why are we now spending the money/space on a guy who's not gonna see minutes and really has no use to this roster? lol

Ok here me out and read this tweet from TJ:

All of us have that guy that we think is undervalued and awesome. Hell, there was that parody video of people in a support group who liked NBA players that never broke out. Well maybe this is Ryan Smith’s guy. He’s probably had a reddit thread about him for the past few years. Now that the reigns are his, he makes the move for his guy.

Probably not my first choice as a third string PG or 15th guy...but whatever. It's the 15th guy. I think the more important thing here is that this is just another sign that the Jazz are indeed going to be a tax team.