What's new

2020 Training Camp Thread

tenor.gif
DL has some super advanced metrics that show that we may just be the best team on the planet.

LOL

I’m not even going to entertain the idea that he walks because we better trade him if he doesn’t sign an extension.

We are most definitely a playoff team with Favors starting instead of Rudy plus whatever pieces we got back for him in a trade.

It happened with Hayward. I was much more confident in Hayward resigning than Rudy if he doesn't sign an extension.

DL has some super advanced metrics that show that we may just be the best team on the planet.
Said the Lakers are the only team we had problems with... not a direct quote but pretty close.

It happened with Hayward. I was much more confident in Hayward resigning than Rudy if he doesn't sign an extension.
I think Rudy is much more likely to stay. He doesnt have singular team who it going to make him priority #1 (from what I can tell). He will be the 2nd choice for a lot of teams trying to get a Giannis.

I think Rudy is much more likely to stay. He doesnt have singular team who it going to make him priority #1 (from what I can tell). He will be the 2nd choice for a lot of teams trying to get a Giannis.
I highly doubt that Hayward was Boston’s dream, number-one choice. He made a convenient choice, though, because of the connection with Stevens

Kind of feels like our bid to go big while everyone else looks to the perimeter really means we should have bigs taking shots in the paint.

Problem is no one would argue that Gobert, Favors and Az are exactly prolific shotmakers.

We didn’t get to negotiate an extension with Gordon so I agree. If he won’t do it for what he could get on the market from another team you should look to trade him.

The Brad Stevens connection was a factor. Hayward knew the team would be built around him.
I really dont think it was. He wanted out of SLC and into a big market. I dont think the Stevens/Hayward thing was that big of a deal tbh. Even if Boston wasnt there, I wouldn't be surprised if he chose Miami over Utah.

Signing the best white American wing was definitely Boston's dream number-one choice.
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Jrue Holiday
(Steph Curry, but we knew he wasn’t going anywhere).

The point is that Hayward definitely took advantage of a market that was hot af because of Durant (and a couple of others). Gobert doesn’t need to be on the top of anyone’s list.

We didn’t get to negotiate an extension with Gordon so I agree. If he won’t do it for what he could get on the market from another team you should look to trade him.
Thing is, if you trade him you get pennies. Less pennies as time goes on.

We need to sign him to an extension. If he doesn’t sign, he probably just doesn’t want to play here anymore and we’re screwed either way.

Thing is, if you trade him you get pennies. Less pennies as time goes on.

We need to sign him to an extension. If he doesn’t sign, he probably just doesn’t want to play here anymore and we’re screwed either way.

Rudy probably wants a nice, fat extension from the Jazz. Otherwise, he'd just tell them that he's planning to leave next year--like Paul George, Kawhi and AD did.

I love that Elijah Hughes is wearing 33.

I don't know why he is wearing it - I don't know who he likes. But the fact that #33 is Larry Bird, Kareem, Scottie Pippen, Patrick Ewing and Alonzo Mourning is fantastic.