What's new

2023 NBA Draft “Hot Takes” Thread

We will trade with Charlotte and it will be an offer they cannot refuse. Those guys need so much more than a Brandon Miller can give them. I can see the 9, 16, another pick, maybe Ochai and we take back Hayward. They need to get younger and build sensibly. They get a young wing and some guards, shed some salary, and put a first away for the future (they only have their own firsts going forward.) They don't need or want a lot of vets coming back like Portland does.
Not a fan of that trade. Too much to give away and I never want to see Hayward in a Jazz uniform.

Here is my addition to this thread:

Anthony Black will make A LOT of people look stupid including on here. He will be a consensus top-3 player from this class and people in hindsight will ask how so many teams didn’t see it.

1) there will be more all star appearances from picks 7-11 than picks 2-6.

2) Jazz will only make pick 28, including the other picks in a package to the Hornets for LaMelo Ball, Miles Bridges, and Gordon Hayward.

**** it, lean all the way in: Wemby aside, this draft will also produce the second best player entering the NBA in the first half of this decade, and it will be Jarace Walker. This will be the culmination of steady progression beyond anticipated ceilings in various aspects of the game over several years. Though he will be recognized as potentially very special by the end of his rookie year, he will not be a ROY finalist.

The Jazz will draft Gradey Dick. That way there will be one player that looks like Ainge on the team and will play the most minutes with Will Hardy's clone, Kessler.

Now which player looks like Justin Zanek or David Locke or Ryan Smith or Tony Jones...maybe they will draft them too..?

It is hard imagining the Jazz pass on him if he's there. Physically, he is a clone of Gordon Hayward: height, weight, wingspan, vertical leap, age, bad haircut....
Of course Hayward worked his *** off to become a great player, adding more bulk and dimension to his game every year. That's hard to predict.

Here is my addition to this thread:

Anthony Black will make A LOT of people look stupid including on here. He will be a consensus top-3 player from this class and people in hindsight will ask how so many teams didn’t see it.
You are so high on this kid, if he doesn't go top 3 in this draft you already look stupid. Dude is a joke and so are your takes

It is hard imagining the Jazz pass on him if he's there. Physically, he is a clone of Gordon Hayward: height, weight, wingspan, vertical leap, age, bad haircut....
Of course Hayward worked his *** off to become a great player, adding more bulk and dimension to his game every year. That's hard to predict.
does not have the moxy or the ability to handle nba pressure. I am taking Hawkins over Dick, if I value shooting and off ball spacing over whatever else is still available.
Personally don't see us drafting either at 9

Anthony Black will get drafted by Orlando at 6 ,and be so bad that he will rarely ever see the floor after they realize it, well at least until traded to a tanker needing a loser to drive it

Dariq Whitehead will be a top 8 guy in a redraft and 30 nba fan bases will say it was so obvious he was going to be good and can’t believe he fell to the 20s (or close to it). Whitehead is the Desmond Bane of this draft.