What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

Bilal's expected draft range is 9 - 13. The Jazz taking him at 9 isn't really outside his range. If the Jazz can get #10 from Dallas and take him there, then fine, that works too.
I think its wider than that. I'd say 9-16 at least.

Rupert is a guy I kind of want to rank higher, I think he has some elite traits with his ability to get very low defensively and offensively for a guy with his length. His ballhandling is much better than most prospects that compare to him as well. I see the upside for him to be a bit more than just a defensive ace.

I’m super high on Scoot and would be first in line to mock anyone taking a victory lap and take my L if he becomes just late career Westbrook.
I think he becomes Don without a shot.

Electric at times and tons of “oh my god!” Moments that don’t amount to actually winning at a high level.

He could honestly win ROY, but after 5-7 years when the dust really settles I think he will be seen as empty calories.

Or he becomes and even bigger miss for me than Noah Vonleh, ;)

Rupert is a guy I kind of want to rank higher, I think he has some elite traits with his ability to get very low defensively and offensively for a guy with his length. His ballhandling is much better than most prospects that compare to him as well. I see the upside for him to be a bit more than just a defensive ace.
cy noticing a lot of people are down on rupert. "must start liking rupert more"

Electric at times and tons of “oh my god!” Moments that don’t amount to actually winning at a high level.

He could honestly win ROY, but after 5-7 years when the dust really settles I think he will be seen as empty calories.

Ahh, Noah Vonleh, the Taylor Hendricks of the 2014 NBA draft.

lockstep

No… Bilal’s ceiling is 9. He’s likely to go anywhere from 12-16.

The chance that Bilal is available after 13 is very small. If the Jazz want him, they'll take him at #9, or make a deal to trade up from #16.

And yeah, a player's ceiling does mark the start of his draft range.