What's new

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

I like the Grant Williams acquisition but man Luka gonna get so annoyed with his over communication.

Luka and Grant are friends and share same agent.
Does not mean Grant won’t annoy him… his teammates in Boston are his friends and would often be annoyed. It comes from a good place but I get it… some of my friends are annoying too.

How you know DL is in charge in Dallas... the Thybulle offer sheet had a player option in the 3rd year.

What exactly is his role? Who’s the official “GM” there?
Its Nico Harrison and I think he's like the JZ type role now. But based on a player option (Kyrie and Matisse) you know who is pulling the strings.

Looking at the landscape, Kelly Oubre or Christian Wood are the only two guys that I’d like to see the Jazz use their room exception to go get. Outside of that, I still think they should trade for Danirl Theis today before the Rudy Gobert trade exception expires.

I thought the Collins trade would've become official by now.
I was going to ask this question today when I saw a picture of him sitting by Hardy courtside. It refreshed my memory that I didn’t ever hear if this was finalized.

“Sorry, folks, we can’t say anything about any theoretical deals that aren’t finalized. We can sit courtside together, though .”

My preference is to use the room exception to get one of these 3 on a long term, non guaranteed deal:

Lindy Waters
Dylan Windler
Justice Winslow

Is it? I thought it was today.
It can happen today but might get folded into some other deals to help make some transactions/exceptions. Doubt anything material comes our way as an extra... some cash for Ryan doe.

The Collins trade can be official today but I thought I heard or read somewhere they were planning on doing it tomorrow. Probably because there is a SL game today?

Lindy Waters has played about 1k minutes, a lot of those minutes have got to be during funky circumstances but he was impressive.

36% from 3, but that's on 11 attempts per36. Super high volume. Also a solid rebounder, stocks guy, and reasonably good AST/TOV indicates he can move the ball around as well. He's about to turn 26. Get him in a 3 year, non guaranteed deal.

Lindy Waters has played about 1k minutes, a lot of those minutes have got to be during funky circumstances but he was impressive.

36% from 3, but that's on 11 attempts per36. Super high volume. Also a solid rebounder, stocks guy, and reasonably good AST/TOV indicates he can move the ball around as well. He's about to turn 26. Get him in a 3 year, non guaranteed deal.
My super duper limited eye test has always been solid on him. I don't think he cracks the rotation but I'd take him over Carey for sure.