What's new

76ers releasing Bogut

Golden State supposedly can't get him. https://www.ksl.com/?sid=43280892&nid=294

If we can convince him to come, I think we should trade Favors and picks asap. Favors is primarily playing center for us anyway. There has to be a desperate buyer out there. There are many rumors about teams wanting 1st rounders and we could offer Favors and the GS pick pretty easily.

Golden State supposedly can't get him. https://www.ksl.com/?sid=43280892&nid=294

If we can convince him to come, I think we should trade Favors and picks asap. Favors is primarily playing center for us anyway. There has to be a desperate buyer out there. There are many rumors about teams wanting 1st rounders and we could offer Favors and the GS pick pretty easily.

If the Sixers are releasing him, why would we have to trade Favors and picks for him? Couldn't we just sign Bogut outright and give up nothing?

If the Sixers are releasing him, why would we have to trade Favors and picks for him? Couldn't we just sign Bogut outright and give up nothing?

We wouldn't trade Favors for Bogut.... Good Lord guys.

IF Bogut is getting bought out and wants to come here, we pull the trigger on trading Favors somewhere else. Waiver wire pickup Bogut would be huge for us. With him, we don't need Favors as much as other assets. So trade Favors and picks if you have to in order to improve the team and future.

Make full offer so he doesn't clear waivers. This is a no-brainer. We need rebounding and size. We don't have that off the bench. This also allows us to rest Favors. Literally no reason to not pick him up.

Make full offer so he doesn't clear waivers. This is a no-brainer. We need rebounding and size. We don't have that off the bench. This also allows us to rest Favors. Literally no reason to not pick him up.

This.

+ more nasty.

We wouldn't trade Favors for Bogut.... Good Lord guys.

IF Bogut is getting bought out and wants to come here, we pull the trigger on trading Favors somewhere else. Waiver wire pickup Bogut would be huge for us. With him, we don't need Favors as much as other assets. So trade Favors and picks if you have to in order to improve the team and future.
I still don't follow your logic. You're bascially saying that Bogut is a power forward...he isn't. I wouldn't mind Bogut as our backup center or maybe play PF in situational roles (i.e. against big frontlines like AD-Boogie). If people are complaining that a Favors/Gobert frontline ruins our spacing, does a Gobert/Bogut frontline change that? Saying Bogut = Favors is ridiculous. Comparing both players right now, Favors is far more versatile defensively, has a better offensive game, and he's younger.

Mack to Cleveland --> Cleveland 2nd rounder to Philly --> Bogut to Utah.