What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

I completely agree with everything they said. The Mavs definitely wouldn't be a playoff team without Luka, he's going to miss at least two games or more and when he comes back, he likely won't be close to 100%. I believe the Jazz will win this series in 5 or 6 games, but if they somehow manage to lose it, it's time to blow it all up.

If the Jazz lose this, it will mean that the impact of our $35 million DPOY beast can be largely mitigated by teams that space the floor. There's no argument that the Dallas can match the Jazz talent-wise. Jazz have 5 of the best 7 players in the series if Luka doesn't play. It will mean that mediocre teams can beat the Jazz by playing small and spaced.

I completely agree with everything they said. The Mavs definitely wouldn't be a playoff team without Luka, he's going to miss at least two games or more and when he comes back, he likely won't be close to 100%. I believe the Jazz will win this series in 5 or 6 games, but if they somehow manage to lose it, it's time to blow it all up.
In a world with increasingly rare objective or consensus truths, one seems to be emerging here among national pundits, Jazz media, and Jazz fans about this truth.

And they shouldn't just trade a couple guys, they should nuke the ****er if they lose the series, even if Luka comes back in game 3. There is no way he will be playing in top form.

My hope of course is that the Jazz find the switch right ****ing now and find whatever it is within themselves and the unit to smash Dallas and play like a team deserving of the moment.

Last edited:
In a world with increasingly rare objective or consensus truths, one seems to be emerging here among pundits, Jazz media, and Jazz fans about this truth.

And they shouldn't just trade a couple guys, they should nuke the ****er if they lose the series, even if Luka comes back in game 3. There is no way he will be playing in top form.

My hope of course is that the Jazz find the switch right ****ing now and find whatever it is within themselves and the unit to smash Dallas and play like a team deserving of the moment.
YES!

Without Luka orchestrating the Mavs' offense, I see this being a struggle for them. Brunson and Dinwiddie just aren't as capable running pick-and-rolls.

Maybe the Mavs' defense will make things a struggle for us, but I don't see how they're going to stop both Donovan and Mike from running their stuff, and don't see how they're going to stop Gobert at the rim.

What is with this early start??

I have to continue my tradition that started in the Clipper series of 2017 of downing beer during the jazz playoff games, yelling so loud my neighbors contemplate calling the cops to report a possible domestic dispute.

Looks like I'm getting drunk at 11am like an alcoholic.. Thanks NBA.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app
Leave the beer chugging to the Europeans this time.

What is with this early start??

I have to continue my tradition that started in the Clipper series of 2017 of downing beer during the jazz playoff games, yelling so loud my neighbors contemplate calling the cops to report a possible domestic dispute.

Looks like I'm getting drunk at 11am like an alcoholic.. Thanks NBA.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile app

You are a hero. The hero that we deserve.
Well done. Im proud of you

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app