What's new

Game Thread Apr 21, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 04-21-22

How did Mike Conley look rushing back from a hammie strain?

He's likely ****ed for this year.

He's 9 years younger than Conley. The Suns should still be able to get past the Pelicans without him and then he'll likely be fully recovered by at least game 3 of the second round.

He's 9 years younger than Conley. The Suns should still be able to get past the Pelicans without him and then he'll likely be fully recovered by at least game 3 of the second round.

I doubt that. He will be significantly hobbled if he does return at all.

Conley and Harden were basically ineffective when trying to return last year.

Booker has a history of hamstring problems.

I doubt that. He will be significantly hobbled if he does return at all.

Conley and Harden were basically ineffective when trying to return last year.

Booker has a history of hamstring problems.

He had the same injury on his other hamstring in December and was only out 17 days. He came back and was completely fine, wasn't even on a minute's restriction. It's a grade 1 strain, which is the mildest. He might miss a couple of games in the second round but that's it.

Think G5 in 97 was the biggest heartbreaker for me (tied with g6 in 98). All the Jazz had to do to win that was have Malone box out Kukoc on a missed free throw ...

Game 6 against LAL in 08 sucked too
Game 5 was just a total collapse in a situation where the Bulls did everything to lose that game down the stretch (to be fair, so did Utah).

With 2:25 left, Malone put the Jazz up two at the line (missed one free throw, which Pippen rebounded)

Pippen is then fouled by Horny and misses a free throws (like, c'mon!) and Utah eventually gets the ball back after Ostertag blocks a layup by Longley.

Utah now has the ball, and the lead, with 1:50 left to go in the game. Granted, it's only by one but still.

Then Stockton misses a three. Utah gets the rebound! And Malone misses a shot with one minute left. Chicago rebounds and calls time.

Stockton, with the Jazz up one, fouls Jordan with less than a minute left.

Jordan makes the first to tie it, then misses the second (Jordan missing a clutch free throw like again c'mon!). But Utah can't rebound, Jordan gets his own rebound and hits the dagger three with 25 seconds left.

That's pretty much the game.

Utah had it won but Malone and Stockton couldn't hit the big shots at the end to win it.

That was the difference between the Bulls and the Jazz. Chicago always seemed to come up with what they needed. Utah did only three times: game four in 1997, game one in 1998 and game five in 1998.

Chicago? They got Jordan's buzzer beater in game one in 1997, the Flu Game and then Kerr's shot in game six. As many big, clutch moments in that one series as Utah did in both series combined.

He had the same injury on his other hamstring in December and was only out 17 days. He came back and was completely fine, wasn't even on a minute's restriction. It's a grade 1 strain, which is the mildest. He might miss a couple of games in the second round but that's it.

That could be the series, though, if he's out two games next round. Obviously not the series but if Utah can get out of the first round quickly, and get the next series started, playing the Suns in Phoenix for games one and two without Booker would be phenomenal.

This is a hilarious narrative being pushed by Locke. Since we're not injured this year, the excuse we have for not being able to defend anyone is that "everyone is really good in this league". No ****. But we're the only team who routinely embarrasses themselves in this fashion year after year. Maybe Quin will wake up and realize that Maxi Kleber is a real professional basketball player that can't be left wide open.

View: https://twitter.com/DLocke09/status/1517229532775821312

I dont know how some of you listen to Locke, honestly

I stopped listening to him years ago. I do think he works very hard and is good as his job, but he is literally a Utah Jazz employee so of course he's a big homer. It's funny to check in and see how he's trying to spin things from time to time. When we have injuries, they are to blame and we can't do anything about it. When the other team has injuries, everybody in this league is a pro and is very talented. Hilarious.

I feel like Locke's propaganda machine has increased since Ryan Smith took over. Maybe I'm just imaging it.

One of the best things about trading Don, Rudy, and firing Quin is that we would get some of the truth as to what took place.

I must be out of the loop. Why do we believe he's active here?

Serious? The guy that hasn’t had an original thought since he changed his name isn’t on the hardest of hard core Jazz sites? The site that can generate a discussion about Exum for the next 20years. Even in July. He is on here.

You are now under suspicion, buddy.
The only one exempt is Lopoo. No one in media could be that ****ing dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app