What's new

Better NBA career: Myles Turner or Trey Lyles?

Better NBA career

• Lyles

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Turner

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Turner will make a lot of $$$ but won't prove to be elite in the grand scheme of things, sort of like Brook Lopez. There's at-least 3 bigs better in the 2018 draft IMO - he benefits from a lack of elite C's which will fill out in the coming years.

He's the obvious pick at this point. I wonder what the price is on Lyles though; he's still got a rare skillset and plenty of room for improvement.

Really?! Lyles > Turner?!

Trey hasn't proven a damn thing in the league. Myles Turner is 20 years old and is already putting up legit stats. As of right now Turner is way ahead of the program than Lyles.

There's times where some of you need to take off the homer goggles. Now is the time. But what can you expect from a bunch of people who didn't even think George Hill was a legit player when we traded for him? If last night was the only time you've seen Myles play then you shouldn't vote.

Turner will make a lot of $$$ but won't prove to be elite in the grand scheme of things, sort of like Brook Lopez. There's at-least 3 bigs better in the 2018 draft IMO - he benefits from a lack of elite C's which will fill out in the coming years.

He's the obvious pick at this point. I wonder what the price is on Lyles though; he's still got a rare skillset and plenty of room for improvement.

He's 20 years old, averaging 16/8/2.3 on a 52/41/80 slash. If it wasn't for Embiid, we'd all be gawking at Turner's numbers.

Still too early to really say but if we are just going off of what we have seen so far (which we obviously are since that is all we have to go off) then turner is the obvious choice.

Turner trending upwards, and Lyles not showing anything different from last season.

Part of it is team role too-- maybe Lyles would be scoring at a much higher clip on a lottery team. But we need defence, threes, and passing out of penetration from him. In terms of eye-test I haven't noticed his defence as different, and his shooting hasn't been consistent.

Lyles still has a great set of tools & we ought to be patient. Myles obviously playing a lot better & he only looks to improve over time

I'll say this, Lyles has a superb shot fake. He totally sells it and gets the defender to bite over half the time. Having that is a weapon in this league. Now he needs to maintain at least 35% there or defenders will be told not to contest and his game falls to pieces.

He's 20 years old, averaging 16/8/2.3 on a 52/41/80 slash. If it wasn't for Embiid, we'd all be gawking at Turner's numbers.

i hadn't been paying much attention to Turner, but wow, if that's right. 16 and 8 on those %? that's incredible. PER of 20. there simply is no discussion at this point.

Damn, just looked up Lyles stats this year. 39% from the field, 32% from three, 73% from the line (on only 1 attempt).

Then i looked up trey burkes jazz numbers. Pretty damn similar. Yuck.

Come on lyles! Step it up.

Lyles typically plays much better when he starts. His best games were in relief of Favors. Despite getting minutes this season he hasn't had a lot of good games coming off the bench.

I'll say this, Lyles has a superb shot fake. He totally sells it and gets the defender to bite over half the time. Having that is a weapon in this league. Now he needs to maintain at least 35% there or defenders will be told not to contest and his game falls to pieces.

Lol

Turner's D is overrated with respect to what we saw last season. Jury is still out on both-- can Lyles be a playmaker & not just a shooter?

Yeah, I didnt really see anything from him defensively last night that wowed me. He is tall, long, and pretty agile, but he didnt really seem intimidating.

I kind of feel like Lyles is going to be our next Kanter. We will spend 3.5 years misusing him then he will get traded to a team that doesnt try to make him something he isn't and he will excel.

Turner is performing admirably in an adverse defensive situation in Indi. Having Thaddeus Young next to him especially vs the bash brothers (Favors and Rudy) is far from ideal.

If you're redrafting the league or that draft he should go very high.

His playoff performance was reminiscent of Favors vs the Spurs years back, was blocking like 3.7 shots per game.

I had him underrated, I blame it a bit on prospect fatigue which is something I'm watching for closer these days (not that Turner was on the scene for a long time). For the record I always said I was biased towards Trey Lyles for a number of reasons, I followed his recruitment closely.

I remember people saying Turner was better than Towns (in hs) which I probably always held against him..

Texas has another extremely talented 6'11" shotblocking freshman Jarrett Allen who I've got projected as the 14th pick right now. It's highly unlikely he'll be as good as Turner, and this draft is super highly regarded.

I like Turner, but I don't think he'll be a top 5 center in the league. That's how high the Jazz's standards have to be right now if they're going to compete with the upper echelon teams.

Turner is performing admirably in an adverse defensive situation in Indi. Having Thaddeus Young next to him especially vs the bash brothers (Favors and Rudy) is far from ideal.

If you're redrafting the league or that draft he should go very high.

His playoff performance was reminiscent of Favors vs the Spurs years back, was blocking like 3.7 shots per game.

I had him underrated, I blame it a bit on prospect fatigue which is something I'm watching for closer these days (not that Turner was on the scene for a long time). For the record I always said I was biased towards Trey Lyles for a number of reasons, I followed his recruitment closely.

I remember people saying Turner was better than Towns (in hs) which I probably always held against him..

Texas has another extremely talented 6'11" shotblocking freshman Jarrett Allen who I've got projected as the 14th pick right now. It's highly unlikely he'll be as good as Turner, and this draft is super highly regarded.

Looks like you really screwed the pooch on your Turner eval. He is Myles better than Lyles. Ouch.

Looks like you really screwed the pooch on your Turner eval. He is Myles better than Lyles. Ouch.

It's not like I didn't have him in the lottery or top-10,, I had him over Frank and WCS IIRC. There were Turner fans who liked him more than Porzingis too, obviously not me.

I kind of feel like Lyles is going to be our next Kanter. We will spend 3.5 years misusing him then he will get traded to a team that doesnt try to make him something he isn't and he will excel.

What is he exactly? He's not exactly a great post player, or a great slasher. Kanter was comfortable playing near the basket, and the Jazz tried to make him more of a shooter. But if Lyles can't shoot, then what can he do?

What is he exactly? He's not exactly a great post player, or a great slasher. Kanter was comfortable playing near the basket, and the Jazz tried to make him more of a shooter. But if Lyles can't shoot, then what can he do?

He can be a twenty year old in the NBA, or whatever age he is.

No idea. I feel like its the story of his career. He hasn't played his true position since HS. I'd like to see him operate from the elbow much more.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app