What's new

Better NBA career: Myles Turner or Trey Lyles?

Better NBA career

• Lyles

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Turner

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I remember saying I disliked the pick in a draft thread and people kind of attacking me saying well he was rated so and so in high school so you can ignore the fact that he can't shoot or defend and doesn't really have a set position in the pro's. Well so far I'm not liking what I'm seeing. But yeah, comparing Turner and Lyles, it's not even close. Is it really early in his nba development, yes, but I have my doubts for sure.

Found a article that interestingly enough compared Lyles to Boris Diaw, before we acquired Boris:
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=35243476&nid=304&title=for-trey-lyles-its-all-about-the-little-things

The Jazz also liked his playmaking ability. Upon watching tape, Lindsey said some of the coaches compared his passing ability to that of Spurs forward Boris Diaw.

"A couple of our coaches said, 'Hey, his ability to drive and dish off and play unselfish basketball was very intriguing to us,'" Lindsey said.

Like Diaw, Lyles may not always get credit for an assist, but he's responsible for making the defense change its shape, and then he is great at accurately putting the ball in the best place to take advantage.

Diaw isn't the only championship starting forward Lyles was connected to. Lindsey also drew the comparison from Lyles to Draymond Green in his ability to defensive rebound and immediately lead a fastbreak, taking advantage of the transition opportunity to create cross matches.

About those sorts of plays, Lindsey said, "There's quite a bit of hidden value there."