What's new

Can the Dante Exum Experiment Please End

9 % shooting on 11 shots... Kid needs to go.

I'm also annoyed that Diaw has lost his shot. He's not this bad career wise. At least Diaw adds some offensive reflexivity.

Lyles can't shoot. I'd rather watch Favors play the stretch four at this point. I'm sure he can knock down 3 pointers at 25%.

Why you getting down on Exum again?

If you didn't realise the jazz lost by 7 to the best team in the league without pretty much there starting 5.

Exum although didn't shoot well (this happens to everyone at some stage), played excellent defence and in 37 minutes was 0 in the +- column.

I'm not really sure what your expecting from a raw 21 year old coming off a ACL injury.

When are we going to stop making excuses for his piss poor shooting? What was he doing between HS and the draft, banging koalas? That was an ENTIRE YEARto work on his shot. And he had another 6 months or so of rehab with no contact, but still the ability to do nothing but shoot. I can see other parts of his game lag, but there's no excuse for his shooting to be so poor.

When are we going to stop making excuses for his piss poor shooting? What was he doing between HS and the draft, banging koalas? That was an ENTIRE YEARto work on his shot. And he had another 6 months or so of rehab with no contact, but still the ability to do nothing but shoot. I can see other parts of his game lag, but there's no excuse for his shooting to be so poor.

He spent a lot of time working on his shot last year while he was injured. You can tell his mechanics actually look better, but his results are worse. At this point It doesn't seem like he has any confidence in his new shot. It's one thing to shoot in an empty gym and another to shoot over NBA players.

I think the D-League could be good for Exum. I watched the majority of Gobert's time in the D-League. Although Gobert hated the D-League it was good for him. He learned how to dominate games, and gained a lot of confidence. I think Exum could do the same.

The Jazz have made it very clear they want no part of Exum in the Dleague. Those guys are good at basketball, experienced, physically strong, and they are hungry- he goes down there and stinks it up without good teammates to bail him out, it could kill his confidence.

He's not going dleague.

The Jazz have made it very clear they want no part of Exum in the Dleague. Those guys are good at basketball, experienced, physically strong, and they are hungry- he goes down there and stinks it up without good teammates to bail him out, it could kill his confidence.

He's not going dleague.

I'm not familiar with what you are referring to. Locke recently mentioned that it would be a good idea. If he can't use the d league to motivate him, he might not have the attitude to be the player we hope he can be.

I'm not familiar with what you are referring to. Locke recently mentioned that it would be a good idea. If he can't use the d league to motivate him, he might not have the attitude to be the player we hope he can be.
What am i referring to? The first half of his rookie year and this November. If they had any intention of sending him, he would have already gone.

We'll see, but I'd bet the farm it won't happen.

You might be right, but I just hope when hill comes back they find enough positive opportunities for him to develop. I do think there are some parallels with Jabari's injury and timing, but the Bucks had the luxury of playing him through his struggles despite the results.

I'd be fine with Dante going down to the Stars for a stint, but they need to send Bolomboy down at the same time. Jazz should continuously rotate guys down there when they need minutes and/or a confidence boost. Neto should spend some time there also. Better to get these young guys some playing time instead of having them waste their whole year on the end of the bench.

He's not going dleague.

I've watched some D-League when they did that all games streamed on youtube for free(Do they still do that?). D-League players do not play defense. Every outdoor pickup game in a white neighbourhood officiated by soccer moms is more competitive defensively.
Exum would just get his 20 shots, score 30 and the final score is 150-150. D-League style.

He spent a lot of time working on his shot last year while he was injured. You can tell his mechanics actually look better, but his results are worse. At this point It doesn't seem like he has any confidence in his new shot. It's one thing to shoot in an empty gym and another to shoot over NBA players.

So you're saying he needs more reps?

D League is risky for Exum, mostly for confidence but it may be worth a shot. The hardest part of this whole situation is we need to be patient since he was super raw before his injury and then a year off from full contact basketball is a killer. Hate to say it this year is going to be getting him back use to playing NBA basketball, not so much trying to see what his potential is

What are the rules on dleague assignments? A player has to be no more than 3 years in with an nba team?

I lol at yall of you when you called this kid a superstar when yall drafted him. When or when will you clowns realize THAT I know more about hoops then any of you?

You don't jack **** about the English language though. There was absolutely zero reason that makes sense to put the word "THAT" in all caps, you ****ing skell.

Dante could use a stint in the D just to get timing and confidence back. Right now it looks like he is really pressing and scared again. No more free throws in quite some time, even though he is taking it into the lane. Just seeing the ball go in the hoop several times would help at this point.

im surprised how bad he did considering that he hes much taller than curry...idk how curry just shut him down that hard.