What's new

Carmelo Anthony removes no trade clause to Cavs

This trade might get done if it is Favors, Hood and Diaw. Burks will have to be dumped later. NY would be very interested in Favors and Hood. We also dont really need Favors if we have Love. We also just signed our starting SG to a 13 million a year deal and just drafted our backup/future SG in Mitchell. This also cleans up a little playing time for Burks to showcase himself to the league or maybe show he can still be a 6th man scoring machine for the Jazz that people hoped for.

This trade is dependent on Lebron demanding it.

Jazz also might have to kick a future 1st to Cleveland.

This also gives NY a chance to make the playoffs if Favors and Hood are healthy. Maybe then NY signs Hill. Hill, Lee, Hood, Favors, Porzingis is definitely a playoff team in the East if somewhat healthy.

I dont see how Favors and Porzingis play together.

NY needs a PG. If Exum can develop, he and Porzingis would be something to build upon.

NY needs a PG. If Exum can develop, he and Porzingis would be something to build upon.
Porzingas is pretty stretchy though right? And favs has a bit of range too.

Jazz would need to offer Cleveland something in the trade.

NY is the team in a bind. If they got Favors, that would be good for them. Jazz could also sign and trade Hill to NY.

Jazz would need to send a player along with Diaw's contract to Cleveland to help compensate them for Love.

Not sure if the trade brings in PHX that sends Bledsoe to Cleveland.

Favs and Zinger is a fantastic fit. Favs can go back to pick and roll rim running and help him on the boards and on defense.

It is kind of an ideal fit tbh.

You aren't serious right? Favors is a more power player with a decent mid-range game. Porz is an elite stretch 5. They complement each other VERY well. That would be a scary pairing if Favors got healthy again and recovered his former defensive prowess. Wow.

Jazz would need to offer Cleveland something in the trade.

NY is the team in a bind. If they got Favors, that would be good for them. Jazz could also sign and trade Hill to NY.

Jazz would need to send a player along with Diaw's contract to Cleveland to help compensate them for Love.

Not sure if the trade brings in PHX that sends Bledsoe to Cleveland.

This is the best I could come up with that might work well for all the teams:

Utah Jazz get:
Love
Shumpert
NY Knicks get:
Favors
Burks
Cleveland gets:
Carmelo
Diaw

Jazz get Love and take back the salary Cleveland has been trying to dump.
Cleveland gets Carmelo and clears salary cap space
NY gets to lose Carmelo and takes back two risks but that are young. A healthy Burks and Favors could be huge for them. But if not they lose Favors after that and Burks is cheap.
I am guessing some arrangement of picks get moved as well.

You aren't serious right? Favors is a more power player with a decent mid-range game. Porz is an elite stretch 5. They complement each other VERY well. That would be a scary pairing if Favors got healthy again and recovered his former defensive prowess. Wow.

Yea it's probably not as horrible pairing as I'm saying. But I think it's a bad fit because when you have a sretch big guy you need good passing. Favors is a horrible passer.

Okur and Boozer worked well because Boozer was a great passer.

The potential for him recovering to his 2014/15 form is a big reason that I'd be reluctant to trade him - even if the Jazz somehow managed to finagle Love in a deal. Jazz have to do something different to compete. Stacking the frontcourt could be a way to do that.

Here is the problem with all these Exum trades.

Either he has big potential and then we should hold on to him unless we get an amazing offer. Or he is a bust and not worth much in trade. People here want to think he sucks but can net a big trade back. I think he has big potential but his trade value is somewhat low since he has not done much.

Our best trade assets(that we would trade) in Order are: Diaw's non guaranteed contract, Hood, Favors and then Exum. Maybe Hood is slightly higher than Diaw but it depends on the team.

Either he has big potential and then we should hold on to him unless we get an amazing offer. Or he is a bust and not worth much in trade. People here want to think he sucks but can net a big trade back. I think he has big potential but his trade value is somewhat low since he has not done much.

Our best trade assets(that we would trade) in Order are: Diaw's non guaranteed contract, Hood, Favors and then Exum. Maybe Hood is slightly higher than Diaw but it depends on the team.

I agree, but you if you move him and get Love the Jazz are a legit contender. You have to make that trade.

They shouldn't just dump Exum for a role player.

Nevermind.

I'd trade Exum and draft picks if they could get Kevin Live back in the deal. Prefer to keep Favors and Hood, and I wouldn't be desperate enough to make a deal that I'd budge from that position.

Yeah, I think Cleveland says hell no.

Cleveland is so *** deep in the repeater tax, that extra 4 million from Melo probably equals paying 10 extra million in LT. So paying 14 million more for a worse player.
Cle should say hell no. Carmelo is terrible and getting worse with age.

Jazz should know how good he is and have an idea about his potential going forward.
If he currently sucks and they don't think he will ever reach his potential then they should trade him. Other teams know nothing about him and might still think he could be special.

If he stinks it up in SL then he might become harder to trade though.

I agree, but you if you move him and get Love the Jazz are a legit contender. You have to make that trade.

They shouldn't just dump Exum for a role player.

I would be sad to see Exum go but if that was the key to getting Love I would reluctantly do it but I think NY would prefer Hood and even Favors. They might even prefer Burks. Either way they are not really the team that can be picky in this trade. I would much rather give them Favors and Burks. I think that makes the most sense for everyone.

Plus Cleveland needs a reason to include a third team, otherwise they just trade Love for Carmelo straight up. NY can keep Love or trade him for a decent package later, more than Carmelo obviously could net them. The key is Cleveland getting a dumpable salary in Diaw.

Utah Jazz get
Love
Barton

Denver Nuggets get
Shumpert
(possibly some 2nd round picks)

New York Knicks get
Faried
Burks
Exum

Cleveland Cavs get
Anthony
Utah 2018 1st round pick (top 20 protected)

I would much rather give up Favors than Exum if we pick up a starting PF in his spot. Favors is gone for nothing if we keep him in that scenario.

Besides that trade would not work Jazz would have to send out more salary to take back Love than just Exum and Burks.