What's new

Carmelo Anthony removes no trade clause to Cavs

I disagree. If one of your big is a stretch the other needs to be a passer. Favors might be the worst passing big in the league.

He consistently made a solid pass to the corner three out of the pick and roll in 2015. I would not call him one of the worst passing bigs in the NBA. I also do not think that is a requirement. You need a physical guy that can bang around and play some post if you have a finesse big. Favors can play around the key pretty well.

This all assuming he is healthy though which is a risk. Which player do you think is a better fit with Porz over Favors that attainable or the same age and level of player?

Jazz should know how good he is and have an idea about his potential going forward.
If he currently sucks and they don't think he will ever reach his potential then they should trade him. Other teams know nothing about him and might still think he could be special.

If he stinks it up in SL then he might become harder to trade though.

I think they do and that is why they wont trade him unless it was a really good deal and he was necessary to get the deal done.

Wasnt Denver rumored to be after him. I kind of hope Denver gets him without giving up one of their PFs. Love, Millsap, Lyles, Lydon, Faried, Hernagomez, Chandler, Arthur, Morris and maybe they bring back Gallinari. That is their 10 man rotation roster.

He consistently made a solid pass to the corner three out of the pick and roll in 2015. I would not call him one of the worst passing bigs in the NBA. I also do not think that is a requirement. You need a physical guy that can bang around and play some post if you have a finesse big. Favors can play around the key pretty well.

This all assuming he is healthy though which is a risk. Which player do you think is a better fit with Porz over Favors that attainable or the same age and level of player?

Aldrige, Monroe, Parker, Ibaka, Millsap.

The only forward as bad at passing as Favors is Andre Drummond.

Let's say the Jazz decided to go after Love. . . and kick Favors, Burks and draft picks into the equation. . .

One MAJOR benefit is that the Jazz can guarantee that their starting 5 are together for at least two years.

Rubio - 2
Hood - RFA
Hayward - 3-5
Love - 2
Gobert - 4

JJ would be the only big unrestricted free agent, while Neto, Exum and Hood would all be restricted free agents. Something nice about a little continuity.

Aldrige, Monroe, Parker, Ibaka, Millsap.

The only forward as bad at passing as Favors is Andre Drummond.

Fair enough. Assuming Favors is healthy I think he is a better fit than all of those except Millsap. Assuming Millsap doesnt go downhill this year at 33.

I was pretty "meh" about going after Love when I thought Hill was going to return as PG. With Rubio, though, I think better shooting at the 4 is very important, and Love is a great fit. Don't know if any of these proposed trades are good enough to get him here, though.

I was pretty "meh" about going after Love when I thought Hill was going to return as PG. With Rubio, though, I think better shooting at the 4 is very important, and Love is a great fit. Don't know if any of these proposed trades are good enough to get him here, though.

I think some might be but I also think any combination of players that it takes to get it done we should go for. Diaw, Burks, Hood, Favors, Exum, Mitchell plus picks should be offered, in that order of willingness to trade. I guess any player not named Gobert and I guess Rubio should be on the table.

I think there is merit to the idea of the Jazz facilitating Love and Melo. If Cleveland isn't going to cater to LBJ because they think he's leaving, they might as well trade him (which they shouldn't and won't).

The bigger questions to me are:
-can they pull this off before tonight?
-since the above is very unlikely, you base your decision to pursue it entirely on if Hayward is coming back or not (to me, anyway, but I also want to push the reset button if Hayward bolts).
-what would other teams be willing to offer in such a facilitation?

It 100% hinges on Lebron saying we need to switch out Love for Melo... I think the spare parts we provide would actually match up well for all involved.

I'd want Favs and Burks in the deal to NY... may have to send Exum somewhere to get some draft asset for Cleveland. There is some structure there for a deal...

I think there is merit to the idea of the Jazz facilitating Love and Melo. If Cleveland isn't going to cater to LBJ because they think he's leaving, they might as well trade him (which they shouldn't and won't).

The bigger questions to me are:
-can they pull this off before tonight?
-since the above is very unlikely, you base your decision to pursue it entirely on if Hayward is coming back or not (to me, anyway, but I also want to push the reset button in Hayward bolts).
-what would other teams be willing to offer in such a facilitation?

The Cavs dont even have a GM. I find it hard to believe getting a big deal done like this is possible.

I think some might be but I also think any combination of players that it takes to get it done we should go for. Diaw, Burks, Hood, Favors, Exum, Mitchell plus picks should be offered, in that order of willingness to trade. I guess any player not named Gobert and I guess Rubio should be on the table.
I'm not sure what kind of deal it would take (especially considering what PG13 and Jimmy Butler were traded for) but I'd have a hard time parting with Hood, Exum or Mitchell. I'd rather kick in draft picks as assets and figure the best ways to match contracts instead.

It 100% hinges on Lebron saying we need to switch out Love for Melo... I think the spare parts we provide would actually match up well for all involved.

I'd want Favs and Burks in the deal to NY... may have to send Exum somewhere to get some draft asset for Cleveland. There is some structure there for a deal...

Lebron said they needed to keep David Griffin and they fired him.

Lebron said they needed to keep David Griffin and they fired him.

And it sounds like he is not recruiting free agents too... they may be both prepping for a breakup next years.

I just was saying I don't see the motivation for Cleveland to send Love for Carmelo... unless they listen to his bro. I think I'd much rather have Love and there is literally no market for Melo.

Do you think the average big man is Marc Gasol?

Nope, he's a Tier 1 passer for a big man.

Tier 1: 3-4 assists

Tier 2: around 2-3 assists

Tier 3: around .5-2 assists

Favors is a Tier 3. He's at the bottom.

But the fact that you need stats is ridiculous. The naked eye should be enough to know that Favors is a horrible passer.