What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

Tank Recipe:

- Keep Gobert out a few more weeks... bring him back after AS break.
- Sit Joe Ingles a few games... he's tired needs some rest.
- Trade Favs for draft assets and either crappy players or guys that won't play.
- More Ricky... so much more Ricky.
- Give Hood the ultimate green light... either he gets out of his funk or continues to struggle and drives his next contract value down. Either way I'm okay and we will fix him next year.
- So much AB... all the AB.
- Replace Ekpe for Tony Bradley in the rotation. Need to see what we have (and lose so much).

Target 6th-7th place in the tank race. Get there and pray for luck (just once).

I agree with all of this, but I don't think we need to get that low. We need to lose every game between now and the ASB. Then, we can get Dante and Rudy back, and play for momentum headed into next year. Get the 10th pick, try to trade up if there's somebody in the 5-7 range that we REALLY like, ideally a stretch 4.

I think you try to keep AB/Ricky because they're expiring next season, and would have the potential to be flipped into better assets. Hypothetically, let's say LeBron leaves Cleveland. You then target Kevin Love with those two, plus a draft pick or two. The Jazz are then VERY nicely set up for the future.

Get the 10th pick, try to trade up if there's somebody in the 5-7 range that we REALLY like, ideally a stretch 4.

Why no go full tank? Trading up might be too costly in a top heavy draft, requiring our first plus another good asset (a 1st , young prospect) or taking back a bad contract

Tank Recipe:

- Keep Gobert out a few more weeks... bring him back after AS break.
- Sit Joe Ingles a few games... he's tired needs some rest.
- Trade Favs for draft assets and either crappy players or guys that won't play.
- More Ricky... so much more Ricky.
- Give Hood the ultimate green light... either he gets out of his funk or continues to struggle and drives his next contract value down. Either way I'm okay and we will fix him next year.
- So much AB... all the AB.
- Replace Ekpe for Tony Bradley in the rotation. Need to see what we have (and lose so much).

Target 6th-7th place in the tank race. Get there and pray for luck (just once).

Brilliant. I heart this.

lol sitting joe is not a good idea.

hes been awful. Hes actually near the top with rubio in tank rank.

pz_des11.jpg

I couldn’t get the job done but we knew Kings not gonna beat us and it is great leaving an opposing teams arena after pounding them. Completely satisfied and happy.

We had no chance at losing last night. The Kings are atrocious. Burn in basketball hell Hill! muahahahaha...actually, feel a little bit bad for him and some of their veterans, no one deserves to end their career in Sacramento.

We had no chance at losing last night. The Kings are atrocious. Burn in basketball hell Hill! muahahahaha...actually, feel a little bit bad for him and some of their veterans, no one deserves to end their career in Sacramento.

G.Hill definitely does.
Zbo had to finish somewhere.
Vince Carter deserves MUCH better!

G.Hill definitely does.
Zbo had to finish somewhere.
Vince Carter deserves MUCH better!

Yeah, I expected Zbo to finish his career in Memphis or somewhere less dysfunctional. Same goes for Carter. Hill is still relatively young and his contract is tradable (3rd year partially guaranteed) so I expect him to land somewhere better. Sac is such a dump, long gone are the days of Peja, CWebb, Divac, Bibby. Their fans were nuts back in the day, such a great atmosphere

lmfao at the Hill hate

No hate here, he was good for us when healthy. Great fit in our system, apparently he was a good guy too. He made the wrong decision by declining our extension offer. Bad for him, good for us.

What I'm curious about if I we will ever know what happened behind closed doors. We know he didn't get along with Rudy. Also, I think it was Andy Larsen who mentioned in his last podcast that some players in the locker room believed Hill's injuries had something to do with his contract negotiations going down and that some bridges were burned with the front office. Anyway, basketball drama is fun.

No hate here, he was good for us when healthy. Great fit in our system, apparently he was a good guy too. He made the wrong decision by declining our extension offer. Bad for him, good for us.

What I'm curious about if I we will ever know what happened behind closed doors. We know he didn't get along with Rudy. Also, I think it was Andy Larsen who mentioned in his last podcast that some players in the locker room believed Hill's injuries had something to do with his contract negotiations going down and that some bridges were burned with the front office. Anyway, basketball drama is fun.

I was mainly referring to the comments that Hill deserved to finish his career in Sactown and to burn in BB hell.

Makes no sense to me. When healthy he balled out for us and toed the company line. Was never a problem. Then, in the offseason he got bad business advice from the experts he pays to give him that advice. So he listened and it went south. Since then he has only spoken very positively of Utah and the Jazz. It's not like he pulled a Kanter or a Burke and burned bridges.

Hill is a good dude.

Wasn't really aimed at you.