What's new

Central tank command : the official thread

Losing culture is a myth. Guys aren't going to forget to win because we lost some this year.
If you knew anything about Melbourne FC you would have a differnt opinion.

But I agree that a year where nothing went right wont hurt the players. Its the systematic losing over years but in NBA you lose with scrubs who are moved when its time to win again. The players you win with werent exposed to the losing.

But I agree that a year where nothing went right wont hurt the players. Its the systematic losing over years but in NBA you lose with scrubs who are moved when its time to win again. The players you win with werent exposed to the losing.
The one with Harry Kewell?

Losing culture is a myth. Guys aren't going to forget to win because we lost some this year.
The one with Harry Kewell?
Nah, different sport. AFL.

Long story short, they tanked a couple of times, totally destroyed any culture they had and mentally destroyed 90% of the players of the list. Took an alltime great coach to come in and spend 3-4 yrs repairing the damage. The job almost broke him, it took 7-8 years to recover.

I just hit simulate lottery and this is what I got, first try.

tankathon.com

Utah

18-27 .400 5.0 Lost 1 3-7 3.9% 1.1%

Memphis

16-28 .364 3.5 Won 3 6-4 21.3% 6.3%

Dallas

15-30 .333 2.0 Lost 2 5-5 37.5% 11.9%

It would be negligent to start winning now. Its unfortunate how things played out this year but you need to make the most of a bad situation. That is a top 5 pick!
It's just silly to believe Jazz can get a top-5 pick. Assume Hood, Favors and Rubio get traded for future picks. That still leaves Gobert, Mitchell and Ingles as starters. Add in Jerebko at PF and let's say O'Neale as the off-guard. That's a better starting 5 than the other "tanking" teams.

Can we agree Atlanta, Orlando and Sacramento, all at 13 wins are out of reach? Dallas only has 15 wins and will be in fire sale mode. I'd put them in the "safe" category too.

So to get to #5, Jazz have to catch:
1. Lakers, Memphis (3 games up in win column)
2. Brooklyn, Phoenix (2 games up in win column)
3. Chicago and Charlotte (1 game up).

You don't think those teams are going to tank, too? Of all those teams, I'd say only Chicago might play better, but a trade of Mirotic might change that. Charlotte has given up, as evidenced by Kemba being put on the market. The other 4 teams just aren't that good. I think expecting Utah to be get a pick higher than about 8 (and more likely 9-11) is just wishful fantasizing.

So to get to #5, Jazz have to catch:
1. Lakers, Memphis (3 games up in win column)
2. Brooklyn, Phoenix (2 games up in win column)
3. Chicago and Charlotte (1 game up).

You don't think those teams are going to tank, too? Of all those teams, I'd say only Chicago might play better, but a trade of Mirotic might change that. .

Lakers and Brooklyn won't be tanking for sure, because neither team has their pick, regardless. Memphis could get healthy and win some games. Utah probably isn't going to be much higher than 10 if the roster stays the same, but DL could shock everybody and trade Favors/Hood for a good pick and a bad contract/s.

Lakers and Brooklyn won't be tanking for sure, because neither team has their pick, regardless. Memphis could get healthy and win some games. Utah probably isn't going to be much higher than 10 if the roster stays the same, but DL could shock everybody and trade Favors/Hood for a good pick and a bad contract/s.
Chicago is playing really well too

Andy Larsen reported that there was indeed a falling out between Hill and the Jazz FO.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

They could have a falling back in too... I mean sometimes I argue and fight with my wife but we don’t get divorced... I just sleep on the couch then we make nice again.

Hill and DL just need to sleep in the couch then go see that movie DL has wanted to see for a few weeks now.

So Mitchell and Gobert aren't the ones we would win with?

Hawks game will be important... obviously expected win but they play hard and we suck in the road.

I bet there was a falling out with Hill, it was due to Jazz FO making a legit offer and his dumb agent telling him to turn it down. He then gets turf toe.

He probably wanted that same or similar offer and didn't receive it at season's end. I'd imagine there were some animosity - Hill shouldn't have taken bad advice and is sore about it.

I am afraid the tank hangs in the balance tonight.

Atlanta is a bad team with only 13 wins, the Jazz should beat them...even on the road.

But a Jazz win would make it 3 out of the last 4, with Rudy coming back, and the Jazz "Just" 4 games out of the last playoff spot. A win might convince Lindsey and company to grab a couple of players at the trade deadline just to make a push for playoffs.

I hope the Jazz lose, and I hope Derrick Drops 40 on the hawks tonight ...just so they are convinced to send the Jazz that Minnesota pick to get him now.

I am afraid the tank hangs in the balance tonight.

Atlanta is a bad team with only 13 wins, the Jazz should beat them...even on the road.

But a Jazz win would make it 3 out of the last 4, with Rudy coming back, and the Jazz "Just" 4 games out of the last playoff spot. A win might convince Lindsey and company to grab a couple of players at the trade deadline just to make a push for playoffs.

I hope the Jazz lose, and I hope Derrick Drops 40 on the hawks tonight ...just so they are convinced to send the Jazz that Minnesota pick to get him now.

I hope the jazz win, then we immediately snag mirotic with favors and a 2nd round pick or two, trade hood for a mid first round pick, trade Rubio for whatever, X comes back sooner than expected...... jazz go on a big winning streak with a rotation of Mitchell, ingles, Burks, X, gobert, udoh, JJ, jerebko, and mirotic. Make the playoff and matchup with the rockets and beat them like we always do.

Then pick up a starter with the pick from the hood trade, and get a rotation player with our own pick (or package both picks to move up and get into the late lottery and draft another gem like last year).

Next season get home court advantage and then keep gettting better each year after that and let our big 3 take us to a title.

Wtf man? Talk about a tangent. I dont even know what youre talking about.
Tangent? Seems 100% direct to me. You said, "The players you win with weren't exposed to the losing." If we are going to tank this year then wouldn't Mitchell and Gobert be exposed to the losing? Or are you saying that we would eventually win with someone other than them?