3. Evan Turner
4. DeMarcus Cousins
5. Gordon Hayward
6. Dominique Jones
7. Derrick Favors
8. Ekpe Udoh
9. James Anderson
10. Damion James

When Ike Okoye of Boise State went head to head with Babitt, Okoye had 32 points and 14 boards. Babitt had 27 points 4 boards. Is Okoye a first round draft pick? No. So what does that make Babbitt?

How did Okoye play the rest of the time? Guys can have a great game but it doesn't mean they are NBA prospects? This is Carlos Arroyo or Patrick Millls thinking.. I schooled the USA players so I must be better than them. I am sure there are plenty of examples where future NBA players get out played in college by some guy and you never hear about the guy again.

I know nothing about Babitt but the guy looks pretty good in his highlights. Yea highligths mean squat but if he is the BPA then you have to take him. Perhaps the Jazz think they need to fill the SF spot because they are working on a trade to sell some of their assets to get veteran taller players.

Here are Thorpe's 10 instant impact players:
1. John Wall
2. Patrick Patterson
3. Evan Turner
4. DeMarcus Cousins
5. Gordon Hayward
6. Dominique Jones
7. Derrick Favors
8. Ekpe Udoh
9. James Anderson
10. Damion James

I disagree with this list. Patterson has to get in the right situation. He struggled this past year because he wasn't the main option on Kentucky. James Anderson really has struggled during these workouts. I think Favors will be really good especially if he goes to NJ because he will start immediately and the Nets need some scoring and with Lopez Favors will not be getting doubled teamed.

I don't see what Babbitt could have done any better as a player. A lights out shooter averaging 22 and 9 from the SF position. Hollow stats you say he doesn't play defense? Sorry a little thing called net +/- begs to differ which puts him atop the entire draft class at +22 per game. The Harpring comparisons are a little amusing, because Matthews and Miles will never be close to as good as Harpring was in his prime.

I would think if Jazz are serious about Babbitt it could mean a couple things. Jazz could trade down 2 #1s for the #9 and still get Babbitt plus pick up another prospect. Could also mean Jazz have a trade for AK set up for another piece. Babbitt fills AK spot and Jazz get a couple more pieces.

I disagree with this list. Patterson has to get in the right situation. He struggled this past year because he wasn't the main option on Kentucky. James Anderson really has struggled during these workouts. I think Favors will be really good especially if he goes to NJ because he will start immediately and the Nets need some scoring and with Lopez Favors will not be getting doubled teamed.

I concur. Thorpe doesn't know what he's talking about.

Regarding Babbit. I hope it's just a smokescreen. I'd rather have Aldrich. Rather have a mediocre guy who is almost 7 feet tall than Babbit.

The worse case scenerio IMO for Cousins is Kendrich Perkins.

Best case? Perhaps a less athletic version of Amare? What do you guys think?

Bad comparisons.

Best case: Moses Malone
Worst case: DOA

What do you guys think it would take to move up to #5?

#9 and???

Cousins in my opinion is a slightly more talent Eddie Curry.

Babbit reminds me of Mike Dunleavy but a better athlete and finisher but not as good passer.

God, some yall make the stupidest comparissons. The only thing Eddy Curry and Cousins have in common is weight issues. Cousins is a HIGHLY SKILLED big man, Curry was a NO SKILL big man.

Patterson reminds me of a much more skilled Paul Millsap. It's too bad that we already have an undersized PF.

Patterson reminds me of a much more skilled Paul Millsap. It's too bad that we already have an undersized PF.

No, Patterson isnt half the rebounder, and they have different offensive games. They are both small PF's, thats the extent of the comparison. Actually Patterson measure at 6'9.5 with shoes on, so I wouldnt even say he is undersized, he is an average sized PF.

I swear, half of the comparisons yall make are soley based on their size, and not their actual skill sets or types of game.

God, some yall make the stupidest comparissons. The only thing Eddy Curry and Cousins have in common is weight issues. Cousins is a HIGHLY SKILLED big man, Curry was a NO SKILL big man.

16 pts, 54% FGs and 6 rebs per game at age 22.
20 pts, 58% FGs and 7 rebs per game at age 24. Pretty damn good for a guy with no skills.

The Jazz need a player who can create a mismatch. They need a player who can score the ball without D. Will having to put everything on a silver platter. Someone has to anchor the offense. If Boozer doesn't come back, you still have to expect the Jazz to draft a PF.

The Jazz need a player who can create a mismatch. They need a player who can score the ball without D. Will having to put everything on a silver platter. Someone has to anchor the offense. If Boozer doesn't come back, you still have to expect the Jazz to draft a PF.

This is another issue we have in addition to size inside and wing length. We desperately need someone other than D-will who can create. Many teams have shown this in these playoffs:

Suns had Nash, Barbosa, and young Nash...
Boston has 3 guys, Ray, Paul, and Rondo.
LA has Fisher, Kobe, Lamar, and Pau (his passing is amazing)

And I'm too lazy to write the rest.

16 pts, 54% FGs and 6 rebs per game at age 22.
20 pts, 58% FGs and 7 rebs per game at age 24. Pretty damn good for a guy with no skills.

I will admit I just got owned, I thought Curry was a complete and utter bust, I guess he just got injured(?) and then gained a ton of weight, now he sucks.

I didn't read all of the posts.

A couple of thoughts on this mock.

The Jazz need size more than anything. Why is finding a replacement for Korver more critical than finding a replacement for Boozer? This selection seems to suggest that is what the Jazz are thinking.

If they are interested in drafting Babbit, shouldn't they just resign Korver? I mean does Babbit make the Jazz a better team than Korver? I don't see how.

The thing I don't understand is under KOC, the Jazz have drafted 5 swing players in the first round in the last 10 years - Stevenson, Snyder, Pavlovich, Brewer and Almond. Why do we need to go down this road again? What is KOC's love fest with swing players?

While I think Cousins is a bit of a headcase, he would give the Jazz a presence that they definitely need. Although there are 4 or 5 other big men I would pick ahead of him.

The problem with Cousins aside from the potential headcase is that he won't be available when we pick at 9. If we're going to trade up, we should go for Favors.

Favors is a lock at #2 or #3. Nets will not trade him away if he is there at #3.

I didn't read all of the posts.

A couple of thoughts on this mock.

The Jazz need size more than anything. Why is finding a replacement for Korver more critical than finding a replacement for Boozer? This selection seems to suggest that is what the Jazz are thinking.

If they are interested in drafting Babbit, shouldn't they just resign Korver? I mean does Babbit make the Jazz a better team than Korver? I don't see how.

The thing I don't understand is under KOC, the Jazz have drafted 5 swing players in the first round in the last 10 years - Stevenson, Snyder, Pavlovich, Brewer and Almond. Why do we need to go down this road again? What is KOC's love fest with swing players?

While I think Cousins is a bit of a headcase, he would give the Jazz a presence that they definitely need. Although there are 4 or 5 other big men I would pick ahead of him.

Probably because wings come a dime a dozen. Seriously, look how many 6'4"-6'8" players are out there.

Jazz have Millsap as next year's starting PF. And backing him up they have AK and Koufos (Koufos is better at PF than at C).
This means the Jazz should look for an upgrade at C rather than another PF. As of right now the only center on the Jazz roster is Fes (Memo is ok there but he's also better at PF than C). Oh, and Fes is a RFA so maybe he's not on the team next year.

Jazz need to draft length in the middle -- at the center position.

Unless there's some amazing stud they just can't pass on. Who? I don't know much about these wings (George, Babbitt, Aminu, et all) - I haven't focused on them too much since team need is elsewhere.

That said, I think Patterson's gonna be pretty solid. He's be a great player to have. Jazz already have the great Paul Millsap.

Oh, and Boozer's gone. :)