What's new

Chad Ford's latest Mock, June 9th

Everyone knew whatcha meant, Blood, it's just that there are a lot of wise-asses on this board, which really pisses me off!

I hate wise-asses. But I also thought I should have been more clear. Dammit.

Andrew Bynum was drafted 10th a few years back, and I don't remember seein him play in college, same with Dwight Howard (1st), and mebbe a few more I can't think of right now

Actually, the most recent one I could think of would be Derrick Rose (first). He played basketball before comin to the NBA, but he never really went to college, know what I'm sayin?

I`d surly take Monroe over Cousins. Monroe is a better defender, passer, and likely better team player. Why would someone want a fat, lazy 6`11" guy who doesn`t block shots or move that well??

You realize Deron Williams struggled with weight before being drafted, right?

You realize Deron Williams struggled with weight before being drafted, right?
Yeah, Deron was a fat boy until he got his jaw broke in a game and had his jaws wired shut for a couple months, just eatin crap like tomato soup alla time. So, its all purty simple, actually. Just break his jaw.

Plenty of athletic white guys have gone in the top 5, different was where they played was more respected nationally than Nevada. Morrison with Gonzaga, Miller with Florida, Van Horn, Bogut, etc.

Show me the numbers that state that Morrison was athletic. He sure as hell didn't play athletic.

Adam Morrison:
No step vertical 25.5. Max vertical 30.5. Bench press 11. Lane agility 11.46(lower is better). 3/4 sprint 3.37sec(lower is better).

Bogut's numbers were (height 6'11")
No step vertical 27.5. Max vertical 33.5. Bench press 13. Lane agility 12.06(lower is better). 3/4 sprint 3.51 sec(lower is better).

Babbitt's numbers again
No step vertical 29.5 Max vert 37.5. bench press 15. Lane agility 10.98sec. 3/4 sprint 3.19 (lower is better)

I wish I could find combine numbers for the others you mentioned, but it's probably too long ago. My point is that none of these players' athleticism was in the same league as Babbitt. Plus, VanHorn, Bogut, and Miller were all pretty good as pros and Bogut was taken #1 overall.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd mention that I really like Babbitt. I wouldn't be mad at all if we grabbed him at 9. Or traded down a couple spots and grabbed him at 12 or whatever. Kid has drive.

Cousins has the 3rd highest recorded body fat percentage of all time. And Deron isn't a ****-ing douchebag, either.

Not sure about the 3rd highest of all time... but know plenty of people in the national hs/aau/college hoops scene and to a person, they all say he's a POS.

If I had one of those funny DO NOT WANT gifs i'd put it up in the Cousins thread (if there is one).

GIMME BABBITT. I've been on him no homo since we got the 9.

The problem is that we need someone that can contribute IMMEDIATELY on both ends against long players such as Gasol and Odom.

Babbit would be horrible for several reasons:

1. He's used to "being the man" and taking whatever crazy *** shot he wants. Try that with Sloan. The first time he came down the floor and jacked up one of those 30' three pointers he's done. Babbit won't sniff the floor his first year or two until Sloan breaks him of his "bad habbits".

2. He's not known for his defense. Do we really need another scorer? We desperately need more/better defense. Especially in the paint. Babbit does nothing to address our biggest and most glaring issue.

3. He's a run and gun type player. The Jazz are not a run and gun type team. Babbit and the Jazz would be like oil and water.

Don't get me wrong. I really like Babbit and on the Suns, GS or even the Knicks under D'Antoni he would likey flourish. In a structured offense he'll be a bench player that gets maybe 10-15 minutes a night. In this regard I don't think comparisons to Morrison are that far off the mark. Morrison would also flourish if he could get traded to one of these teams. Their style simply does not fly with coaches like Sloan, Jackson or Pops.

I think you're presuming a lot here Marcus. Just because he was a run and gun player who took a lot of shots doesn't mean he wouldn't adapt his game to match the Jazz. That goes for his defense as well. After seeing his interviews and posts from someone who claims to have played high school ball with him, I think he is going to be a really good player no matter where he ends up.

He is supposed to work really hard at his game, so I believe that if we draft him, he will work out just fine. I think we need a good big man more than a wing, but I won't be disappointed if we draft Babbitt.

The first time he came down the floor and jacked up one of those 30' three pointers he's done. Babbit won't sniff the floor his first year or two until Sloan breaks him of his "bad habbits".

I don't think Jacking up a 30' shot will get him on the bench. He'll only be on the bench if he misses.

The problem is that we need someone that can contribute IMMEDIATELY on both ends against long players such as Gasol and Odom.

Babbit would be horrible for several reasons:

1. He's used to "being the man" and taking whatever crazy *** shot he wants. Try that with Sloan. The first time he came down the floor and jacked up one of those 30' three pointers he's done. Babbit won't sniff the floor his first year or two until Sloan breaks him of his "bad habbits".

2. He's not known for his defense. Do we really need another scorer? We desperately need more/better defense. Especially in the paint. Babbit does nothing to address our biggest and most glaring issue.

3. He's a run and gun type player. The Jazz are not a run and gun type team. Babbit and the Jazz would be like oil and water.

Don't get me wrong. I really like Babbit and on the Suns, GS or even the Knicks under D'Antoni he would likey flourish. In a structured offense he'll be a bench player that gets maybe 10-15 minutes a night. In this regard I don't think comparisons to Morrison are that far off the mark. Morrison would also flourish if he could get traded to one of these teams. Their style simply does not fly with coaches like Sloan, Jackson or Pops.

The Jazz without Memo (recovering from injury), Boozer, and Korver next year are going to severely be offensively challenged.

I think some Jazz fans are forgetting that this team isn't going to be the offensive juggernaut without those key players that they have been in previous years. Dwill has been one of the top PGs offensively, Boozer is one of the top PFs, and Memo has been one of the top if not thee top offensive C in the league the past few years. We'll be missing at least two of them most likely next season. And Korver's long ball shooting is going to be sorely missed as well. Anyone remember what life was like with Gordan or Fisher at the 2? Yikes...

A starting lineup of:

Dwill
Matthews
CJ
Millsap
Fess/Kosta

will struggle to score 80 points per night against most NBA teams.

In adherence to the sports law that white guys can only be compared to white guys, is Babbitt the next Brent Barry, only bigger? Maybe Rex Chapman?

Babbit makes this lineup better how?!?

Good gawd, seeing that line up makes me want to barf. That's a team headed for the lottery.

From all I've read, his offense would be at least as good as what Matthews and CJ give us right now.

Truly, a Jazz team with a rookie Babbitt isn't going to win a championship anytime soon.

But neither will most players available @ number 9. Might as well solidify our backcourt and then bring Tomic over next year, sign a big man next year, or make necessary moves to draft one in 2010-11.

Personally, outside of Cousins or Favors, I don't see any of the big men becoming more than just role players in this league. Perhaps Whiteside, but it will take some time.