What's new

Chad Ford's latest Mock, June 9th

If they are interested in drafting Babbit, shouldn't they just resign Korver? I mean does Babbit make the Jazz a better team than Korver? I don't see how.
Then you don't know talent.

Babbitt is nothing like Korver.

Babbitt is taller, bigger, stronger, quicker, more athletic and more skilled than Korver.

In addition to his far superior athleticism, Babbitt is better than Korver in every skill area:

Ball handling
Rebounding
Passing
Driving
Scoring
Post up moves
Face up moves
Creating own shot
Creating for teammates

Babbitt is a cross between Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitski.

Last edited:
Babbit recorded the highest max vertical among all frontcourt prospects at the NBA combine.

The NBA tests players for athleticism.

The 6'9" Babbitt tested as the most athletic frontcourt player in this year's draft and the best shooter/scorer by far.

21.9 ppg. 8.9 rpg. 2.1 apg. 1.0 spg. 50% fg. 91.7% ft. 41.6% 3fg.

I'm not sure where to put this, since there are 3 different threads talking about this stuff..

But if Babbitt really is very athletic, do you think he could end up being a bigger version of Manu Ginobli?

Even if Babbitt turns out to be a solid pickup, what do the Jazz do for their frontcourt position this year with Boozer leaving and Memo still out? Can we really go into the reg. season with only Fess/Kosta and Millsap/Kirilenko at the 5 and 4 respectfully?

Then you don't know talent.

Babbitt is nothing like Korver.

Babbitt is taller, bigger, stronger, quicker, more athletic and more skilled than Korver.

In addition to his far superior athleticism, Babbitt is better than Korver in every skill area:

Ball handling
Rebounding
Passing
Driving
Scoring
Post up moves
Face up moves
Creating own shot
Creating for teammates

Babbitt is a cross between Paul Pierce and Dirk Nowitski.

Lol, if this was true, he would be a top 5 pick. What you are saying is an absolute,(almost impossible) best case scenario. Most likely one, he will be a solid starter 14-18 ppg scorer at his peak.

In light of this "Babbit controversy" I though we should play a little game. What player belongs to these predraft measurements?

height with shoes: 6' 7.5"
weight: 233
wingspan: 7' 0"
standing reach: 8' 9.5"
no step vert:30.5
max vert: 33.5
Bench press: 7
lane agility:11.40
3/4 court sprint: 3.15
body fat: 8.0

Here, again, are Babbit's numbers:
height with shoes: 6' 8.75"
weight: 218
wingspan: 6' 11.25"
standing reach:8' 8.5"
no step vert:29.5
max vert: 37.5
bench press: 15
lane agility: 10.98
3/4 court sprint: 3.40
body fat: 5.6 (this accounts for a good bit of the overall weight difference)

answer: Carmelo Anthony

Why would someone want a fat, lazy 6`11" guy who doesn`t block shots or move that well??
I assume you're talking about Monroe here, since Cousins blocked more shots and grabbed more rebounds in fewer minutes than Monroe.

Last edited:
In light of this "Babbit controversy" I though we should play a little game. What player belongs to these predraft measurements?

height with shoes: 6' 7.5"
weight: 233
wingspan: 7' 0"
standing reach: 8' 9.5"
no step vert:30.5
max vert: 33.5
Bench press: 7
lane agility:11.40
3/4 court sprint: 3.15
body fat: 8.0

Here, again, are Babbit's numbers:
height with shoes: 6' 8.75"
weight: 218
wingspan: 6' 11.25"
standing reach:8' 8.5"
no step vert:29.5
max vert: 37.5
bench press: 15
lane agility: 10.98
3/4 court sprint: 3.40
body fat: 5.6 (this accounts for a good bit of the overall weight difference)

answer: Carmelo Anthony

Melo was/is a good run and jump athlete. What sets him apart are his skill and his tremedous strength. He lost all the fat and replaced it with muscle.

I really doubt that Babbit is going to put on more than 10 pounds of muscle.

I really doubt that Babbit is going to put on more than 10 pounds of muscle.

I'm not a Babbitt supporter, but he does solve a couple of our problems. Namely, more outside shooting (especially needed if Korver is gone), another create-your-own player (DESPERATELY needed), and a swing forward (especially needed if AK is gone). That's right, I said swing forward... because I think this guy will be able to play SOME minutes at the four if he puts on a bit more weight.

Oh, and that quote above is the most curious prediction I have seen on this year's draft speculation. Seriously, where in the hell do you guys come up with some of this stuff?

Well, based on these numbers Babbitt would be a top 5 pick - if he wasn't white. I don't wanna open a debate on the tired race discrimination so let's keep this focused on Babbitt. I only bring it up because there are so many prospects to research that when a guy is white it helps my research time to not spend much time on him (especially this year when I'm more focused on the Jazz drafting length). But New_Anonymity's post of Melo's comparable numbers have caused me to see how quickly I guess I dismissed Babbitt. Maybe this was the straw that broke my back after Cyclo already weighed me down with a bale of straw.

Question for Cyclo- You're obviously in favor of Babbitt, so I'd like to know more about the source of so many pro-Babbitt facts. Tell me you're not his mother.

I will admit I just got owned, I thought Curry was a complete and utter bust, I guess he just got injured(?) and then gained a ton of weight, now he sucks.

Attitude problems, weight problems and never did play much defense, despite being one of the more effective offensive players at one time.

We're talking about Eddy Curry, but we could just as easily be talking about Cousins in a few years. Cousins could be great for a long time and I'm not sure I'd want to pass on him after #3, but the concerns sure seem to be there.

I'd attribute it more to where he played.

What would you say to somebody who attributed where he played to is race?

I'm only being provocative because if you think you can escape the race issue that easy, then you are wacky. Oh yeah, the race issue is real, too. Babbitt is a legit prospect who is freakishly athletic. period.

What would you say to somebody who attributed where he played to is race?

I'm only being provocative because if you think you can escape the race issue that easy, then you are wacky. Oh yeah, the race issue is real, too. Babbitt is a legit prospect who is freakishly athletic. period.

Plenty of athletic white guys have gone in the top 5, different was where they played was more respected nationally than Nevada. Morrison with Gonzaga, Miller with Florida, Van Horn, Bogut, etc.

I haven't seen Babbitt play one second of real basketball. A youtube video is fun and all, but a lot of college players can have youtube come film them. Doesn't mean they can really play.

This also applies to Whiteside and Aminu for me. I am trying to think of the last player drafted in the top ten who I didn't see play in college that was actually good. Scottie Pippen?

I haven't seen Babbitt play one second of real basketball. A youtube video is fun and all, but a lot of college players can have youtube come film them. Doesn't mean they can really play.

This also applies to Whiteside and Aminu for me. I am trying to think of the last player drafted in the top ten who I didn't see play in college that was actually good. Scottie Pippen?

Andrew Bynum was drafted 10th a few years back, and I don't remember seein him play in college, same with Dwight Howard (1st), and mebbe a few more I can't think of right now

Andrew Bynum was drafted 10th a few years back, and I don't remember seein him play in college, same with Dwight Howard (1st), and mebbe a few more I can't think of right now

I was going to say Gasol, but I figured he meant individuals who actually DID play in college.

I should have worded it "didn't see them play while they played college ball". I also didn't see Bargnani play college ball or the Italian guy on the Knicks.