What's new

Conley could miss multiple weeks with hamstring injury

You don't break up a team that's won 15 out of 20 games, destroyed most opponents, averaging close to 30 assists and shooting over 50% most of those games!

Do the people who think we'll be better off with Conley not playing not realize how bad our bench guy's are? We have been really good with any 5 of our top 6 guy's on the floor together but we've been awful with our 7-10 guys on the floor. Conley being hurt means that we're now down to just 5 good players and guy's like mudiay, Niang and Green are going to have to play more minutes.[/QUOTE

You don't break up a team that's won 15 out of 20 games, destroyed most opponents, averaging close to 30 assists and shooting over 50% most of those games!
What about a team that loses 4 out of 5 games and can’t throw a ball in the ocean?

Who gives a s*** if we won 15 of our last 20 games? We got absolutely destroyed by Houston in the first round of the playoffs and the year before they destroyed us in the second round.

Last edited:
I don't have time to read every last post, but I blame management not Conley. Not quite as bad as Jackson playing Bynum in the finals when he was gimpy and destroying his career, but it does hurt the Jazz not having Conley now for extended time because we didn't take the proper precautionary measures the first time around.

Back to square one with the PG position. Conley even if he worked out would have been a 2-3 year fix at best (our window).

Free agent point guards in the summer of 2020:

Fred Van Fleet
Goran Dragic
Jeff Teague
Elfrid Payton
Reggie Jackson
isaiah Thomas
Tyler Johnson *

Then the question is do you even pursue another point guard? Maybe at 6'1" Donovan should be our PG and the Jazz should really be pursuing a SHOOTING GUARD. Shooting guard free agents in 2020:

DeMar DeRozan
Bogdan Bogdanovic - would be hilarious for the Jazz to get him.
Evan Fournier - french men unite!
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Joe Harris

DL already passed on that when DWill was playing good, got waived, and we needed a PG.

I have it on good authority that there were legitimate conversations about this at the time. Obviously the Jazz didn’t end up doing it, but the two sides did talk.

Back to square one with the PG position. Conley even if he worked out would have been a 2-3 year fix at best (our window).

Fred Van Fleet
Goran Dragic
Jeff Teague
Elfrid Payton
Reggie Jackson
isaiah Thomas
Tyler Johnson *

Then the question is do you even pursue another point guard? Maybe at 6'1" Donovan should be our PG and the Jazz should really be pursuing a SHOOTING GUARD. Shooting guard free agents in 2020:

DeMar DeRozan
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Joe Harris

Fournier would be so good in our offense next to Donovan.

Fred Van Fleet
Goran Dragic
Jeff Teague
Elfrid Payton
Reggie Jackson
isaiah Thomas
Tyler Johnson *

DeMar DeRozan
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Joe Harris

Donovan isn’t great at PG as far as how the team performs yet. I do think he can get there. It makes his individual numbers look better but the rest of the team does not perform as well in the minutes he has at PG.

As of right now the Jazz don’t have cap space and Mike would have to opt out. If Mike opted out you could likely sign someone. I like the Kings Bogdanovic a lot and he would be a great addition if you could do it. (again unlikely, Conleys going to opt in). If you could get the other Bogdanovic(who DM is also friends with) and move DM to point guard I would be for it tbh. Because this next summer where Rudy doesn’t look likely to repeat on DPOY or All NBA so far IMO. He’s going to feel pressure to sign an extension this summer if he doesn’t get either of those and Donovan’s going to want his max money this summer too. That erases cap space for the next 5 years and you really don’t have much of anything for assets or cap space. Plus you need to re-sign Royce.

I believe if you could get him to opt out you could sign a player, then re-sign/extend Mike. But there’s no way he’s opting out of that $34 million I would guess. Hopefully we aren’t hoping he does by then. You’d have to pay Bogdanovic to get him away from Sac and they’d have to not match but he’s an amazing shooter and a pretty good player.

Also, from tidbits from Tony Jones who is friends with Favors. I think Derrick would be very open to returning to the Jazz when he’s a FA this summer if we have cap space to sign him. Which again, unlikely.

Last edited:
If Synder doesn't play Exum or give him respectable minutes then I finally condemn the guy.

Two years ago Exum looked like an All-Star in summer league. ****ing give the kid some minutes.

I'm not an Exum fanboy by any means but I will tell you this. I watch a lot of basketball and have for 20 years. I've never seen someone like Dante glide like he does on the floor. His game may not be great, but the kid has a world-class body and movement.

****ing play him already.

So that we can guarantee that we're ****ed?

I don't get it.
No. I think we're playing better without him. But mostly my comment was about getting the "good" Conley. I don't think we'll see that Conley, if he exists anymore. Hence...

Holy ****. Both of these things were on my list to talk about.

1. I think the hamstring injury is a big reason the Jazz got Clarkson.
2. Dedmon - provided that he wasn’t just playing for a big payday the last few years - would be a near-perfect player for us. It’s almost a shame the Jazz didn’t trade Exum straight across in order to save those seconds for another move and because Dedex for Dedmon is the most perfect **** in the universe.

He makes $13M per through 2022. I’m gonna say no. Just waive NWG and get one of Bogut, Noah, Udoh, or Faried. Even Willie Reed.
And yeah, you’re probably right on the money. That **** is looking especially hairy on the backend.