What's new

Coronavirus

A movie casts a woman as the hero?

WOKE TRASH!

A video game has a bisexual main character?

WOKE BS!

A trans person exists in normal public space?

Go WOKE go BROKE Carl's Jr.. I won't be spending my alpha male USD in you're communist commercial enterprise. Not today Satan!
I do think the more absurd the anti-woke stance becomes, the sooner it will run out of steam. Which is not to say every “Woke” position knows no excess whatsoever, that can be called into question. But maybe we’re engaged in a conflict to determine an answer to the question: “What is a true American?” Be interesting to see where this stands in 20 years, 50 years. I think there’s a real world out there that will seriously impede much of the anti-woke’s vision of an ideal “true American” and ideal America from becoming the future they envision. The political movement represented by Christian nationalism supports anti-woke, and its growth may make this worse then it has to be. Worse than the Scopes monkey trial for sure, lol…

i'd have thought in the most simple definition it would be having an obsession with modern political correctness well above and beyond reason or merit to the point that it defies common sense
You used the golden comparison. Political correctness has no actual meaning. It was used in the 90s exactly the way wokeness is used now. It has no real meaning, just acts as a rallying cry for people who want to hate **** without criticism.

I'm pretty sure it originally meant "aware".
Sure, and then it got the Trump treatment just like fake news did. Now it is a pejorative term. Being woke, which actually means social awareness, understanding of systematic social injustice, is associated with...

n23adqjizu171.jpg

Define woke for me kind sir.
Woke:
Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular gender, sexual orientation, religious, racial or ethnic group as motivated by the perception of the target of hate belonging to a historically privileged demographic. Being woke is a subset of being a bigot.

Woke:
Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular gender, sexual orientation, religious, racial or ethnic group as motivated by the perception of the target of hate belonging to a historically privileged demographic. Being woke is a subset of being a bigot.
Good definition. Oh and being a vegetarian is also woke.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Woke:
Give me a break.

Florida went to sleep completely…not sure when they’ll awake…..

Not woke…un woke….anti-Woke—-Outright stupidity and blatant ignorance….all the same thing..

Last edited:
Florida went to sleep completely…not sure when they’ll awake…..

Not woke…un woke….anti-Woke—-Outright stupidity and blatant ignorance….all the same thing..

They are the advance guard of the New Puritan Battle Front. They will lead the way to ensure that the freedom of choice and religion so near and dear to Christians is forced on everyone so we can all freely believe in and live in a narrow-view Christian state and all be free to believe in exactly what they tell us to. Not sure we can handle that level of freedom. They should call the new country sometime more biblical maybe starting with a G. Hmmm.

Gomorrah sounds about right.

Woke:
Quite a fantastical definition.